“Excellent walking tour”

Tour Guys Vancouver
Ranked #22 of 191 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Tour Guys are a collective of guides - passionate history junkies, pop culture buffs and dynamic storytellers - who have their finger on the pulse of what makes Vancouver tick. As one of the top rated tourist attractions in both Vancouver and Toronto on the world's most popular travel review site the Tour Guys guide hundreds of people per month on walking tours of their cities. Check out the famous FREE TOURS or explore a bit deeper by booking a private tour.
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

For our first trip to Vancouver we tried a walking tour with the Tour Guys. Our tour was with Alex to Chinatown. She was excellent! She had so much information to share and took the tour at a comfortable pace. We decided to try another tour the next day Downtown to the Convention Center and were not disappointed! Our guide was Marla and she was very knowledgeable and personable. We got to go in several buildings which we enjoyed so much. Thank you Marla and Alex!!

1  Thank Skamom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"humour"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We did the tour of Downtown and Waterfront, which was very nice : it lasted 90 mn, the guide was very funny and interesting and she did everything under the pouring rain !
However, we tried another one in Chinatown, and the guide (another one), stopped us all the way long to comment Cosco's Parking, the names of the districts... and after 1 hour of useless talking we just entered in Chinatown. The explainations were so long that we decided to give up and continue the walking tour by ourselves. It's a shame because we tought it was more Chinatown oriented.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

My husband and I went on a walking tour around Coal Harbour with Ali which had been arranged by our hotel. It was excellent.
Ali was knowledgeable, interesting, entertaining and amusing.
I took the tour on the day that I was due to leave Vancouver. My regret is that I did not do it on the day I arrived. I learned more in 1.5 hours than I had done all day on the hop on hop off bus!
It made me look at, understand and appreciate the city in a different way than I had before. If I am ever lucky enough to return to Vancouver I would not hesitate in booking up a longer tour...so much better than a guide book.

1  Thank tourists_are_us
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Kiel was our tour guide for this walking tour of Downtown Vancouver and Gastown. Although he wasn't a Vancouverite he was knowledgeable about the area and about Canadian culture generally. The tour was a mix of new and old sites, interesting buildings and facts about the city. Timing was good and the tour moved at a good pace, the smaller group size also helped with this.