Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
New Bern, North Carolina
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stayed after a cruise and we were tired.The hotel offered everthing we needed. Great bed, good food and location. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions. Enjoyed our stay and would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nelsons1960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

A perfect place!
I really enjoyed my stay here... I was well located and the room had every thing one could need...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carlota888
Georgian_Court_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we do have a ladies only floor that is very popular among our female business guests. It is called the Orchid Floor and all the rooms on this floor have straight and flat irons, yoga mats, upgraded Aveda amenities, ladies emergency kits, lap desks and lifestyle magazines.

We hope you get a chance to stay here again too!
Seoul, Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We made the booking in person, and the receptionist at the time told us she'd upgraded us to the ladies' floor, where there were additional amenities for women. The room was spacious and comfortable, and we certainly appreciated the additional features, but it seems a pity that they're only available for women travelling without their male partners. We were very comfortable in our room, and it was very good value for money, with breakfast included. The location was also excellent, being just round the corner from Robson Street with its great restaurants/cafes and excellent shopping. The hop on/hop off bus stops right outside, which is also very convenient, and there seems to be a taxi stand right outside so we had no trouble getting to the airport on time. The hotel also has a free shuttle service for guests till 7pm which would be particularly useful for first time visitors to Vancouver. I hope I get the chance to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank janem25
Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

I think it was a great hotel.... the only thing was that when I got there in a limo I was expecting a bell boy or someone to help me with my bags which one by one I had to carry into the hotel and then after checking in they helped me take them up.

the staff was nice enough to show me two rooms which I could choose from... the bathroom and amenities were great.... could do with a little more lighting in the bathtub area,

Nice location and for the price I got it from hotwire for was just awesome.

and yes there was free wifi access... BUT it could have been faster...it was really very very slow

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tabdulla
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This hotel has the physical trappings of a very nice boutique hotel, but does not have the service to match.

As for the positive: lovely room with windows that open, free bottled water, nice Aveda amenities, robes and slippers – I guess I should say robe singular and one pair of slippers, even though there were two of us ...

I guess that segues to the negative. Staff knowledge and skills are uneven. I called a couple weeks ahead to find out about transport from the Vancouver Island Ferry and I was told – rather impatiently, I thought -- that we should take a taxi this very long distance. When I called again, I was advised by someone with a far more cheerful demeanor that if we were willing to walk a few blocks (we were), we could take a city bus for $2.50 each. The bus turned out to be a lovely way to see the surrounding area.

After check-in, the person at reception who I asked for guidance about what to do and where to eat was absolutely clueless. I explained that we only had one afternoon and that what we like to do is walk around the town, peek into shops and get the local flavor. She wasn’t able to discriminate or guide me among the several “must-see destinations” on her tourist map. She suggested a restaurant that she knew nothing about – she actually started to Google it to find out more.

Before we went out for the afternoon, I called down to ask if someone at the front desk could download a map for me of a certain area of town. The person I spoke with seemed completely bewildered by this request. I described how to do it on Google maps and she said she’d see what she could come up with. When I went downstairs about 15 minutes later, there was no map for me and no one at the front desk knew anything about it.

Anyhow, we went to one of the places the original person suggested: Gastown. This unpleasant area has no local flavor (I hope not, for Vancouver’s sake). It is basically full of souvenir shops and panhandlers and is apparently a cruise ship destination. Walking around Gastown was unpleasant and a wasted opportunity for us. I realize that hotels need to promote the venues of their city. But they also need the capacity to guide individual guests to the types activities that they are looking for.

We had two other weird experiences with staff. We called to ask where the fitness center was and were told it was on the second floor. That turned out ultimately to be true. However, there is no 2nd floor button on the elevator, so we went all around trying to figure out where the fitness center actually was. We had a problem with the (yes, free!) Wi-Fi and were told to bring our laptop down to the front desk, rather than their sending someone up.

What was a real turn-off for us – and what really prevents the Georgian Court from feeling like an intimate boutique hotel – is that it seems to be on the tour bus circuit. There were at least two charter groups when we were there. In a small hotel, this seemed like there were intermittent swarms of people. In a larger hotel, these groups would be absorbed in the enormity of it all, but here they dominated the environment.

Also, the view we had (of a dilapidated stadium) was not pleasing at all. If I were to go to Vancouver again, I’d stay someplace where I could see the water or at least something scenic.

1 Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stayed for two nights at this boutique hotel while waiting to board the Rocky Mountaineer Train. Never having been to Vancouver before, we weren't sure what to expect from a small hotel. We were both delighted to find that it was classy and well managed. We were greeted out front upon our arrival and check-in was easy.

The rooms were roomy, mattress very comfortable, the sheets were of high quality, towels were oversized and the bathroom was stocked with Aveda products. Another thing I was delighted with was that the tub was deep, wide and not fiberglass.

Several water bottles were in the room at no extra charge and internet access was free. Water bottles are also available at the front desk for the taking which is great for sightseeing. A newspaper in a cloth sack was hung on our door each morning.

The daytime staff was very knowledgeable about what bus stops, water taxis or walking routes to take to various sites, and they will provide you a city map.

There are three restaurants: a grill, a bistro and fine dining. We ate in the Bistro for both a breakfast and one evening meal; both meals were excellent, but we thought a bit overpriced (until we ate elsewhere and discovered all of Vancouver is expensive). They make their own ice cream and the pistachio was to die for.

The hotel provides a free shuttle during some hours of the day, but I would suggest that you make a reservation to use it, especially around dinner time, as may already be booked.

The Georgian Court is within walking distance of the Yaletown, Chinatown and Gastown sections of the city. The Seabus from Granville Island can be picked up in Yaletown which is about an 8 minute walk. Dr. Sun Yat Sen's Garden is also within walking distance and from there you can pick up the #19 bus to Stanley Park ($1.50) or to the boat launch area for a harbor cruise.

We enjoyed our stay there very much and have decided that when we go back to Vancouver we will stay there.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Perfect location for enjoying the city, very central and fairly priced. Take advantage of the free bicycles provided by the hotel and ride the 5+ mile seawall trail the whole way around Stanley Park, its amazing!

1 Thank robotkin