“Nice room for the dicounted price.”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I got a deal on this room but I would never pay their normal rate to stay here. The bed is comfortable and rooms are clean and quite. No breakfast included which was suprising because of the price. I did not travel with my laptop this time but the front desk staff told me there are computers available in the office center. Great location for events and for the restaurants in Yaletown. I would stay again but would pay no more than $170.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biker367
Write a ReviewReviews (2,513)

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in early July. Very nice hotel, great location, reasonable rates. We checked into our room and the guest who stayed in that room before us must have been smoking in the room (it is a non-smoking hotel). No fault of the hotel's, we called down to the front desk, someone was up to our room to check it out within minutes and since they had no other similar rooms available they immediately gave us a suite. That's the kind of service that makes people remember your hotel and keep coming back. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acon234
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We booked two rooms for an overnight trip to Vancouver. Traveled by Amtrak from near Seattle. The hotel renovations are almost complete. The staff was remarkably helpful. We got a great rate through a booking service. The location is convenient to Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown, and Robson shopping. False Creek's water taxi is nearby as is transit to anywhere in Vancouver.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank skagittraveler
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Overall I was very pleased with the Georgian Court, but it should be noted that they are currently undergoing some pretty serious renovations in the lobby and on some of the floors. The service was outstanding, with friendly, knowledgeable staff at the front desk and in the restaurants. The room was very nice, with incredibly comfortable beds and nice furnishings (though the artwork was a little odd). There are two restaurants downstairs, one with casual fare and the other - The William Tell - with creative and upscale fare and some of the best service we've ever received. The location of the hotel was great, too, very convenient for Robson Street shopping.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank lawgirlvt
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I booked this hotel originally in April for about $248 CAD per night. The only reason I booked it was because my parents who were arriving on a package deal on a cruise where staying here. After trying to get my brother in law in a month or so later he said they were giving out good prices so I rechecked and found the price had dropped considerably so instead of me paying $480 for 2 nights I got the rooms at $350.

I thought it was a credit crunch thing but clearly they are renovating. The web site photos are clearly what the hotel will be and not what it currently is or rather some parts of the hotel are renovated. The room was lovely which is really what counts I suppose. The hotel is , to be honest, OK for a one or two night stay but I would be sorely disappointed if this was my only hotel stay in this city.

Some people only want the basics, then this is fine. I want a hotel to make me feel special. I don't mean in a grovelly way, but I stay in hotels to get something different, to enjoy the facilities, to sit in the lounge bar, to watch the people. The lobby felt like a car park payment area and is in fact where you pay for the public parking next door too so not far off.

Pros:

Nice small gym with modern equipment. This is a plus for me.
Friendly Staff
Nice room
Very comfy bed (Huge Plus)
Iron and Ironing board in room (Huge Plus even if not used)
Tea and coffee making facilities (Huge Plus)

Cons (Not really many):

NO lounge area. This is a big negative for me as the 5 of us had nowhere to sit and chat when the rest of my party arrived without going into their bar and spending money.

The attached restaurant is nice enough with basic fare burgers, and fried food, not very imaginative. The caeser salad was nice enough if a bit overpriced once you had added protein. $6 for 6 prawns on a $10 plate of romaine lettuce is a bit steep.

So basically I think the hotel during it's transition phase is OK if you don't want any services from a hotel apart from a room and gym and can get the price I paid about $135 CAD a night. Any more an look elsewhere.

If I had this trip again I woulds have booked into the Hermitage before my cruise, I am staying here for 1 night after my cruise as it is more modern, is an apartment and is in a slightly better location for around the same price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 1, 2009

My wife and I arrived to be greeted by a plywood front facia and orange barriers at the entrance. Upon entering (no doorman), I finally found the "front desk" in an obviously temporary room. The entire area was dirty due to the construction obviously going on, and the girl at the desk apologized for the mess, but said they were remodeling in anticipation of the Olympics next winter. I asked about our room and she checked us in without any further discussion of the accomodations or rate discount due to the construction. We went to our room, dragging our own bags (no bellman), which was located down a hall with no wallpaper and workmen coming and going. The room was rather small and not nearly as inviting as the pictures on their website. The bed looked very "lumpy" and needed a new duvet, at the least. In fact, virtually nothing on their nicely done website photos really resembled what we actually observed there. We had a view of the side of the colliseum across the street and not much else. As this was a trip booked for a special occasion, and I had called and talked to their reservationist about the accomodations (who did not speak of the view, lack of staff, or the fact that extensive remodeling would be going on), I was very disappointed. After discussing this with my wife for a few minutes, I got on the phone and found a great room at the Westin Bayshore (actually for less money and for a much nicer room and facilities) and then promptly checked out of the Georgian Court. The clerk asked us why (as though there should be any question), and when I told her, she asked if they could offer anything to encourage us to stay. I told her that the reasons we were leaving should have been addressed before we got here, and at the least, some consideration should have been offered when we arrived, not only after they knew we were unsatisfied and were going to leave. I would not recommend this hotel, which could have ruined our trip except for the great people at the Westin Bayshore, which I would recommend highly.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NMTraveler48
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We booked this hotel through Expedia, and boy am i glad we did. It is at the bottom end of the main down town area, close to the Junction of Beatty and Robson, and directly across from the BC Place.
We asked for a room at the front and on the higher floors by email before arrival, and this was arranged. It also coincided with our wedding anniversary and a large bouquet of flowers was arranged for my wife on the day we arrived.
The staff were knowledagable, helpful and friendly. Whilst we were there the world Fireworks championship took place, and the guys behind the desk told us the best place to see the event .

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple