“Just the way they deal with customers makes me want to go back!”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The customer service was supreme. I approached both the concierge and manager on both days with two separate problems that arose. They stepped up immediately and resolved the problems to great satisfaction. Hats’ off to the way their treat their clients!

Room Tip: Greta locations. I suggest going around the corner and renting the EzeeRiders electronic Bikes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am glad our team was able to assist and make your stay a memorable one. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a lovely stay at this Marriott. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great- we were able to stroll down by the water at Coal Harbor after having a lovely dinner at the nearby Cactus Cafe. Would have liked if there was free internet in the room- unfortunately it is only free in the Lobby and took time to get working. We had access to the Conceriege lounge and found the staff there friendly and accommodating. The hotel is currently having some construction but seems to be functioning well . We loved have a room that faced the Vancouver Harbor.

Room Tip: We paid a bit extra for view of the harbor and felt it was worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Located on west Hastings street, this hotel is two short blocks from the Olympic cauldron and the walkways along the waterfront, including Coal Harbour. Some nearby attractions: float plane rides, Burrard Landing, Stanley park and about 7 blocks to Robson street shopping or Pacific Mall shopping.
The rooms are comfortable with good amenities. My room on 22nd floor had a great view of Olympic Square.
The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Cab from airport about $40.00; sky train requires a bit of a walk or a short cab ride. High rooms ha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August 2013 and while we enjoyed the room, the difficulty in getting onto the Internet was insane. Evidently if you have any Apple product, getting connected to the hotel's Internet is almost impossible. My husband and I came with iPhones, iPads and Macs and were unable to get onto the system. A nice young guy spent hours clearing out our phone's cache of memory or some other odd thing, and we still didn't get on. Enjoyed the hotel itself, but since we were in Vancouver on business, it was a bit frustrating. Oh, and the peek-a-boo shower might be fun for newer couples.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times and both times I left satisfied with my stay. The staff members are professional, the location is ideal, and the room layouts are modern and interesting. On my most recent stay, however, I did notice a few obvious issues -- the carpet in my room required stretching, the blackout curtains are starting to degrade from exposure to ultraviolet radiation, and the window trim was looking ratty. Those small issues aside, this hotel is still a very good option if one is staying downtown in Vancouver. Consider this property if you get a good rate.

As other areas of the hotel are being renovated in phases at this very moment, a renovation of the guest rooms may not be that far behind.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for continued patronage. Your comments are well taken and thank you for sharing with us. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Check in took several hours as we needed a room large enough for a rollaway (2 adults and 2 college age children) as they had to fix the air conditioner. To compensate us, they gave us free drinks at the bar and free internet service for our stay. It was worth the wait as we got a harbor view room ($30 upgrade) on the 30th floor. OUTSTANDING view. Room was nice but a little tight, beds fairly comfortable, bathroom was a good size. Air conditioner was very loud and would turn on and off all through the night waking us up on several occasions. We had to call to have it looked at twice. We used the concierge almost every day. The women we got during the day was good but always felt rushed. The guys in the late afternoon and evening were very nice! Had room service one night and it was good and quick - bar was nice but the wine was crazy expensive but we found that to be the case everywhere in this city ($12-15 a glass). Would stay there again for the gorgeous view and close location to the waterfront but might try somewhere else with the same kind of view if the price were right. Try the Cactus Club Cafe on the waterfront for dinner - ate there twice and it was fantastic! Had the squash ravioli with prawns - BEST I'VE EVER HAD! Nice city but very congested!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room with a harbor view - I guarantee it is worth the $30!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

My sincere apologies for the issues with the air conditioner and thank you for your understanding. I am glad we are able to secure a nice highfloor harbourview room during your stay. Thank you for staying with us. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been back to this hotel several times over the years, and I would still recommend it, but I do feel that it has degraded in service over the years. This time I was in Vancouver for a half-marathon event. The location is nice and away from the crowd, but close enough that it is walkable to get to where you need to get. I enjoy running around Stanley park in the morning from the hotel.

The room is average size. The air conditioning unit in the room is old and rather noisy for today's standards. There also seems to be a longer wait time for the elevators and the hotel is trying to compensate it by reducing the time lag between opening and closing the elevator doors. They never fail to catch customers off guard.

There seem to be some inconsistencies with the breakfast privilege for platinum reward members. With the concierge lounge being closed on weekends, we usually get a breakfast voucher automatically without having to ask, but I had to request for it for the past two or three stays, and we always get something different every time. The first time we were there back in 2011, the breakfast vouchers were given as complimentary gift for Platinum members and it entitled us to the breakfast buffet at the lobby. The second time I was there in 2012, we weren't given any even though I asked. This year I still had to ask for them, but we are now not entitled for the full buffet course without an extra $6 charge (to include the hot items). This is new and I wasn't aware of it, so keep that in mind, Platinum members.

Be aware the concierge lounge is under construction, so currently they are making do by using one of the convention rooms. Not ideal, but works. My question is, why is the lounge still under renovation? It was under renovation back in 2012, and not it is again.

Room Tip: Ask for ones away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends