To begin with, we arrived from East Hastings. As we got closer and closer to the address the neighborhood became worse and worse and we thought we would have to stay somewhere else. Then low and behold a couple of blocks before the Delta suites the neighborhood suddenly, instantly became much, much better. We were still a bit shaky as we pulled in and were unsure if we would actually stay there but the hotel staff immediately put us at ease beginning with Jerrod our valet then the charming young woman at the front who checked us in. When we expressed our doubts we were told that we could safely walk on down to Gas town (that was fun!) but NOT to walk more than 4 blocks east of the hotel. Despite our earlier fears we had fun walking to and around gastown from the hotel. Sure there are a few panhandlers around but not real pushy ones and the waiters at the SteamWorks kept on top of chasing the one away who kept talking to the diners sitting outside.
The suite was wonderful, the beds heavenly, we had free internet and complimentary water bottles resupplied daily! The only downside for my 21 year old son was that the sofa bed was not comfortable. I know sofa beds aren't know for comfort but in recent years they have really improved and I have slept on some that were quite comfortable!
All in all, we would definetly stay here again and would certaily recommend to friends with the warning not to be discouraged if they drive in through China town on Hastings East of the hotel.
Oh on a final note, the restaurant on site is VERY expensive with small portions. If you don't mind super casual dining, there is a food court downstairs of the tower across the street where we ate breakfast every morning once we found it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites is an all-suite hotel situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Canada and within a block of the Canada Line rail system. Our Vancouver hotel's location is within walking distance to many local attractions including Stanley Park, art galleries, theatres and Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium. The hotel is within minutes of the Vancouver Convention Centre, the city's central business district and government offices. Enjoy shopping the Granville Street mall, Robson Street and take in the vibrant dining scene and nightlife of Gastown and Yaletown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel
- Delta Hotel Vancouver