“Absolutely love the Delta Suites”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 4, 2007

This hotel was a godsend!

After a very rough day at work, and a less than memorable plane ride to Vancouver, it was refreshing to come to the Delta Suites, and be greeted by a friendly smile and excellent service. I never got the name of the girl at the front desk, but she had red hair and made my day. Thank you.

The room was awesome, and for someone receiving a government rate, I got a great room. I find some hotels give you a different room if you get a govt. rate.

Long story short, the Delta suite is near shopping, the staff is first rate, and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank PG_Coach
Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed February 3, 2007

Just finished staying at this hotel for two nights. My union was giving two days of training at the attached Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue (basically a conference centre).

The rooms were great, the staff was friendly and effiicient, and the food was good. I attempted to check in before 3pm, and was given a room right away (and a fresh chocolate-chip cookie to boot).
The bar on the main floor had a decent selection of drinks. The drink special on Friday night was a pint of a micro-brew lager for under $5, which is a really good price for a hotel bar.
The Manhattan Restaurant served a decent, if somewhat small, steak as a selection for the dinner that had been arranged for us (the other selection was salmon).
The snacks that the hotel/conference centre provided for our coffee breaks were also quite good, and there was something different for each break.

The hotel is in a pretty good location downtown, only a couple of blocks from Waterfront Station, the mall and GM Place.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank LadnerDad
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Really enjoyed this hotel. We booked through hotwire for a quick weekend getaway in Vancouver. The room was very clean. The hotel was well located near the Harbor Center. If you are in Vancouver for a cruise, this would be a great location to stay for a reasonable price. We did not attend in conjunction with a cruise, but we walked to the cruise dock on a beautiful sunny day.

Our front desk staff, Nadia and Megan, were able to book reservations at restaurants. We had great meals at several local restaurants. Lucy Mae Brown was one notable restaurant- a fantastic meal with amazing service.

Delta Vancouver is a great space. Suite-style rooms with a separate space for TV and work. Comfortable duvet covered beds are the big plus. Cookies at check-in. Cabs are readily available.

Use this hotel. As an US citizen, I normally choose Starwood or Marriott for loyalty programs or discounts. This Canadian hotel chain exceeded my expectations with this property.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pachelad
Reviewed January 3, 2007

The front desk clerk was professional, very polite and friendly. She gave us a room on the upper floor. View from the big windows were fabulous. We, three female adults, had a room with two double beds and a sofa bed (single bed size). When I made a reservation, I was told that I could ask a rollaway if a sofa bed was not comfortable for me. I'm short and small, so the sofa bed was fine. There is a business center behind the front desk and we could use the free internet there. This hotel is definetely gorgeous for the price.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank lazyfish71
Reviewed December 18, 2006

My husband & I have stayed at the Delta Vancouver Suites about 8 times now. We didn't have a very good experience last time - the alarm went off at 4 am and hotel employees had no idea what to do - so I complained and management gave me a free 2-night stay. We decided to use it on 12/15-12/17 and it couldn't have been better timing since we are from the Seattle area and had no power for 3 days.

The biggest plus to this place is that they allowed us to bring our boxer. The staff was super friendly to our dog and complimented on her every time we walked through the lobby. They also gave us a bag of treats. The room is pretty nice w/ a sitting area, desk, large windows and large bathroom. There is a park about a block and a half away and we also found a dog beach where she had a blast. Vancouver BC is much more pet friendlier than Seattle is. I think she had more fun than we did!

One scary thing is that I got a call from my credit card company saying that the hotel tried to charge my credit card $86,000! When I talked to the front desk about it they acted like it was no big deal and that it happens all the time (when the person checking you in forgets to put a limit on the deposit). I let it slide because it didn't go through and the good things about the hotel superseded the bad. We had room service for breaksfast, which was wonderful, and had a snack in the bar at the lobby. The prices are reasonable and not too spendy (compared to Seattle).

I would definitely stay here again because it's only blocks within Robson and a block away from the shopping mall so you don't really need a car. I was disappointed that we couldn't go to the aquarium because Stanley Park was closed from the storm.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sadiepoo
Reviewed December 10, 2006

We stayed here for three nights.

The first night, we were on a lower floor, the heating unit noise and street noise was incredibly disturbing. That room was really just a large room, not truly a suite, and no separation for the bedroom. The initial call to the front desk the next morning provided no help, however, my wife followed up and a much more helpful person moved us to an upper floor. There was no noise, and the room was larger, very delightful and had a Japanese-style sliding door that separated the bedroom from the living area.

So, the lesson is, ask for an upper floor and one of their true separate room suites, they're great!!

The location is wonderful! Easy walk to the waterfront, to the rotating tower restaurant and Gastown. We didn't bother renting a car and we had no problems.

Staff help was a bit mixed. Some very friendly people, but it was not uniform. Also, though they advertise 24-hour room service, the late-night selection is very limited.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Delta Vancouver Suites for 5 days on vacation and we loved it. All the staff we encountered on our stay were very friendly and welcoming. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with the quality of service at this hotel- it was top-notch and I am hard to please.
We did a lot of sight-seeing and the concierge was consistenly helpful and knowledgable.

The spa was the only thing "off" about the hotel as it's not actually a spa. You book your appointment with the hotel and they contract the service out. Also, it's in another building that you can only get access to through the third floor. That was a little strange, but I did get an amazing massage that I can't complain about.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple