“No complaints at all.”

Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Montrose, Colorado
“No complaints at all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a large room, very clean, with comfortable beds, friendly desk staff. No complaints whatsoever.I stayed with my daughter and one of the 2 beds even had a little privacy alcove of its own which was unexpectedly nice. Of course if you want to pay for extra luxuries you always can, but for a perfectly comfortable room in a fantastic location at a good value, the Barclay is great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waterloo, On
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellent location. Walk to Stanley Park, to the beach, to shopping, to the Heritage area. Parking no problem at the huge hotel next door. We had a good room on the third floor, but I don't think all rooms are as good as the one we had. Very clean, but no-frills stay! For under $100 in that area of Vancouver it is a great deal!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This could have been a very nice hotel except for one or two glaring details. The hotel is in a very nice location - very close to Stanley Park and the surrounding residential area. Parking is limited to a couple of outside spaces in the back alley. Your room key does not unlock the back door so one has to travel to the front of the building to get back inside. No bell staff or elevators will make you rethink your decision to pack a large suitcase as the rooms are accessible only by one of the two staircases.
Large, wide marble hallways guide you to the room but then the first surprise awaits. A nice bed, small but acceptable flat-screen TV and nice décor are totally ruined by the most filthy, worn-out carpet I have ever encountered. It seems such a shame that everything else in the room seems new when the carpeting completely destroys the effort put into renovating the rest of the space. If I could have lugged a steam cleaner up the stairs, it would have been worth the potential muscle strain I would have endured.
Our room was small but not un-expected for an inner-city location. The views are of the building across the alley. This brings me to the second surprise. In an obvious design flaw, the air-conditioner sits behind the window curtains. One then has to make a choice. Cool the room with the curtains open, allowing others to see inside your room and have the lights from the outside illuminate the space or enjoy your privacy in a room that is too warm.
If there are any other criticisms of the hotel it would be of the low-quality pillows. Otherwise, clean bathrooms and an efficient and helpful staff make for a good budget stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skuds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

After reading several other reviews on this place, I was expecting the worst. The outside of the hotel and the lobby both look quite outdated so I figured the room would probably be the same. When I initially booked I had ask for a renovated room because I had heard that only some were. I'm not sure if that's true but I was assigned room 202 and when we walked through the door I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was fairly small but it was clean & very cute with a newly refurbished bathroom (although it was super tiny). If you're on a budget I would definitely suggest staying here because you can't beat the price. Make sure you ask for a renovated room though because I don't know what the other rooms are like. I've seen pictures and they don't look great. Loved the location and overall it was a great stay. I would absolutely stay again but only if I was guaranteed the same room or another renovated one.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised. After seeing the reviews I had very low expectations but needed a cheap place to rest my head for an extra night in town. The room was too warm when we arrived but we turned on the air on and went out for a drink and it was fine when we returned. They use actual door keys and there isn't a do not disturb door hanger, just a dead bolt that let's those outside the room know if it's engaged or not. With that and no safely the room, I didn't feel comfortable leaving valuables in the room. But it was clean, and comfortable for the price. It's good for a short stay, but I wouldn't do a long stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Mindy F
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent a long weekend in Vancouver, but didn't want to pay the high prices you could expect paying in a standard hotel in a similar location. Finding Barclay Hotel made my life easier! The prices are fantastic and you can't wish for a better location. HOWEVER, you need to be aware of that you of course won't get a higher standard than you pay for.

The rooms are furnished with old furniture that is a little worn down, the room is very small (stayed in a single) and the breakfast is not very exciting.. For me, all this was OK - I travelled alone and didn't plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel and definitely didn't want to pay a lot for it. Barclay hotel gives you a clean room in a good location for a better price than you can find anywhere else. I would book it again if I went back alone or with a friend with the same preferences, but I wouldn't book it if I went with my girlfriend on a romantic trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank TravelSuperstar
Marysville, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have a closet bigger then the room we were in, you had to stand in the shower to close the bathroom door. There was a 4 inch cut in the sheet. The air conditioner was hidden behind the drapes, to get air you needed to open the drapes the window was facing the street and street level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank CFraize

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels