Our family spent 8-day vacation in Vancouver, and I booked this hotel via expedia.com three months ahead of time. Unfortunately when we arrived the room was not as expected. I am not sure it is a matter of confusion or last-minute room shortage; but the room description I got from expedia.com was not the same as the one given to me. However after a couple of night getting used to the beds I decide to concentrate on my vacation instead of pushing for room change. Overall the staff was well trained and they handled my situation; but I would not recommend anyone booking just one room and expect comfortable bed. Their room size is okay BUT there is no 2QB arrangement. I think you can only get 1KB with one twin-size sofa bed or 2 DB or 1 QB with 1 double-bed soda bed. It won't be comfortable for 4 like my family. The room is modern and clean, but there is no mini-bar or microwave if someone needs it. You do have the typical coffee machine.
I like their security that requires room key to operate the elevator. The lobby was modern and clean. The second floor is their restaurant for breakfast and lunch. The third floor is their garage but I only do same-day return for my rental to avoid expensive surcharge to park my car there.
Adjacent to the hotel with connecting doors at first three floors is some sort of university center. But in late July and early August there was no student traffic. Right across the street is the Dollars/Thrifty car rental, although I like using Avis on Hornby a few-minute walk from the hotel. I did not go up to the Vancouver lookout tower but it is in the Harbor center to the right. Walking further towards the sea less than three-minute you will reach Waterfront station. You can buy a $9 day pass and use the 15-minute Seabus across the harbor to N. Vancouver. Canada-line train connection to YVR/Richmond, Expo-line, and Millennium line are all there. So getting around is really easy. If not for Whistler day-trip I would not need a rental at all. The hotel is also close to Robson street and water-front shopping areas. There is no shortage of decent restaurants and food courts.
The YVR line can also connect you to Vancouver Island via bus 620 Tsawwassen Ferry. The Yaletown stop gets you to Davis Street where you can catch a water taxi to Granville Island, Martime museum, and Science museum. The Gastown steam clock is within 10-to-15 minute walking distance. Canada Place is next to Waterfront station. Walking along the shoreline in that direction leads you to the Coal Harbor Marine dock. You can take the bus #19 on Georgia Street to reach Stanley Park as well.
If you want to avoid paying for hotel laundry, you can also walk to Abott Coin Laundry at 402 Abott Street.in less than 10 minutes. You can do the laundry yourself or the Korean owner can do it for you 80-cent per pound.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites is an all-suite hotel situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Canada and within a block of the Canada Line rail system. Our Vancouver hotel's location is within walking distance to many local attractions including Stanley Park, art galleries, theatres and Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium. The hotel is within minutes of the Vancouver Convention Centre, the city's central business district and government offices. Enjoy shopping the Granville Street mall, Robson Street and take in the vibrant dining scene and nightlife of Gastown and Yaletown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel
- Delta Hotel Vancouver