“Top level service at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites

Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites
Ranked #29 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Edmonton, Canada
“Top level service at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this great hotel for 3 nights recently. I opted for a suite on the Signature Floor, with it's separate bedroom and living room. The suite is spacious and luxurious, and we were welcome to use the private lounge on the 21st floor. Breakfast and appetizers were offered in the lounge as well as an honour bar. The proximity to Gastown, the Seawall walk, the airport train, and downtown in general make this hotel superbly located. The staff are friendly, professional and go that extra mile for you. I have stayed at all the luxury downtown hotels in Vancouver, and I can say this is the best value, dollar for dollar. I will make the Delta my first choice in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank cabinman
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our staff are always willing to do a little bit extra to ensure that our guests are taken care of. Combine that with our central location and it becomes a great option for any traveler. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip from Alberta. Thank you for the 5 star review!
Bryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Staff always friendly and helpful. Room service better than most place stayed @ and rooms very clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable. Centrally located, close to skytrain as well. Not much else to say, highly recommend staying here if in Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the great review. 5 stars is always our goal! Our food and beverage team will be happy to hear your opinions about Room Service. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times but this is the first time I have written a review. I am so impressed with the consistent quality of staff and service over the years. I arrived at 11 p.m. and check-in was short and sweet. I had room 2309 and had a lovely view of the snow covered mountains as well as the city. The room was divided in two by a credenza on which a large flat screen TV swivelled so that you could watch it from either side of the room. the king size bed was covered in a divine white duvet. The bathroom counter top was large enough to place your toiletries (one of my pet peeves)and the shower was a good size with a solid shower head. The makeup mirror in my room was a bit wobbly when I tried to use it the next morning and when I called the front desk, they sent someone up right away. I used the workout room which had a couple of good quality , well kept treadmills as well as several ellipticals. Towels and water were provided. Adjacent to the cardio room was a separate "yoga/exercise" room with a DVD player. I noticed that you can get DVD's from the front desk. There is a sliding door so that you can get some privacy for a quiet yoga workout. Very nice facility! I was in town to visit family so I did not eat at the restaurant but did have a continental breakfast in the Signature Club lounge. Gina, the attendant, was wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. I have stayed here twice on my own and once with my family. Every time we have stayed it has been a wonderful experience with incredibility helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you so much for a great review and for being so detailed. Our Signature Club rooms are always a fan favorite and the team in Signature Club always make sure that our guests are taken care of. I'll share your comments with Gina and the rest of the team. Hopefully we can welcome you and your family back again in the near future.
Regards,
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on business trip. Staff always helpful and attentive. View of bay was beautiful. Convenient location to downtown restaurants. Even provided umbrellas for rainy days. Did not eat in restaurant on premises.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank bchill
Orianna K, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Hope to have you back soon.
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Pleasant surprise! I arrived late at night after flying across the country to friendly, upbeat, helpful staff. Local time it was about 11PM, but with the time change, and travel, I was simply exhausted. The staff made up for this and went above and beyond in helping me get settled in to my beautiful room!

My room was spacious, clean, and had great views of Vancouver! After my first night’s stay, I made my way to breakfast in the Signature Club Lounge. I was still rather jetlagged and traveling alone prior to my conference starting a few days later, and asked if I was able to take my breakfast to my room. The staff got me a tray, asked about my travel, how long I was staying for, etc. They were so friendly and pleasant. I ate in my room while finalizing my plans for a day exploring about the city before heading out. The Signature Club staffs were awesome! Each day the employees were busy, but always took the time to talk to each guest, and ensure that we had everything we needed! The front desk and bell staff were SUPER, helping me with directions, making suggestions, and ensuring that I had an umbrella to take out in the rainy city.

I stayed here for three days, and each day, my experience was better. They offered warm chocolate chip “moustache” cooked (for Movember) to guests in the lobby, arranged taxis, etc. I asked for toothpaste as mine was discarded at the airport and a room attendant brought one right up to my room after they didn’t have any at the front desk when I inquired. The service here made the world of a difference! I can’t say enough about my experience here!

The location is fantastic, close to lots of shopping, restaurants, and attractions. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Orianna K, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I am so glad to hear about your stay. Our staff works hard everyday to try to make sure everyone's time here at the Delta Vancouver Suites as memorable as yours was. Hope to have you back!
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here on December 23rd, 2012. My wife, daughter and I checked in and were planning
on meeting with a couple cousins who live downtown. After we were all checked in and PAID up
we were advised that the power in the entire hotel would be going out at 11pm??? But we were told not to worry as they would provide us with a flashlight?? Just as promised the power went out and stayed off until 5am the next day when all the lights and smoke alarms went off and woke us all up nicely. This coupled with the tiny tube tv which we tried to watch the football game on, it was like a 22 inch zenith....literally made the game and any program unwatchable. Just wanted to thank the Delta for wrecking that xmas get together. I wont even go into the quality of the pull out couch our poor daughter had to sleep on....not a wink.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Disappointed154943
Bryan M, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I'm glad that we had the opportunity to speak today. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and enjoying our new LCD flat screen TV's. On behalf of my team, our apologies for your stay over the holidays.

Peter
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

i stayed here in November 2012 while i was attending a conference at the convention center. it was a 5- 10 minute walk to the center and is equally close to the cruise ship terminal. It is only minutes from Gastown & shopping at Pacific Center. i found the room to be modern and clean.
The room had a small sitting area and a good sized bathroom. I did not use any of the services in the hotel such as the bar, restaurant etc. I got a good price at hotels.com and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orianna K, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for your response, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We love that we are located just steps away from Gastown and other attractions and are always happy to hear about people getting out there and enjoying the sites of Vancouver.