YWCA Hotel Vancouver
$375
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$344
$314
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$163
Orbitz.com
$465
Hotelpower.com
2,225 results
All reviewsshared bathroomsocial enterpriseprivate bathbc placegreat locationsingle roomrogers arenaroom was cleankitchen facilitiesskytrain stationgreat place to staymini fridgerobson streetbudget hotelwithin walking distancefront desk staffcentral location
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for 8 days with my daughter, we had 3 nights away at Rockies in between (2 days at YWCA then 6 when we came back from tour) and were able to store our luggage for $3 a day each while we were on tour to save us taking it all with us. We had a room with private bathroom and fridge. smallish but nice. Excellent facilities, kitchen, lounges, laundry. Staff friendly and helpful.Nice little coffee shop attached (great muffins) Near to buses and trains. Would definately stay here again

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently took a summer trip up to Vancouver, BC and stayed at the YWCA Hotel Vancouver - can't say enough about this place! Clean, remarkably well appointed for the price, and the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. We stayed in a room with 3 twin beds, which included a mini-washroom (sink, mirror, blowdryer, additional toiletries), spacious closet with extra shelving, television, air conditioning and a mini-fridge. The pictures online don't really do the rooms justice; the bedding was all new and comfy, the room was bright and light and housekeeping came through each day to keep the room extra clean and tidy. We used the shared bathrooms available to guests; there are 2 on each floor and we never had to wait to use one of the bathrooms. The baths have a toilet/sink, and at least one more on each floor has a shower or tub/shower combo. You are free to use any of the vacant baths on any floor, so we roamed around to find our own "favorite" bathrooms. Again, they were all clean, well-lit and well maintained. Not luxurious but definitely superior to the shared baths in hostels or some guest houses.

There is a peaceful and welcoming "living room" in the lobby which shows the local news, has local papers and also has a coffee shop open during the day. This was a quiet place to sit and have a cup of coffee before heading out each day. Because we like to cook, we made use of the kitchens available to guests and ate several of our meals at the hotel. For just $2.50(CA)/day you can rent their kitchen pack which includes table settings for four, a saucepan, a skillet, a serving spoon and a spatula. The kitchens include an oven, microwave, refrigerator, several electric burners and two sinks for washing up after. You can store your food in the refrigerator/freezer (we never had a problem with theft) and there are two grocery stores within easy walking distance (IGA Foods and HMart).

Your stay includes daily access to the YWCA Fitness Center located about 8 blocks away; this was certainly a luxury added-value to our visit! Vancouver has a beautiful YWCA, and we made use of the gym each day. It includes a large swimming pool, jacuzzi, weight room, cardio room, studio class room, and very clean, well-appointed locker rooms (showers, blow dryers, large make-up area, swimsuit water-extractors). Just ask the front desk staff for your daily pass to the gym.

The location couldn't be more perfect; we took the Amtrak up from Portland, Oregon so it was just a relatively short walk from the station to the hotel. If you are traveling with a car, they also have a parking garage available. We rented bikes to tour the city, so for us it was perfect. The hotel staff directed us to several rental bike shops nearby, plus provided us with a map of the city showing all the best bike routes. From our hotel we could easily ride throughout Downtown Vancouver on the city's many bike thruways, bike paths and of course the seawall out to Granville Island and Stanley Park.

If you are a traveler like me looking for a great-priced "home base" to use to explore a city, then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: The hotel is right across the street from BC Place and near the arena, convenient if you are going to a game or concert. Ask for a quiet room if you are concerned about concert noise (there weren't any concerts during our visit). There are rooms with baths in-suite if you don't want to use the shared bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

YWCA was a great choice for staying by myself after friends left after we returned from a cruise. Its in a safe location, clean, walking distance to much. I did a shared hallway bathroom, worked out fine since I never saw anyone else on my floor, we all had different schedules. Definitely recommend for single women.

Room Tip: I did not mind at all doing a shared hall bathroom, as I wasn't there much and never saw anyone on my floor when I was.
2  Thank southerngal12
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was a relatively well~priced hotel/hostel in Vancouver, and I chose to share WC/shower facilities with another room, (for a single overnight stay) so thought the whole might be far less than it was, and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort, spaciousness, cleanliness, decor and so on.

That sums it up really. Everything was faultless and had amenities I wasn't necessarily expecting.

Room Tip: A bit of construction work nearby made leaving the windows open a poor choice, but the double glazing and air conditioning overcame that problem. I just like having windows pen where it's practical to do so. I think any room would be as good as another here... it's the heart of a large city, so some noise can penetrate.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay without getting broke, this is that hotel. I have a chronic back pain problem (neck down to lower back) and never a single morning waking up with sore back, yes their beds are very comfortable. I stayed there over the weekend of July 12-14, 2013 in a single room without TV and shared a bathroom & shower in the hallway. I felt completely safe staying there. Staffs were also very friendly and helpful. They gave me directions to attractions I asked. The location of this hotel is superb. few blocks down from Expo or Canada sky train lines. Easy access to many attractions in downtown. I only spent 30 dollars for transportation the entire time I was in Vancouver (3 day passes). The location is so convenient for me to use public transit to enjoy my vacation there. Thank you YWCA!

1  Thank Suzie Q