“The Georgian Court Has Lost Its Soul”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
New York City, New York
“The Georgian Court Has Lost Its Soul”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel all the time. But this past weekend will be my last. The Georgian Court used to be Vancouver's most unique cozy one of a kind hotel. Now the vibe feels like a very poor attempt to be like every other 'wanna be' trendy hotel. The charm and positive energy and been sucked right out the front doors, along with all the regular wonderful staff that used to be there. I have stayed at the Georgian Court for almost ten years and it's such a shame that I have no desire to ever go back :(

1 Thank travelerzoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

This last Saturday; March 12th I arrived at the Georgian Court Hotel on crutches due to a surgery I had a few weeks ago. I was traveling by myself since really wanted to go to a conference and the hotel staff went out of their way to help me including arranging transportation to/from the event location. In addition to this the hotel was wonderful and comfortable with ammentities. would highly recommend this to friends/family traveling to Vancouver BC.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Next to the Hockey arena and walking distance to China Town and Yaletown, this hotel is conveniently situated. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful.We had two visits so experienced two rooms both were quiet and comfortable.
If I come to Vancouver again I will stay here again.

Kalispell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband, myself and 7 year old son came to Vancouver to see the Boston Bruins play at Rogers Arena. We chose this hotel based on location to arena and the reviews posted here. We were not disappointed. Walked down to the Aquabus dock in Yaletown and took the water shuttle over to Granville Island. Great place to visit, even with kids, since it has it's own Kids Market. Went back both days. Rogers Arena is a easy walk away with lots of resturants close by on Robson Street. They only bad would be that the choice between a king bed and two doubles was a little surprising. We are not large adults but it was not comfortable for two adults to sleep in a double bed. In other words maybe two queens should be offered.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Fort Langley, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I took my teenaged daughter to a Canucks game and wanted something close by. I had a great deal of trouble finding it because of all of the odd angled roads, construction, one way roads etc. And that was with two maps! Underground parking at the hotel.

Check in was a bit slow with only one active clerk but he was very friendly and helpful.

I picked a room on the Orchid Floor for my mother/daughter night out. The website doesn't say the floor is only for women. Men are there too. There are just those extra perks for the ladies. It made the stay just that little bit more fun. The cost was the same. It is on the 10th floor out of 12.

The room was very nice. Very upscale. Lots of pillows and a lovely duvet. TV is big although reception a bit blurry. We had a view of other buildings. Oh well.

I didn't give the best rating for location. In terms of the sports stadiums it is perfect. Lots of street people around though. This can be quite disturbing to a 14 year old girl out walking at night.

One elevator was broken so we had to wait in a long line of people who all came back from the game. No one could find stairs going up. I didn't bother to ask the staff since I wasn't walking 10 flights of stairs.

I am not sure how other patrons felt about a crowd of noisy people going down the halls after a hockey game. We tried to be quiet.

Lovely sleep. Then room service breakfast which was fast and good. Not a lot of choice but I think they are renovating the kitchen.

Check out was fine. I mentioned that my daughter wanted to buy the slippers from the room and they gave them to her for free. Very nice.

I will definitely stay again when I go to a hockey game.22

• Stayed February 2011
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

I can honestly say that when I arrived at your hotel, slightly frazzled, and I looked around the room and then sat on the bed, I actually burst into tears.

I've have had a few very difficult and unfortunately incidents in my life over the past few years and when I arrived here at this lovely oasis, I felt immediately taken care of for the first time in forever.

Every minute detail was taken care of and I felt catered to like I never have before in any hotel I've ever stayed. The attention to detail and the extra added little touches truly made my heart sing.

Thank you sincerely for everything you do to make a guest feel special and like they are truly taken care of, not just another hotel guest.

I have already highly recommended your hotel to my friends and co-workers.

Judy

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

Staff that cater to your every need to make you feel that you are the most important guest.
Beds that are absolutely dreamy..best sleep ever. Best decision I made was to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends