“Rooms priced nice”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room several months in advance and thought I got a really good price for the location. Room was really nice. Wifi was really high compared to other hotels that I have stayed in. Only hotel that I have stayed in that wasn't free....$16 a night. Also parking was $33 a night. Wish parking would have been included in the price of the room so I could have paid in advance. I traveled with other family members who were gold members and they got vouchers for free breakfast every morning and free wifi. Overall it was a nice hotel, great location and really nice fitness facility....plenty of weights, weight machines and a variety of cardio machines

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank luv2sn0rkel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We lucked out and got a really good price online for this hotel. It's in a great location and just perfect for exploring downtown Vancouver. The service was good although staff could have been a little friendlier. Lots of shopping and places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just wanted to post a quick review commending all of the staff that I came into contact with during the 6 days I stayed last week. From check in to the Elite lounge (both morning and evening staff) to check out, to the door men, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. Marriott - what assets you have in your staff.

Room Tip: If you can get a harbor view room, it is spectacular!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The location of this hotel is great although be careful paying extra for a room with a view. I did this and the view was of two other buildings and the water between them. The internet is overpriced (I think $17 inc. tax), which given even the Four Seasons is no longer charging, is totally unacceptable.

The rooms are a little tired and in need of a renovation but the overall experience are typically Marriott with comfortable beds and a pretty decent gym.

Just be careful of the gym photos on the website. The use of mirrors in the gym makes it look a lot bigger than it really is!! It is however reasonably good and the pool is also although has the feel of a local public baths!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank loungeseeker
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear loungeseeker,

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to follow up last week. We appreciate your feedback and I'm glad to hear that our team was able to make the situation right for you.

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds, and found our location convenient for your visit. I sincerely hope we can look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Regards,
Joann Pfiefer

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wow! Little details really mattered. I was quite impressed by the hotel staff. Friendly, helpful, and very quick to set up taxi rides or give good directions. The room was very nice, clean and the bedding was FANTASTIC! The pool & steam room was a great bonus. I really liked the restaurant in the hotel. EXCELLENT service. The food was very good and the staff was dressed nice, and customer service was above what my friend & I expected.I also liked how they had the computer out front (by the check in area), so it was no big deal if you wanted to check your email or respond on the way out. Beautiful flowers were on the check in desk and the staff obliged when I asked for a small drink of water, (I received a bottle instead)! I was also happy that it was so close to the Vancouver Convention Centre. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Whistle549
Reviewed March 9, 2014

What's not to like? A beautiful property with friendly and attentive staff. The Marriott Pinnacle is centrally located to the convention center, Canada Place, Robson Street and Stanley Park. The views are amazing and the rooms are well updated and furnished with everything you need - including an umbrella for that "occasional" rain shower. Easy access to and from the YVR airport via the Skybus. The hotel is only a short walk from to the Waterfront station that will take you to the airport, without transfers, in 26 minutes. It was an amazing four days spent with my wife that we'll never forget. We can't wait to go again and again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a "19" or "01" room - one that faces Coal Harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for one night after spending a few nights at the Coast Coal Harbour. The room was dated in comparison, could hear everything in the hallway and the air-conditioning would switch itself on and off so often I had to shut it off to get some sleep. I paid about the same price for both. They are virtually next to each so I know which one I would pick next time! On the plus side, the hotel's in a great location, the on-site restaurant has a good, but not great, buffet for breakfast and I was able to check in a few hours early which was appreciated. Not a terrible experience by any means, but not great either.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Cameron M
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to extend my apologies for the noise from the air conditioning, and want to assure your comments are well taken and have been shared with our team. I am glad to hear you found our location convienence for your stay and our sincerely hope we can look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.