“Very good hotel and location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites
Ranked #27 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
“Very good hotel and location”
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is a suite hotel, and our suite was great. Once again, I need to tell you that internet is not included in the room's rate, so if you want to browse, you must pay for it; however, if you bring your laptop to the lobby level, there's a little lounge where you can sit on, and you can ask one of the concierges to give you a daily connection code to connect to the internet FOR FREE!, but again, this is only useful if you are sitting in the lobby area; but at least you have free internet, that's better than having nothing at all!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BoutiqueHotelFan2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I stayed here the 2nd week in April for five nights. The room was quiet (as I had requested), clean, and very comfortable. The restaurant is expensive ($30 for a 2-egg breakfast) but pleasant and good. Excellent service from all staff, from the waitresses in the restaurants to the cleaning staff and the people at the front desk.

This was my first trip to Vancouver, and I was quite busy: the location was excellent for what I needed. If I come back as a tourist (and I hope to someday--Vancouver is wonderful), I would probably stay elsewhere, closer to the sea wall where there are lots of nice looking small cafes and restaurants. Fast food and pizza for $1.25 a slice was all that was quickly available within 2 blocks of this hotel, and I didn't have time to go far for meals.

The hotel is secure, but the general downtown area is sketchy at night--deserted streets nearby. During the day, the location is good. Several blocks away is Gastown, and in 10 minutes' walk one can be strolling in Chinatown's Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Garden. The walk is longer--about 40 minutes walk for me, but I'm a stroller, not a strider--to Stanley Park, which is amazing.

Again, for touring the location is pretty good; for nicer dining, not so good. The views are of other skyscrapers. Service is excellent across the board at this hotel. I thought the pillows were a bit rocklike, but I slept fine anyway. I would stay there again at the conference rate I had ($129 CA) but probably not at the much higher rack rate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Annie021
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Already at check-in my friend and I were impressed by the efficiency and friendly atmosphere. Very comfortable beds. Spacious and comfortable living room. Even if I would try to be critical I would not be able to find anything to complain about. All the staff that we met were very nice and friendly.
The location was perfect for our needs. The GM Place arena (which hosts the great Vancouver Canucks and was the main purpose for us being in Vancouver) is a 10-15 minute walk away. Gastown is just around the corner. Lot's of nice bars and restaurant are very close.
When I return to Vancouver I will choose this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2009

So, our hotel was great. Staff was great, room was great. The rooms appear to be geared towards business travelers, but as a married couple, we were pleased. We drove up from Seattle to have an inexpensive getaway and were very happy with the treatment we received by the various shops & restuarants. Walking from our hotel to and around Gastown/Water St. was mostly good if you don't mind getting asked for change or for one of your cigarettes three times per block. Most of Vancouver is great, but we made the mistake of walking down a small portion of Hastings St. We've been to a lot of cities around the world so, believe me, if you like the idea of a street that look like Beirut in the 80's, than you'll love Hastings St. I would have preferred Mogadishu, at least it's warm there. The city really need to address that area before the Olympics.

That aside, we had a great time... until we went to leave. When we returned to our car in the garage across the street, we were less than pleased to find our window smashed out and our car ransacked. This person had apparently cut themselves while doing this and bled all over the inside of the car, then decided to smoke and put the butt out on our floor before making off with the loot(about 73 American cents). On top of that, the garage attendant who was nowhere to be found, managed to find the time to leave me a $40 parking ticket after, yes after, this took place. We called the police, but they don't come out, they just get your info and give you an incident #. The hotel helped us out as much as they could since it was snowing outside and windows prove to be a big asset during three hour drives in those conditions, but then they mentioned that it happens in that garage all the time. Um, perhaps that minor detail would have been helpful at check-in...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DBMCLEOD
Washington State
Reviewed February 24, 2009

We got to stay here for $65.00 a night (Priceline), so I can't complain about the price! But I expected more of a 4-star hotel. The room was okay, but had a view of other close-by buildings. The bathrobe (why just one?) was hard and scratchy. The extra blanket in the closet was pilly and old. The TV in the living room was ancient. But, the room was clean, and the staff was mostly friendly and cheerful. The in-house restaurant wasn't bad. One issue: when we arrived, we used the valet for parking, thinking that there was no other option. When we found out the next day that we could self-park, which cost $10.00 instead of the $27.00 valet fee, the hotel was willing to remove the valet charge for the previous day. I thought that was decent and fair.
All in all, the Delta Suites were fine, especially at that price. I would definitely not pay the
$400.00 price that was listed on the back of the room door. I probably wouldn't even pay $200.00.
Great location; walking distance from everything.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Auckland
Reviewed February 18, 2009

We stayed at Delta for four nights in total arriving late the first night at approx 11pm. We had four in the group so decided on 2 hotel rooms as the price wasn’t too bad. According to our bookings made on expedia.com we were guaranteed our rooms. When we arrived to check in they had overbooked so the room with the king bed was not available only a room with 2 doubles – as compensation they upgraded us for the first night to a suite room with 2 doubles. In the morning we had a tour to Whistler, so we packed our bags and they moved them for us to our new room, they also included a fruit bowl as apology.

The hotel itself was overall nice. The lobby downstairs was very flash, the rooms however were a bit outdated (the wall paper and carpet only) but overall not too bad. There was heaps of space in the rooms with a separate bathroom, bedroom and living area, it came with 2 tvs, coffee machine, fridge etc. It was clean & tidy.

The staff where very friendly at the hotel, we called them on numerous occasions from our room requesting information on buses times and routes and info on the best nightclub areas, times and prices etc. they were more then happy to help.

The location was good, it was across the road from the lookout and only about 3 streets over from the skytrain & all the bus routes and about 5 blocks from robson st – the main shopping street, and about 3 blocks from pacific centre the main shopping mall. There are many foodplaces around particularly pizza places right on the corner that offer a slice of pizza for about $1.50 including taxes.

They have a fitness centre which is isnt big but big enough, it also includes a room with yoga equipment/dvds etc and free fruit and water.

We paid about $138 NZ per night for 2 people - so about $80 CAD a night. It is well worth this - we would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My fiance and I stayed just one night but it was great. The location was easy to find and centrally located to shopping stores on Robson St. and easy to get to Chinatown as well. The valet was kind enough to let us know that we had two options for parking our car overnight, either park it ourselves at the garage right across from them for a flat rate of $5 or have them valet it for $27 with in/out privileges at the same garage - we opted to park it ourselves. We parked the car from 9pm the night we arrived and left at 5pm the following day and it only cost us $10. That's pretty amazing for being downtown and I was concerned with break-ins but it was no problem at all.

Fiance had reserved the room through Hotwire and upon check-in we were given two double beds and had no problem with changing that to a queen bed for no extra charge. I really like the safety that the elevator to get to your floor is only accessible with your room key, as well as to enter the building from the side entrance. The room was above average and suited our needs, comfy bed and nice down comforters.

We ordered room service because we couldn't find a place to eat after arriving around 9pm. The club sandwich was the only item that looked appetizing and it was better than I thought it would be, and they were pretty quick and got our order to us in about 15-20 minutes.

During the day we walked around to Robson St. and Chinatown. The walk to Chinatown is short, but there are definitely some shady streets that you want to avoid that our concierge had pointed out to us. We will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — location, room was nicely furnished and comfortable, clean, safe location
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)