“Beautiful hotel”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with amazing staff. The rooms are quiet, comfortable, and roomy. The views are amazing. Dinner (both in the restaurant and room service) is also amazing. Beautifully presented and delicious. Well worth the price. WiFi internet was good (I am not sure about the charge since I did not have to pay for this service). The concierge lounge is large enough and comfortable and breakfast was great. This was my final stay, after five visits. I will miss Vancouver and the Mariott Pinnacle. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a recent 3 night business trip. It was perfectly located for my needs. I flew in and rented a car at the airport. It only took me about 30 minutes to arrive at the hotel. The check-in was a breeze with helpful and curteous staff. The parking system was fully explained to me and could not have been more convenient (although pricey at about $25 + tax per day). They charged me an additional $15.00 + tax for the internet which I found to be a rip off even though this was on a business expense account.
The room was very clean and quiet. The room was well equipped and relatively spacious. The bed was very comfortable.

I also ate at the hotel restaurant on several occasions. The service was always first rate.

Overall, this was a great stay and I will certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VernonBirdman
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although we did not see the sun during this trip, it was a good trip....hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Restaurant's weekend buffet was good - average for a Marriott - but nice and fresh items. It is located downtown so the area was relatively quiet (we were there Thursday - Saturday). Even though there is another building blocking the view of the harbour, you can still see the sea planes coming and going - a treat to watch (for me anyway). You can easily walk to Stanley Park, the terminals for the sea planes and the convention center.

Restaurant is on the ground floor, looking out on the street.....Food was tasty and all the servers that we spoke to were extremely helpful and friendly.

Self-parking is available under the building - convenient for inclement weather.

Room Tip: Try to get room 19 on a high floor....the hotel is curved and room 19 has a wonderful window setup...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank island-gal-in-NJ
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Not a single complainant about on my recent stay at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle.

Positives:
-They accommodated both and early check in and late check out
-Friendly and helpful staff
-Amazing pool, steam room and work out room
-25th floor concierge lounge is great

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DowntownRB
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff were all exceptional from the doorman to the waitress to the concierge to the barmaid. We enjoyed our stay immensely because of them. The hotel is well located with easy access to Gastown, Granville Island, and the train depot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank The2TravelingFools
Reviewed December 3, 2012

During a recent business trip to Vancouver I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle for two nights. I found the King Room with Harbour View to be spacious, clean and reasonably well appointed. The bed was comfortable, and the upper floor / corner room that I stayed in had large curved windows giving a decent view of the harbour area. One point for next time would be to not spend more money on the harbour view room. With the adjacent high-rise buildings, the view is nice, but in my opinion not worth spending more money for. I did not have the opportunity to explore the other facilities within the hotel other than a couple of breakfasts in the hotel restaurant. The food was very good, and service was excellent. One final thought, I found the hotel location very convenient for the convention center, downtown business purposes and Gastown (roughly a 10 minute walk).

Room Tip: Not sure the harbour view rooms are worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JetJunkie
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights this past weekend in November. We bought a weekend package that included breakfast and parking. Our king room was beautiful, spotless and comfortable. We were particularly taken by the total friendliness and customer service from the doorman to the parking valet to the front desk and housekeeping. They were all just wonderful. We had dinner at the restaurant as well as two breakfasts. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. It was very special when the chef came out to see if our food was good and the service was good. He told us that property ranked 11th in customer service in North America and they were shooting for number 1.

As far as we are concerned this is the only place to stay in Vancouver. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk - I think they will actually help!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple