“Nice hotel!”

Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
judith_p16
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Although we live 30 mins drive away from Downtown Vancouver, I had an early meeting so we decided to stay in Downtown... we stayed at the Delta and it was gorgeous! it is a beautiful hotel, the room was impecable! Clean, spacious, modern furniture, nicely decorated! Perfect location, near everything! Walking distance to Gastown, to pacific centre. The staff was friendly. Looking forward to staying at the Delta in the near future!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SLDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent. Hope to welcome you back soon since you are 30 minutes away.

Regards
Salesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we stay at least once a year here, and are never disappointed. The club rooms are spacious and the beds are superb. The best part really is the staff, they are all just so genuinely nice!
thanks.
Hotel is close to everything, excellent location if you ride the west coast express, sky train etc. Perfect place for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryan M, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It's always great to start your day with a five star review! Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. Engagement is the key to success and our team is always ready and willing. It's nice to see some local lower mainland guests coming to the city for a weekend. Vancouver is not only a great place for business but for leisure travel as well. As you mentioned, transportation is seamless, but we are also within steps of Gastown, a 10 min. walk to Rogers Arena, and 2 blocks from Robson street. Sounds like a great weekend to me! Hopefully we can see you again this year.
Malahat Vancouver Island
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My stay at the Delta Vancouver Suites was totally unplanned as I had expected to stay at the Delta Airport Hotel in order to catch an early morning flight but they were fully booked when I arrived (this is what happens with no reservation !) so they recommended me to the Delta Suites. When the front desk staff at the Delta Airport checked the availability of the Delta Suites they quoted me a rate of about $30 more than what Delta Suites quoted me several minutes later over the phone………….rather poor communication within Delta I would say.

If you are driving to this hotel make sure you understand clearly how to find the entry as it off a lane on a one way street not the address of the hotel and if you miss it you need to drive around a series of one way streets to get back to the entry.

As I arrived after midnight and had to leave before 6 AM my experience should have been limited but was ended up being full of surprises, starting with parking my car. Originally I had planned to park on the street for this short period but was quickly discouraged by the doorman and minutes later when a bum came asking for money and gave me a threatening look when I did not pay up I quickly gave in to the $35 valet parking. My check in was slow due to a computer problem but was quickly remedied by a very nice large warm chocolate cookie……..very nice touch.
The room had the dated Delta look but was in excellent condition and had a very good layout with a divider between sleeping area and sitting area. The new 32” flatscreen TV really should be bigger……..really they are so cheap to buy now. Slippers would have been nice, sort of creepy walking around on carpet that everyone else has walked on in their bare feet or whatever……….but I know this is not Delta’s standard amenity.

Unfortunately the internet was down due to the service provider doing an upgrade ! Had a great hot shower and fantastic sleep, everything was in perfect order in the room. My check out was slow due to some undisclosed problem but my attention was quickly distracted by the doorman doing a repair to the broken handle on my suite case! He did the most amazing and well engineered repair I could imagine and all on his own initiative………….it is still holding together after two more flights!

All in all it is a good hotel and I would give it a second try if I were staying downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Orianna K, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad all in all you enjoyed your stay but would love to have you back so we can give you a flawless experience.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this great hotel for 3 nights recently. I opted for a suite on the Signature Floor, with it's separate bedroom and living room. The suite is spacious and luxurious, and we were welcome to use the private lounge on the 21st floor. Breakfast and appetizers were offered in the lounge as well as an honour bar. The proximity to Gastown, the Seawall walk, the airport train, and downtown in general make this hotel superbly located. The staff are friendly, professional and go that extra mile for you. I have stayed at all the luxury downtown hotels in Vancouver, and I can say this is the best value, dollar for dollar. I will make the Delta my first choice in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank cabinman
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our staff are always willing to do a little bit extra to ensure that our guests are taken care of. Combine that with our central location and it becomes a great option for any traveler. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip from Alberta. Thank you for the 5 star review!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Staff always friendly and helpful. Room service better than most place stayed @ and rooms very clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable. Centrally located, close to skytrain as well. Not much else to say, highly recommend staying here if in Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the great review. 5 stars is always our goal! Our food and beverage team will be happy to hear your opinions about Room Service. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times but this is the first time I have written a review. I am so impressed with the consistent quality of staff and service over the years. I arrived at 11 p.m. and check-in was short and sweet. I had room 2309 and had a lovely view of the snow covered mountains as well as the city. The room was divided in two by a credenza on which a large flat screen TV swivelled so that you could watch it from either side of the room. the king size bed was covered in a divine white duvet. The bathroom counter top was large enough to place your toiletries (one of my pet peeves)and the shower was a good size with a solid shower head. The makeup mirror in my room was a bit wobbly when I tried to use it the next morning and when I called the front desk, they sent someone up right away. I used the workout room which had a couple of good quality , well kept treadmills as well as several ellipticals. Towels and water were provided. Adjacent to the cardio room was a separate "yoga/exercise" room with a DVD player. I noticed that you can get DVD's from the front desk. There is a sliding door so that you can get some privacy for a quiet yoga workout. Very nice facility! I was in town to visit family so I did not eat at the restaurant but did have a continental breakfast in the Signature Club lounge. Gina, the attendant, was wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. I have stayed here twice on my own and once with my family. Every time we have stayed it has been a wonderful experience with incredibility helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you so much for a great review and for being so detailed. Our Signature Club rooms are always a fan favorite and the team in Signature Club always make sure that our guests are taken care of. I'll share your comments with Gina and the rest of the team. Hopefully we can welcome you and your family back again in the near future.
Regards,
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business trip. Staff always helpful and attentive. View of bay was beautiful. Convenient location to downtown restaurants. Even provided umbrellas for rainy days. Did not eat in restaurant on premises.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank bchill
Orianna K, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Hope to have you back soon.