Ways to Experience Vancouver DeTours
More Info
from $20.97
More Info
1,366 results
All reviews walking tour downtown waterfront great tour waterfront tour free tour free walking our tour guide granville island highly recommend the tour these guys fun facts great introduction marine building gas town hour tour interesting information two hours
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We made the Chinatown Walking Tour in Vancouver and really enjoyed it!
Our tour guide Emma was extremely well informed and knew the area by heart. Additionally she has a great sense of humour which made the tour worthwhile! :)
Highly recommendable!

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been on many free walking tours around the world. We are not locals to the city. We did 2 tours with this company. The downtown walking tour was just OK. My main issue was that there were 87 of us and only one guide (not sure what happened there?). This made moving around downtown Van and actually listening to the guide VERY difficult. I realize this is a free tour, however being a visitor on limited time in the city we couldn't just do another one so we felt stuck on a sub-par tour. From the little bit that I was actually able to hear, the information seemed good. At the end I felt a bit brushed off by our guide. We paid her what I thought was way more than the tour actually deserved (because we're nice Canadians) and she left us feeling like she was in a rush to scoot off which was unfortunate as we had a few questions.

We also did the Granville island tour later on the same day. This one was MUCH better with only about 12-15 people. The guide (Kyle, I think?) went out of his way to provide a very detailed and more intimate feeling tour and we appreciated that - I only wish we had this same experience earlier on!

Overall, I would still suggest to give this company ago but compared to other free walking tours we've done around the world - our experience was just OK.

1  Thank Brandy M
petegas78, Manager at Vancouver DeTours, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Hello and thanks for the feedback. On the day that you visited, we had a rather large unannounced group join us which left us a bit short staffed so apologies for that. We have started having more guides on standby during this busy summer season since this happened. Sometimes it's hard being so popular! Great to hear about your Granville Island experience.

Cheers and safe travels,

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Emma was great as our guide. She was well informed, guided us through huge crowds easily, and most of all entertaining and fun?

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our tour on Granville island with Emma so much, that we joined the downtown tour the next day! Both tours were a lot of fun with a lot of insight and details that we would have missed otherwise! If today weren't our last day in Vancouver, we'd for sure be on another tour tomorrow!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

As a local Greater Vancouverite, I can say that Erik knows more about the City than myself! He was spectacular in giving an entertaining, educational, informative, and humorous tour.

The information Erik gave was accurate from the history of Vancouver to where the best places to eat. I learned a lot about my own City and I am very impressed by how much Erik knows even though he grew up in Ontario.