“A great hotel for work and base for play”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed all last week at the Georgian Court, three days work then three days to play. The hotel work room and staff especially Nadine could not have been more helpful. Thanks Nadine.

The bedrooms are kitted out with everything a woman traveller could possibly want and more. Floor 10 is ladies floor. Its quiet too. They have a couple of free bikes you can use to get around town and the staff take care to show you how to use the cycle routes. They also gave good recommendations for kayaking near Vancouver which I did in Deep Cove, quite stunning.

Great staff, service and value for money. I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a ladies room if you are a woman of course, they are great. You don't even need to take...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Louise R

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Georgian Court Hotel previously because it is perfectly situated in the entertainment district, right next to BC Place and Rogers Arena and only a short walk or cab ride to the clubs and other spots on Granville St.

The room was amazing as always and the staff very curteous and helpful.

I would definitely recommend staying at the Georgian Court to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: The suite which I got was nice giving you an enetrtainment area away from the bedroom area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wow, was the first thing that came across my mind walking into the Georgian Court Hotel for the first time. Me and my friends stayed there for a night to enjoy the vancouver night life with out the hassles of finding a way home at the end or parking after a night on the town. We enjoyed a walk across the street to watch a Vancouver white caps game. Then a quick walk back to the hotel where I got
changed and headed out to the sharks club for the night out which to was a 2 min walk. I found the hotel to have all my needs with the hotel staff being expecially helpfull. The beds were super comfortable and clean. I defiantly would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Madsquirrel77
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Took a gamble and did not know what I booked until I was booked and confirmed and GLAD it was this lovely place! Great location- walking distance to huge variety of restaurants, shopping ....the on-site restaurant/bar has also good food and a nice ambience.
The staff - from the time I checked in to the time I checked out I felt well cared for. My one very small request was immediately filled. Everyone I encountered was professional and friendly and helpful. I did not bring my vehicle so I can not speak to the parking situation.
The room - it was smaller, but had 2 full size beds ( I would have prefered just one, but it did not really matter that much) - mattresse and pillows were excellent.
The fitness room is really small, but it has sturdy, clean equipment. I stayed for three days and I was the only person in there
Free Wifi - need I say more? My experience as a whole was really good and I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our room on the Orchid floor was stunning! The whole hotel is beautiful and everyone we spoke to was more than welcoming and went above and beyond to help! The FREE shuttle to downtown was an unexpected bonus. If my business brings me back to Vancouver again I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are a woman travelling alone request a room on the Orchid floor. It has little touches women...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent 2 nights here on company business.
Well-located in the middle of the city with warm and friendly, attentive staff. Has the feel of a small country hotel. I stayed on a corner suite. Very comfortable beds and linen. Wifi free throughout affording fast internet access.
Excellent a la carte breakfast - Eggs Benedict highly recommended and good value too.
You'll feel well looked after here.

Room Tip: Apparently it can get quite noisy when there are sporting events going on in the stadiums opposite b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

A first class hotel with rooms that cater to women traveling alone. The website may be slightly misleading, as they have a floor dedicated to single women traveling. This in actuality means they have stocked the room with amenities that cater to the women so you can travel lighter. The hotel, although will not book single male customers to that floor they will book in families. This was discovered late on saturday night after a hockey game when two families with young excited children and very loud men came back to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Lisa J, Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Ms. F,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We regret that we gave you the impression of a female single traveler only floor as our female traveler could be an executive traveling on business, a mother traveling with or without her family or a group of girl friends on a weekend getaway.

Our woman’s preferred Orchid floor offers additional amenities such as curling iron, flat iron, upgraded Aveda amenities, emergency kit, lifestyle magazines and more. Our goal is to provide lady travelers with a little extra comfort and convenience. As per your suggestion, we have made changes to the wording on our website from "18 rooms dedicated to female travelers" to "18 Rooms offering extra amenities for female travelers". This service is available on the Orchid floor along with some other guest rooms and suites located throughout the hotel.

Again, we appreciate your feedback look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.