Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
$123
$120
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$240
$224
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$227
$321
Preferred Hotels
$294
$287
$272
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$281
$416
$225
$219
1,950 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungestanley parkcanada placeconvention centerseparate tub and showerhigh floorcorner roomwaterfront stationwithin walking distancerobson streetcruise portexcellent locationharbour viewvery nice hotelwater fronttwo blocksfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal - in the heart of downtown, walking distance to everything. The room was quite clean and spacious (I really enjoyed the separate shower and bath tub), and they provided all of the normal accessories (shampoo, conditioner, even mouthwash). We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and I was let down by the food. I had the crab dip which came lukewarm, everyone's meals came at different times (group of 10), and the glass of wine I ordered ended up being $12. Apparently they just renovated their restaurant, and are currently undergoing renos on the main part of the hotel.

Decent view of surrounding area, quiet, and decent gym.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the crab dip. I have shared your comments with our Chef and do appreciate you bringing this our attention. If you would you be so kind to reach out to my assistant at gigi.hung@marriott.com, would really appreciate if we could gather more information from your stay so we can follow-up with our team. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Marriott Pinnacle is a solid 4-star hotel located in the downtown business district of Vancouver. If you're coming from the airport via Skytrain (metro), you can walk there in about 8 minutes from Waterfront Station. The lobby is large and open and the checkin staff who I dealt with were very friendly and efficient. Official checkin time in 3:00pm but I had no trouble checking in at 1:00. My room on the 9th floor was spacious, with one wall (the largest one) that was completely windows. This allows for wonderful natural light, but there are also sufficient blinds for privacy. The king sized bed was very comfortable and a variety of pillow types were available (in fact, I believe there were 9 pillows on the bed). The bathroom had a tub and a separate shower stall and was spacious overall. The bath products were plentiful and good quality. There was no noise from the hallways or from the outside and my stay was very restful. The location would be perfect for business travellers and anyone wishing to be right in the centre of town. However, because this is the business district, many of the restaurants cater to the lunchtime work crowd and close in the late afternoon. If you're looking for a "neighbourhood feel", you may prefer booking a place in Gastown, Yaletown, Kitsilano, or the West End. I used a bidding site and was very happy with my price, but I'm not sure if I would pay the full rack rate. I would certainly stay here again if the price were right as I had no complaints and a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jmacleantaylor

Our floor-to-ceiling windows are one of the favourite features of our guests. I am glad to hear you've enjoyed the products and services. Thank you for staying with us. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I come to this hotel a few times a year for business. The service is good, the view is OK if you get a harbor view room but that is about it. I think they're short staffed, always a line up at the lobby. All the rooms I've been to have this smell of humidity. The kind smell that you get when your carpet is wet and in a closed room. I have windows in the room which I need to leave open for most of the day. The food is nothing great but the new lobby will probably look OK. The rooms definitely need a refresher. It is not a Elite status friendly hotel. By this I mean that they will provide you with the typical benefits (concierge lounge, free internet access) but will have no Elite desk or Elite Check in etc.

1  Thank Freq_trav_72

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared with our housekeeping department to review our procedure ensuring on room smelling fresh & clean. I am glad to advise with our recent lobby update, we now have a new front desk set-up with additional check-in terminals with one designated for elite check-in. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I find it funny how two reviewers can have vastly different experiences staying at a hotel practically at the same time. However I suppose that's not unusual. Anyway we stayed here for two nights before cruising to Alaska and for one night after the cruise. We found the hotel and the staff to be outstanding. We are Marriott Elite status and both times were. Given rooms on the upper level floors with magnificent views of the harbor.

We had breakfast one morning and lunch one afternoon in the newly renovated dining area. Both meals and service were excellent. The ambience is quite nice and everything is open and bright.

A special note of appreciation goes to the front desk and concierge area. We have stayed at MANY Marriott owned hotels from the Courtyard brand to the JW and Ritz-Carlton brands. The lobby staff at the Marriott Pinnacle should serve as the training ground for a number of other hotels within the chain. Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying; most Marriott locations have excellent front desk and concierge services. This location truly excelled.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank don4135
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in an excellent location. Vancouver is a very fun city and this hotel is a great base of operations. The parking situation was a real pain. The hotel does not own the parking. You drive beneath the hotel, find a spot, go to the machine, print a ticket, go to the lobby, check in, go back to your parked car with a slip of paper, and then back to the lobby, and finally to your room. Way too much work. If you don't have a car, then stay here. Its disappointing such a nice hotel would get dragged down by such a simple item.

Room Tip: Corner suite was awesome.
2  Thank Manzanitabay