“First class all the way!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Omaha, Nebraska
“First class all the way!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

As usual, the Fairmont brand does not disappoint. The staff was friendly and very attentive in all parts of the hotel -- check in, restaurant, housekeeping, room service, etc. The decor is updated and appearance is well maintained. This is a fantastic place to stay as it provides very easy access to the harbor waterfront, Stanley Park, and the cruise ship terminal.

Room Tip: Although the city views are lovely, I would highly recommend requesting a harbor view.
Green Features: Fairmont in general places priority on environmentally-friendly practices. I was pleased to see that this location actually had a recycling bin in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased that each portion of your stay exceeded your expectations. On top of our great location and some truly amazing views, we are thrilled to offer exceptional service. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if your travels bring you back to Vancouver. It would be my pleasure to assist with your plans.
Indu Brar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you cherish peace and quiet, this is not a hotel for you!
It is great for families, people on the go, constant hustle and bustle. On the third floor we stayed at a garden side room, right by the gym and the pool, but these few rooms have their own walk out to the pool their own private patios with small table and chairs. PErfect for families with small children with easy pool access from the back of the room. The garden is cute and smells great. It is nice to be able to have extra space. You sacrifice the view, but gain a different experience. We loved it. Efficient check in, keys were waiting for us at the bell desk. Staff friendly. Clean, a bit dated hotel, but spacious room and comfortable beds. Overall great.....

Room Tip: To select the right room I recommend chatting with the FAirmont hotel representative. Based on your...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to be able to offer Terrace Rooms for our guests who require a bit of extra space. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we can see you again.
Orleans, Ontario
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in late-May for a conference at the Convention Centre across the street and had no issues whatsoever. It is a newer property that is very well-maintained. From early check-in to consistent food quality, elevator service, nice gym, outdoor pool, and a spacious and comfortable room, would happily stay here again if close to meetings etc. for business and/or pleasure. If you are cruising out of Vancouver, this is about as close as you can get for a pre- or post-cruise evening or two.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased that from start to finish, your stay met your expectations. We do our best to provide the best service possible, on top of our excellent location downtown. I hope we can welcome you again!
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was first class in every sense from the beautiful appointed bedroom to the service provided by the Concierge desk. Here we would like to commend Lucas who was perhaps the most helpful person whom we have encountered in any hotel. If there was an area of slight disappointment it was with the Arc Restaurant which perhaps stopped us from giving this hotel an 'excellent' rating. The food was good but no wow factor. Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Room overlooking waterfront would be the first choice.
Green Features: I understand that the hotel is Green Globe certified
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to hear that the service Lucas provided is what really made your stay at The Fairmont Waterfront memorable. I can't wait to share your review with him.
I will also follow up with our Executive Chef concerning the offering in our restaruant.
Paris, France
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights. We cannot recommend the hotel. The location might be beautiful but the housekeeping service is terrible!

When we got our room, the trash can was not cleaned from the previous guest. On top of that, the next morning we had to realize that the blanket was full of stains. Not what you might expect in a first class hotel.

We complained to the manager and hoped that it would be fixed. The trash can was cleaned but the blanket was not changed. When checking out, we complained again and received a 100 Dollar refund (the reason why I give two stars instead of one).

The rooms are quite nice in general but less spacious than I have thought from the pictures I saw. Some rooms have a nice view of the harbor. The location of the hotel is very nice at the harbor with a good public transport connection just on the other side of the street. The design of the hotel is a little bit out-fashioned and signs of usage show the age of the complex.

Because of our experience, we preferred to stay out for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mone_HH
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was not all it could have been. I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper about the issues you experienced and additional internal follow-up will be completed. While I am pleased that some compensation was offered, the situation should never have arisen in the first place. If your travels bring you back to Vancouver, please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com.
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything was first class. Bathrooms were nothing special, but adequate. Staff was more than helpful. Josie in room service was very gracious and helpful. Tung(sp) was very helpful in getting us to our train. I am anxiously looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm especially pleased that it's the service that stands out the most when you remember you vacation. I will share your feedback with Josie and Tung and hope we can welcome you again.
Gneral Manager
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great place for a luxurious stay after an Alaska cruise. Across the street from the docking.
Physically all you could ask for in comfort and cleanliness.
Service was way above expectations.
Close to very cool places in Vancouver.
Jenna saw to it that our 7am flight back to Florida (3:30am wake-up call) was seamless. It was so smooth I didn't need to be awake until I got my coffee at the gate.

Room Tip: Concierge floor worth the money. Harbor view came with fireworks on July 4th(and July 5th).
Green Features: Like so many do in Vancouver, the hotel has multiple roof gardens.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachBob2014
Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold truly is a hotel within a hotel and I'm so pleased the service was exceptional. I hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope we can see you again soon!