“Gorgeous hotel, great stay”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were given a room on the top (31st) floor, with wraparound windows on two walls. Two comfy chairs with side table, huge flatscreen, desk in the room, multiple reading lights, huge bathroom with separate shower and tub, and niceities like a room safe, umbrella, iron, and coffee assortment.

Terrific fitness room with lots of equipment, sauna, hot tub, lap pool, assorted apples, and complementary ear buds for the equipment.

Cafe Artigiano is accessible via the lobby, and there's a posh lounge with a great street view.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for a work conference (conference was not located here) for four nights and it was my first time in Vancouver. I can say unequivocally that this was one of the most enjoyable Marriotts I have ever stayed at.

The location is absolutely perfect, as it is right downtown along the water. The views on all sides of the hotel are absolutely breathtaking (especially in the concierge lounge!). The design and style of the hotel is completely modern and up-to-date. The bathrooms were especially nice with a heavenly rain-shower. The service was also out of this world--I wanted for nothing and anytime I made a request it was fulfilled quickly and they would always go above and beyond what I asked. I also ordered room service several nights and had a few meals at the bar in the lobby and couldn't say a bad word about any of it.

Room Tip: Stay in a high floor. If you can get a water view, that is best but the view of downtown (which is w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James D
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed in room 3005

Service - Reception:

Was greeted by Shiveta on the Sat afternoon. She made conversation and was friendly. On my third day, I asked for some amenities to be replaced and this was promptly and accurately executed.

On one evening, late at night, I was using the computer at the lobby. As I walked past the reception twice, I was greeted on both occasions and was offered water.

Excellent service indeed.

Wifi/ IT Facility:
- Wifi available only at the lobby
- At the lobby, you can use their iMacs (2 available) and printer – see photo attached

1X HAIRDRYER (Not very strong)
1X Iron and board (for those people who need to look perfect on their vacations)
1X Make up remover (this is the first time I have seen this, and it was definitely handy!!)

Gym:
The photo tells all.
It is clean, modern and even offers chilled towels and fruits!

Bed:
Medium Firm

Bathroom:

Not the most modern design, but it was clean so I was happy ☺

Hallway:
See photo.
Lovely vibrant colours making the way back to the room comfortable.

Transportation:

5mins walk to Burrand Station or 8mins for Waterfront Station.
We just walked straight to/fr Waterfront when getting to/fr the airport. One straight route, no need to change lines.

Overall 9.5/10 – Very happy indeed! (Paid $131AUD per night)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed in this hotel on our visit to Vancouver. It is ideally placed, only a short walk to the harbour in one direction and bars and restaurants in the other. The room was so comfortable, 2 double beds in a double room and they were the most comfortable beds Iv ever slept in. The room was clean and fresh and had a lovely view. We had breakfast a couple of times and it was very good. We were there on holiday and I would say this is more a 'people staying for business' hotel rather than a holiday, but its in the city centre and ideally placed so that's not a complaint. Enjoyed the experience overall. Could have done with more than 1 breakfast teabag left in the room per day but they were happy to provide more when asked.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Many guests tell us how they love our beds! Glad to hear you had a restful night while with us. Look forward to a warm welcome on your next trip.
Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for you stay in Vancouver. It is safe, clean and in a great location very close to restaurants and bars and just a 5 minute walk to the Ferries and the Sea Wall pathway. Parking fee is below most hotels I go to in a downtown location. Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2014

From check-in to departure this hotel and the people working there was excellent. The rooms are clean and quiet. I feel this hotel is a great value for business or a pleasure stay, and the location is really suore for a delightful stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Best view is harbor view but from the uppermost floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

What a great Marriott.

Had a really great Valentine's Day experience.... We were upgraded to a harbor view room on the top floor which was spectacular. Had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to our room with a card wishing us a great anniversary. (So sweet, thanks Olivia!)

We had appetizers at the bar which were delicious! I highly recommend the spicy edamame appy... such a simple snack but it was soooo good. And we ordered breakfast in bed which was one of the best breakfasts I've had in a very long time.

Enjoyed the fact that even after checkout we could keep our car parked there up til 6pm while we went walking/shopping downtown.

Just an overall fabulous time right in my hometown....

Room Tip: I 'liked' the Marriott Pinnacle on Facebook and wrote them a message asking for a possible r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple