“Fairmont VC”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lakeland
“Fairmont VC”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fairmont VC This hotel has a great location if you are going on a cruise. Excellent in every way. Staff was great and helpful. Great location for city tours, shpping, restaurants and city transportation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our excellent location, right in the heart of downtown Vancouver. I hope we can see you again soon!
Indu Brar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at the Fairmont Waterfront! The staff were so friendly and helpful and the Gold Floor has amazing facilities and stunning views! I've stayed at a few top end hotels in Vancouver but the Fairmont is by far the best!! Being handed the key to your room as you step out of the car on arrival is service I haven't received from a hotel before! They also let us use the spa and pool area to relax and shower before our flight even after we had checked out! Would highly recommend this hotel if you want a luxury stay where no small detail is overlooked!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob_London56
Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold truly is a hotel within a hotel, with additional amenities and a private lounge. I will share your compliments with our entire team and hope we can welcome you again soon!
Perth
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Checked in around 14:00 but our room was not ready and they said it would take around 1 to 1.5 hours. Funny thing.. pay an extra $50.00 per night to upgrade to a water view and room was ready immediately, so we did that and the view was lovely.
Location was superb and the room was very nice.
Breakfast was excellent.
Staff were very pleasant

Room Tip: Upgrade to a waterview room for the extra $50.00 per night, close to Gastown.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry that the room type you booked was not ready upon arrival. We guarantee that all guest rooms will be ready at our check-in time of 3 p.m. but we will always do our best to have your room ready upon arrival if we know you will be arriving early.
York
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Location is perfect; walking distance to all the top restaurants, convention center is across the street.

Rooms have been redone and are very modern, clean and comfortable. Keeps the business traveler in mind. (from desk location and design to the TV input options for powerpoint slide reviews from your laptop on the desk, to the single cup keurig machine).

Rooms all have great design and prominently feature a largely glass wall for a window overlooking the water. Depending on where you face, you may get a view of a less than attractive shipyard marring the landscape - not the hotels fault though.

Excellent service from all staff members.

As far as food vendors; you'll see a lot but would highly recommend a breakfast wrap place on the side of the hotel opposite the convention center, and a dim sum truck that will pull up next to the convention center in the afternoon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FreedomFan147
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased to read that the in-room amenities were of such value to you. We do our best to anticipate our guests' needs and I'm so glad we are succeeding. I hope we can welcome you again!
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I Highly recommend this hotel. I had Waterfront view and want a beautiful view. The staff was wonderful in assisting with places to visit and things to do. From the Staff member Mike at the pool, who was very helpful with places to go and do in the city, to the bellhop. Everyone was pleasant and smiling. Restaurant staff was very courteous and friendly in the am.Great location for easy access to tour the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to see that not only did you enjoy the view from your guest room, but also that the service you received from our entire team was so exceptional. I look forward to sharing your compliments with them and hopefully seeing you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Highly Recommend....!
Everything about this hotel was wonderful. The staff gave us great recommendations for dinner, golf & sight seeing information which was right across the street. We also took a cruise, which they loaded our luggage onto the ship for us...!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled your experience at The Fairmont Waterfront was so great! I can't wait to share your feedback with my team. I hope to welcome you again soon!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Checked in on mobile device, said it would confirm early check in with me but it never did. Fortunately the staff did indeed have the room ready for me upon early arrival. Extra requests for the room were ready upon arrival. Woman at front desk was very friendly, engaged in some light conversation that made me feel welcomed. One area for improvement here, however, was that I was surprised no one offered to help me with my bags. I probably would have declined anyhow, but I'm just surprised that this wasn't offered. The woman was very professional and welcoming otherwise and I found her to be of good customer service.

To the elevator, glasses of cool cucumber water waiting for your arrival, excellent!

Up the elevator to the room. Room with a very nice view of the city on the 19th floor. Overall, very clean, minus one long black hair in the bathroom, and unfortunately one black pubic hair near the toilet. One hair inside the glass near the sink which I avoided. Surprisingly the next day housekeeping didn't notice it and left it there. Shower/bath very clean, however much smaller than expected. Basic fairmont room. Kuerig with good selection. Bed was very comfortable.

Off to a music festival. My major criticism is the door persons. Said hello to Asian doorman as I walked past who didn't respond and looked away. Made me feel a bit awkward. On way back, door people stared me down but didn't greet me.

Off to health club, wish there were weights more than 50lbs (I'm a bodybuilder), but not too bad for a small hotel gym. Good workout bench. Sauna was pleasant. Hot tub as well. Pool deck was very nice, with buildings all around with a view. Not overly busy even on a weekend.

Morning, off to breakfast. Servers name was Vivian. Her customer service was excellent and she checked in frequently. Coffee cup never went empty. Price was somewhat on the high side, but quality was good and as a body builder I eat a lot! Buffet recommended. Good work Vivian.

Out the door to some shopping. I am a presidents club member which gets you free internet and allegedly BMW service within area. I've done about 6 or 7 stays with Fairmont hotels in the past but am new to the PC. I had done a lot of walking and was quite tired so inquired to concierge about BMW service, she said that I just need to ask door people/bellmen out front. Asked directions to local street and if it was ok to get BMW (very sore calves) ride. Australian/Kiwi doorman "we're pretty busy at the moment but I can certainly ask". A satisfactory answer but the body language that went along with that implied that I was a bit of an annoyance and to just go away. He asked the head doorman who I had spoke with earlier, and it was declined by saying "yeah.... yeah... " while shaking head "no!" (maybe say no instead of yeah if answer is no next time?). No apology or recommendation to come back later was made. Seemed like my presence was inconveniencing them so I didn't bother talking to the door people anymore. They seemed like they may have been understaffed, or at least asking like it. Time was around 11 AM, so this wasn't even during check in which is at 3.

Returned later from shopping, no greeting from door people again.

Off to see some friends in the city. Returned later that night, another Asian door person stared me down but didn't smile or say hello. I was beginning to wish there was a back entrance to the hotel so I didn't have to keep going through this awkward experience of feeling unwelcomed at the door.
So far I had entered and exited at least 6-10 time and wasn't greeted once. Was happier if they would just be indifferent rather than stare me down, which was super awkward.

Talked to concierge lady. Can't remember her name, got an umbrella to borrow. She was very pleasant and have nothing but positive things to say there.

Back to room. Apart from the glass with long hair in it, room was very subtly cleaned and I hardly noticed anyone was there (in a good way) and everything was restocked. I had used colombian coffee and natural sugar day before and noticed that they noticed this and gave me extra. Good work!

Sleep was awesome, comfy, quiet. No noise in halls.

Earwig running around in bathroom at night, killed it. Some things are just too hard to catch by staff, funny how it made its way up to the 19th floor somehow.

Check out was on mobile device, easy and quick. Appreciated.

Overall a pleasant stay apart from the door people. I can live with a pubic hair on the floor or a glass that I won't use, but the customer service from door people is super important, as they are the first people you see and they set the tone for the rest of your stay. I'd recommend some re-training for these staff members, they didn't seem up to Fairmont standards.

I was attending the city mainly for a funeral on the Monday so it would have been nice to have had a little bit better service from the staff outside. But I have no complaints from the staff that worked indoors.

Room Tip: I liked the room on 19th floor. Prob want to stay away from elevators and ice rooms for less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your detailed review. I'm very pleased that the majority of your stay was exceptional. I am disappointed to read of the service deficiencies you experienced and will be following up internally to ensure all our guests are receiving the exemplary service we strive to provide. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if your travels bring you back to Vancouver; I would be pleased to assist with your plans.