1,424 results
All reviews granville island hornby street full size fridge small kitchen free breakfast the breakfast area breakfast staff front desk staff water taxi yogurt laundry room within walking distance would stay here again two queen beds vancouver downtown spacious rooms high floor
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2015

Nice location for the nearby eateries and parks and stores.

Good park garage for the guests.

Room is very large and balcony view is nice.

Also the front desk people are friendly.

I think this location is much nicer than the actual downtown of Vancouver, which is very disturbing during the night. Would stay again.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

Dear zyxlsy,

Thanks for the great information. So glad you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed July 4, 2015 via mobile

My family recently stayed in two adjoining rooms at the Residence Inn in Vancouver. Upon arrival, after 1AM, we were reprimanded for not using our key to open the front door. When I explained to the gentleman that we did not have a key because we were just checking in he responded by telling me "that is not possible." I was made to feel like I was either an idiot or a liar.

Two days later we had an unfortunate situation caused by the elevator. Our attempts to rectify the situation with Myra at the front desk were fruitless. I can honestly say it was the worst treatment I have ever received at any hotel on any continent. She was extremely condescending and rude. Furthermore there was no attempt to find a solution.

It is important to note that my husband has platinum premier status with Marriott. If this is the treatment he receives I shutter to think how the less frequent traveler is treated.

I would recommend the Marriott at Canada Place. The concierge, Craig, was lovely. Personally, I will never come back to this property.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Renee M
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2015

Dear Renee M.,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. This is certainly not the impression or service level for which we are known and to which all our associates strive, and for that I'm truly sorry. Thank you for contacting me directly with these concerns through other channels. I will be addressing them personally.

Reviewed July 3, 2015

Stayed here twice with family on a recent trip before and after taking a cruise out of Vancouver. Our family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) had ample room in a 2 queen bed studio.
In short, this is an excellent hotel that is in the highest tier of Residence Inn properties in terms of location, amenities, furnishings, and staff. We would gladly stay again on a future trip.

Positives:
-- Location is in a convenient neighborhood with many excellent restaurants and good shopping within easy walking distance (full service restaurant in hotel as well)
-- Friendly,cheerful, and helpful front desk staff
-- Furnishings are all sleekly elegant and modern
-- Full size refrigerator with large freezer
-- Dishwasher is very quiet
-- Free breakfast is served with porcelain bowls/plates/mugs and metal utensils and not the disposables used in some of these properties
-- Ample seating for breakfast and staff are very quick to clear vacated spaces
-- Balcony we had during one stay was wonderful, with space for four to sit and eat
-- Free internet
-- Nicely appointed and comfortable lobby with several computer workstations and a gas fireplace
-- Taxi stand and Ho-Ho bus stop directly outside of hotel

Negatives:
-- Limited pantry space in kitchen for dry goods storage
-- Sometimes a lengthy wait for an elevator when one of the three was out of service

Room tip: Balcony was excellent
1  Thank run2sea

Dear run2sea,

What a wonderfully informative review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great information. It's always such a pleasure to hear that our mission has been accomplished! Yours is the first comment we've had about pantry space being limited - I'd appreciate a direct contact at sallemeier@silverbirchhotels.com with your room number.

Reviewed July 2, 2015

My wife, grown daughters, grandson, and I spent just one night here, but we could have spent much longer because of the comfort and service. The rooms were spacious, well appointed, and well maintained. The front desk service was efficient, courteous, and extremely helpful. The complimentary breakfast had a wide variety of hot and cold options with abundant fruit. The location allows the traveller easy access to downtown and Grandville Island, both of which are in walking distance. Truly, a relaxing and refreshing stay!

Dear Roger L -

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our great Front Desk team. I also appreciate the compliment on our breakfast buffet. I do hope that your travel plans include a return to Vancouver for a longer period to enjoy all our hotel and city has to offer!

Reviewed July 1, 2015

We stayed for 1 night while attending a concert at Rogers Arena. We arrived about 11:30 a.m. and they let us check in and park the car early. We got to unload our bags and spend the rest of the day wandering around downtown. The hotel is in a quieter area and is so close to all of the shops and restaurants. It was about a 15 minute walk to the arena. Staff were awesome and our room had 2 queen beds and a great city view. Rooms were spacious,very clean and the robes were a nice touch. Great little kitchen area too. Breakfast was really good. We didn't find the parking bad at all - for $20 to park for 24 hours was a pretty good deal in downtown Vancouver. Would definitely stay here again. Might be pricier than some of the other hotels you could stay at - but it was worth it and it kept the people away who get loud and obnoxious after the concerts.

Room tip: we were on the 12th floor - it was nice and high and the view was great.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2015

Dear TinaLouise_13,

Thanks for writing such a great review! Our location for BC Place and GM Place is so convenient without being in the ''crush" - glad to hear you took advantage of it, and all the other amenities and conveniences in the hotel.