1,009 results
All reviews washer dryer gay district full kitchen stanley park davie st ocean view moxies restaurant living room granville island west end drug store min walk lots of restaurants english bay beach outdoor pool high floor light sleeper
Reviewed April 2, 2006

Back from my 4th visit since January 2005. Stayed a week and you can't beat the Sandman Suites on Davie for convenience of in-suite laundry, full kitchen including dishwasher, and staff that are attentive and professional. The front desk can get busy at times, so allow some extra time if you know you might be in a rush. The elevators can be slow.
Room service from the adjoining Moxie's Grill has good food, fast delivery and friendly service. The room service menu prices are on par with Copeland's, Bennigan's, TGI Friday's, Cactus Club, or Earl's. And when finished you can run the dishes through the dishwasher...how convenient!
Great 'four-peat' stay and I recommend it for location, convenience, amenities, and price. The completion of the 3rd floor renovations include the top-notch Phresh Spa which may soon elevate this property into a higher room rate bracket in Vancouver. Visit while this is still the best deal in the WestEnd and Downtown.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank cigal
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Our family stayed for 5 nights at the Sandman Suites on Davie in Feb 06. It was like a home away from home with all the facilities needed for a family with young children. 2 tvs, (one for the kids) full kitchen, and very handy a washer/dryer combination in the room in a concealed laundry. The position was great with a short walk to Stanley Park (for exercise) and Robson St (for shopping). Lots of supermarkets, fruits stores and liquor store within a 5 minute walk. The staff were great, with a 24 hr desk and room service there was always help at hand. The views over the city and mountains behind were spectacular. For the price it was one of the best value hotels we have stayed in. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we visit Vancouver.

8  Thank Escape10292
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I stayed in the Sandman Suites on Davie Street for 2 weeks and I really enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and helped with any problem we had. The room was very clean and spacious and it was brilliant to have a washing machine in the room. Moxie's grill is the restaurant attached to the hotel and their food is very reasonably priced and very good.

The location on Davie Street is very central - only 5 minutes walk to the main shops on Robson Street or 5 minutes in the other direction to English Bay. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2005
3  Thank Jane1981
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Stayed here for a quick getaway. The staff were really nice and helpful, the price was good. It is right in the middle of Davies st, so easy access to amenities/shops, etc. We went to a hockey game, its too far from GM place to walk. I thought the room we stayed in was awful. The carpets in the room were stained and windows/blinds were dirty. Handprints on furniture that should be wiped clean. The rest of the room appeared clean, but I felt like it wasn't from the other issues noted. If you drive there yourself, you enter through the back alley, which I didn't like especially at night. If you taxi there or get dropped off you enter the front lobby area, so you wouldn't see the back area. My husband, didn't mind the hotel, I wouldn't stay there again.

3  Thank narek
Reviewed March 12, 2006

Stayed overnight at the Sandman Suites on Mar 9/06 and loved the room, the view, the location and the staff. Although tiny, the suite had everything, including a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and stove. Staff were friendly and accomodating, and there is a restaurant on site, with hundreds of other food, coffee and restaurant choices within blocks. I was on the 23 floor and enjoyed spectacular views of English Bay & the North Shore. Would stay again anytime. Also check out the Phresh Spa on the 3rd floor if you get a chance, I enjoyed the best facial of my life there before heading home. Just a great stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business