“Excellent Stay At The Georgian”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent Stay At The Georgian”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I dropped off my bags at 11am and they told me my room was already ready for me, I had a meeting to go to before that so when I arrived at 3pm they greeted me by name and the check in process only took a matter of minutes. When we got to our room it was breathtaking with clean the rooms were and the lovely Aveda products. After we got settled in we went down to the hot tub and steam room they were very well kept and very clean. In the morning there was complementary tea and coffee and a paper waiting outside my door! Check out went very well and I left with a smile on my face :)

Room Tip: Try to get a high level room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kvos1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I don't even know where to begin-My husband and I travelled to Vancouver for a small get away vacation in Vancouver through travelzoo local deals-we had experienced a lovely holiday from travelzoo so I don't know what happened here-Now a hotel does not have control over a drilling at the building site next door-but seriously, this was just way out of line-people swarmed the lobby in the afternoon because the sound was so loud-

I wouldn't recommend this one travelzoo who are so big now they probably don't care about little people like you and me-

3 Thank gail k
Victoria
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I made my reservation 3 weeks previously, and was assured that I would have an orchid room. That was not the case when I arrived. The hotel was sold out, an NHL game was on and they are very close and handy to the Rogers arena, for all you hockey fans!!
I think they gave me the last room, which was on the 3rd floor right by the elevators, and right out the window was where the construction zone was. Now to be fair, in very tiny print they wrote the following on my thank you for booking :
As a downtown property, city construction is part of our urban environment landscape. With that said, there is a new development project within our vicinity. We are committed to providing you with the utmost of comfort and superior service. Please feel free to contact us with any special requests.
I think that handing out ear plugs upon check in would be a good idea. Since I wasn't given an orchid room,(the 10th floor is called the orchid floor and has special amenities for us ladies!)the night clerk had sent up a basket of these goodies, which was very nice.
The bed was very comfortable ,and the room very clean.
The check in service was pleasant and efficient and really only said the orchid rooms are based on availability at check in, and a request is not a guarantee even though I'd been assured of it when I made the reservation on the phone. And they would move me the next day.
It should not have come as a surprise to be woken up at 7:30 to jack hammers.... but it was!
And I know it isn't their fault. Hence the ear plug note at the beginning. I wonder if they could inquire with guests at check-in , if they were early risers or hoping to sleep in..and give out the rooms accordingly. I had an important medical appointment, and had hoped for a quiet gentle start to my up coming appointments.
I just left my room as quickly as possible, besides the noise , the wireless internet (also free, thank you), kept cutting out.
I left my packed bags, as I was told they would move them to my new room while I was out.
When I returned in the late afternoon, I was given an orchid room... What a treat.. Better linen, a comfy sofa and several magazines too. But no bags. The desk clerk couldn't find them. I suggested he look in my old room, and he showed up with them shortly thereafter.
If I had had this room for both nights , my review would have had top rating.
This room was on the opposite side from the construction, thank goodness.
When I checked out, I asked what the policy was regarding giving out the rooms. No real answer, although I was given the managers card and told he would be able to answer the questions better.
It was great that parking was included in the price too. I definitely will go back again. It has a lovely look and feel. And perhaps the construction will be over....

Room Tip: check about the construction status and request a confirmation letter that you will not be on that s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sheril M
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2012

From the friendly greeting the moment we walked in the door through to checkout we found the staff to be professional and genuinely welcoming. The rooms are quite nice and the overall cleanliness of the facility is very good.

The location is excellent if you are going to an event at BC Place, Rogers Arena or the nearby theatres. It’s also an easy walk to Gastown, Chinatown and downtown shopping. Self-parking was only $15.00/day, a bargain for the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John S
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

What a welcome hotel after a poor experience at another hotel. We were in Vancouver for 9 days and after 2 at the previous hotel, we had to check out. Checked into Georgian Court and it was lovely! We did have a small issue though.
We called from the other hotel to make arrangements and spent a few hours repacking all our things and getting lunch before heading over to Georgian Court. When we arrived, we were told there was a problem with our reservation and the King room we had booked was not actually available and that we'd have to take a room with 2 double beds. We were set on our king bed though and we had to pay an extra $30/night to upgrade. Despite this being the hotel's fault, we received no compensation but rather had to pay more. We didn't even get a phone call once they noticed the mistake to warn us.
However, we were pretty much over it when we saw our exec. suite, just like it looks on the website. The bed was comfy, the room was spacious and clean, and they have Aveda products. Deluxe sized in the suites :) There is a Lady's floor on the 10th floor, but we were not on that floor. I asked if I could have one of the gift baskets that come in those rooms and it was no problem! Housekeeping brought a huge basket with all your hair tools plus hairspray, pantyhose, InStyle and Vanity Fair, and other girly essentials. It was a nice treat indeed!
It is really about the little things that a hotel does, and Georgian Court has it covered with their special touches, the robes and slippers, the complimentary umbrellas, and the service whether we needed a corkscrew or whatever, it was at our door in minutes.
Oh and did I mention location? It's 2 blocks from the Stadium-Chinatown skytrain and International Village shopping center. If it's yucky out or you don't feel like walking, the complimentary shuttle takes you anywhere you need to go as long as it isn't busy. You can always make a reservation though.
Oh, and they had the best fitness facilities I've seen in a hotel! A free weight set with a huge weight machine and all the basics- treadmill, elliptical and bike. Also towels, water and a TV, but I don't know what's with the TV remote, that thing is ginormous. The steam room was out of service the day we arrived, but back in business shortly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better, less obstructed view. Unless you want to look at BC...
1 Thank jessica P
Vancouver
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at the Georigian Court for a little weekend getawya and it was amazing. It is a very nice little boutique Hotel which has been totally updated. It holds fantastic Aveda amenties in the room and I was very pleased to find a curling iron and flat iron as I had left mine at home.

We found the room very quiet and peaceful, we couldn't here street noise or other guests. We also enjoyed the whirlpool which was a nice treat at the end of a long week.

I would definitely recommend the Geogian Court.

1 Thank Tamara W
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2012

After enjoying a Canucks game at Rogers' arena, I was less than five minute's walk to the hotel. My room was clean, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. I stayed on the women's only "Orchid Floor" that has extra special amenities included with the room. The staff were friendly, efficient and made me feel that I was a very valued guest. I look forward to staying at the Georgian Court again in the future.
Saskia L.

Room Tip: Women's only floors are very special
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo