All reviewsdavie streetwasher dryergay districtfull kitchenstanley parkmoxies restaurantliving roomocean viewgranville islandwest enddrug storemin walklots of restaurantsenglish bay beachoutdoor poolhigh floorunderground parking
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I stayed in the Sandman Suites on Davie Street for 2 weeks and I really enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and helped with any problem we had. The room was very clean and spacious and it was brilliant to have a washing machine in the room. Moxie's grill is the restaurant attached to the hotel and their food is very reasonably priced and very good.

The location on Davie Street is very central - only 5 minutes walk to the main shops on Robson Street or 5 minutes in the other direction to English Bay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank Jane1981
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Stayed here for a quick getaway. The staff were really nice and helpful, the price was good. It is right in the middle of Davies st, so easy access to amenities/shops, etc. We went to a hockey game, its too far from GM place to walk. I thought the room we stayed in was awful. The carpets in the room were stained and windows/blinds were dirty. Handprints on furniture that should be wiped clean. The rest of the room appeared clean, but I felt like it wasn't from the other issues noted. If you drive there yourself, you enter through the back alley, which I didn't like especially at night. If you taxi there or get dropped off you enter the front lobby area, so you wouldn't see the back area. My husband, didn't mind the hotel, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank narek
Reviewed March 12, 2006

Stayed overnight at the Sandman Suites on Mar 9/06 and loved the room, the view, the location and the staff. Although tiny, the suite had everything, including a washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and stove. Staff were friendly and accomodating, and there is a restaurant on site, with hundreds of other food, coffee and restaurant choices within blocks. I was on the 23 floor and enjoyed spectacular views of English Bay & the North Shore. Would stay again anytime. Also check out the Phresh Spa on the 3rd floor if you get a chance, I enjoyed the best facial of my life there before heading home. Just a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank Shelley738
Reviewed March 10, 2006

Spent 14 nights at The Sandman in Davie Village and could not fault it. Clean, spacious well equipped suite. Magnificent views. All staff pleasant and helpful. In a very handy location, frequent buses into City Centre and down to English Bay. All the shops we needed within striking distance and what must be the best organic market and fresh home bakery in the same block as the hotel. We would make this hotel our first choice when we return to Vancouver.

6  Thank Stegotc
Reviewed February 16, 2006

I really think the other reviews are being very unfair to this hotel. Sure, it's an old hotel that was recently renovated and it isn't a 4- or 5-star, but if you're looking for that go stay at the Westin Grand and pay $200+ a night.

The Sandman Suites on Davie is a steal when you book rooms on their web site (my most recent stay was < $100/night!) It's hard to find anything decent in downtown Vancouver at that price, let alone a suite in a newly renovated hotel. (And parking is 1/2 the price of other hotels, too!)

If you're price conscious, I highly recommend this hotel. If you're not price conscious, choose the Westin Grand or Sheraton Wall Centre.

• Stayed: February 2006