“Faboulous friendly service”

Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Perth, Australia
“Faboulous friendly service”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This hotel is very conveniently located. The room we stated in was spacious and clean. The staff were the most friendly, helpful and accommodating of any hotel I have stayed in in any place in the world. Nothing was too much for them or too difficult. You felt comfortable and at home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I stayed here with 2 teenage girls who were going to a concert. The rooms are extremely quiet! One thing I hate in hotels are paper thin walls and hearing other people's alarms, phones, showers, etc... NOT HERE! It is so nice and quiet. We had kids on our floor as well, and never heard a peep from them.
When walking into the room there is a small hallway, bathroom on the right. Then you turn a corner to the left and there is a bedroom with 2 very comfy double beds and a nice flatscreen tv. Around the corner again is a small living space with desk, chairs, tv and mini-fridge.
The ONLY complaint I have is the $14.95 internet fee (why can't these big hotels have free internet), and it was WIRED, not wireless. Also the internet was crappy and sloooooow. They need to update to wireless and just let people have it free or a nominal $5 fee. $15 for slow internet is crazy.
Parking here is pricey. $25 to self park, but it is downtown so I expected that. Across the street is another parkade that is $14 per 24 hours, which is a better option, but I didn't see it until after I had parked.
Right across the street is a starbucks. I wanted go run into the hotel gift shop to grab some pop (around 4pm on a Friday afternoon), but it was closed.
The location is good for shopping/theater/cruise terminal if you need a good spot for that.
When I arrived I was given a nice cold bottle of water. Nice touch.
I would definately recommend this hotel. I only paid $119 on an off season weekend special.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank liz413413
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2010

OK, it's day one of a three night stay but I've been so impressed that I wanted to make sure that I wrote my review before I moved on to my next destination.

1. Check-in: Speedy, personable, and excellent cookie.

2. Room: Large, clean, quiet, very comfortable.

3. Room Service: Amazing! They went above and beyond to help me navigate around my food allergy. The meal was delicious.

4. Room attendant: Wonderful turn-down service - chocolates and bottled water.

5. Location: Within walking distance of the waterfront train station (very handy for getting to and from the airport for $8.75 each way) plus very close to pubs, restaurants, and great shopping.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Margaritamom
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Nice room. Friendly staff. Parking kinda pricey but it is in the downtown core so I guess it should be expected. Easy walking to Skytrain stations whick we used alot. Wifi only in the lobby. Cabled internet in room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Woolywolf
prince george
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed here with 3 friends, all had a great stay, little hard to find. Friendly service, but the price was great for what we received. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank craigp21
Toronto
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The hotel itself is in a very convenient location close to everything, but it is also located in a place where you feel uncomfortable going out alone at night. Unfortunately, there is nothing that the hotel staff can do in regards to the vagrants that like to hang around outside. At one point I was followed right into the lobby by someone asking for money. My room had an old man smell to it, but it appeared to be clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank homeandaway_10
Vancouver
Reviewed December 31, 2009

The staff at the Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel are, undoubtedly, the most friendly, genuine and sincere hotel staff I have ever met. Every staff member that we encountered during our stay was super cheerful and very helpful.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights (Dec. 25 - 31) and enjoyed every part of our hotel stay: from the A+ staff, to the big, spacious room with a mountian & water view, to the yoga studio in the fitness centre.

We booked our room through Hotwire for a rock-bottom price of $89/night. Upon check-in, we were shocked that the hotel upgraded us to a deluxe king suite (2 levels above the delta suite that we were expecting). Our corner room, Rm 1613, had a breathtaking view of the North Shore mountains, harbor and cityscape. The king size bed was so comfortable and the bedroom super quiet. The bathroom was very spacious and spotless clean. Our suite had a separate bedroom, with a sitting area that came with 2 arm chairs, work desk & chair, along with a mini-fridge and in-room safe.

The neighborhood may seem a bit quiet and somewhat remote, but it is ideal. The hotel basically intersects Downtown, Gastown, Chinatown and Yaletown - so the location couldn't be better. We enjoyed superb dining at Steamworks (RB Cream Ale is nice), Salt (superb cheese & cured meats), Guu (order the sashimi salad) and Medina Cafe (fresh marmalade & waffles are a must). Trees Organic Coffee in Gastown is the best for coffee & a snack to start the day. The hotel restaurant, Manhattan, is great for breakfast too.

Our stay was the best and we owe it to the staff that take care of the guests and the hotel. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple