“worst customer service experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street

Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Mill Creek, Washington
“worst customer service experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

i was accidently locked out of my room in the middle of the night. My boyfriend is an incredibly hard sleeper. I tried to call up to the room with no luck. I went to the customer service desk and explained to them what had happened. I also confirmed my name, date of birth, address phone number room number when i purchased the night stay, what credit card i purchased the room with, and what travel site i booked with. The night auditor informed me this was not enough, he said that because my boyfriend was fast asleep in the room they could not help me. I asked to speak to a manager and they informed me i could not.they instead made me sit in the lobby for hours until i could wake my boyfriend. When we went to check out my boyfriend very calmly questioned the way this situation was handled and again were given no kind of apology. I've never been treated so terribly, they treated me as if i was a piece of dirt that didnt matter. I've never been so humiliated and disappointed with a hotel experience in my life. We will absolutly never return we also both have large netwroks of friends and families who love to travel and we will let them know this is one company you should avoid at all costs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank w s
Sameer V, General Manager at Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to apologize for not being granted access to your boyfriend’s hotel room for an unacceptably long time, and can certainly understand your disappointment and frustrations. Dues to the guest privacy act were unable to provide access to a guest room without having shared with names registered upon check in or by a confirmation by the guest any given time.

I am sorry for the troubles you encountered; our policies are in place to protect our guest staying in the hotel and their confidentiality.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a better stay. Please contact me directly at gm_daive@sandman.ca for a special discount on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Decatur, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

it was my first time in vancouver, i was going to see my boyfriend, and he picked the hotel. We had a nice suite on a higher floor. We had a very nice view of the english bay. It was very romantic. we had a full kitchen and other than the elevator, everything was really nice, lots around it to do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We checked-in at Sandman Suites on Davie for 3 nights right before the new year for a friends get together ... the lady at the front desk was kind enough to give us a corner room on 20th floor with spectacular views of DT Vancouver. the building is rather old but has been renovated. the room was spacious.it came with a full kitchen and all the equipment you need so we could cook ourselves.room and toilet was clean and the room service did a good job keeping it that way.the location was perfect so we could reach anywhere in downtown for 7-8$. the hotel has a parking but you have to pay extra for that. totally satisfied with the place. so go for it.

Room Tip: Corner Suits are sunny with beautiful views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here before a tour across Canada. The location was perfect for us. Restaurants, bars and cafes right outside the door. Big spacious suite complete with washer /dryer, fridge, dishwasher and stove. Lovely view from 19th floor. Pleasant walk to river. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul_and_Marnie
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Sandman Suites on Davie for a week this December while in town for work. The lobby is super stylish - much more than expected! The staff are friendly and helpful. I upgraded to the king suite with an ocean view (why not, right?) for $10/night. The balcony was a nice bonus - it was a bit too cold to use it, but there really was a great ocean view. And the mountains! Most days I didn't see it (dark when I left/dark when I got home), but on a rare sunny moment - gorgeous. The kitchen was handy - fridge, stove, microwave, kettle. There was also a combo washer-dryer in the closet. I didn't use it this trip, but that is a nice benefit for longer stays (or clumsy folks like myself who are prone to spilling food :). The bed was okay. The bedroom was the least "updated" part of the suite, but the tv worked and there was a plug near the bed for my phone. The bathroom is small but functional. The shower wasn't super-hot, but I didn't let them know about it so my bad on that (and it may have just been my room). I'd stay there again for a sub-$100 hotel in downtown Vancouver. About a 20-30 minute walk to the skytrain, Starbucks next door, Moxie's restaurant downstairs, lots of options for takeout and a grocery/drug store nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank KaseyR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I enjoyed staying at the hotel. It was a little out of the way from my business downtown, however I still could walk to wherever I needed to go. The room was clean and well equipped and the restaurants on Davie are much more interesting. The WiFi connection was also very quick. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Veggieone
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The apartments were very clean, well maintained, and spacious. The location was superb, right in the heart of Vancouver city. The apartments were self catering, so we didn't have much interaction with staff, however when we did pass a member of staff they always smiled at us. If i ever go back to Vancouver again I would definately stay here.

• Stayed December 2011