“Waterfront”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Waterfront”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great hotel, staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions we had about the area. We were able to get to a lot of the places in vancouver just by walking from the hotel and having the option to ride bicycles.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. We're so lucky to be right in the heart of Downtown Vancouver and pleased to be able to offer our guests complimentary use of our hotel bicycles. There's nothing quite like a ride along the seawall on a beautiful day. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Indu Brar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have always loved Fairmont hotels and the Waterfront doesnt dissapoint. The newly renovated rooms were gorgeous and spacious. We had a view of the waterfront and it was absolutely lovely.

The staff right from the door staff, front desk, room service, housekeeping were always super pleasant and helped us when we needed anything.

The concierge also sorted us last minute tickets to a Canucks game.

Location of the hotel is amazing . . .just blocks away from Gastown which is home to trendy restraunts and shopping. The mall is nearby as well.

We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Knowing what exceptional service you received absolutely made my day. I'm so pleased we were able to provide an amazing experience for you and I can't wait to share your compliments with my team. I look forward to welcoming you again!
Denver
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I attended a conference at the convention center and stayed for 4 nights. The location was great, only a block away from the convention center. The lobby was nice, and the rooms were nice but nothing special. Bathroom pretty standard as well. Everything was very clean. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm so pleased that the service you received was to our usual high standards. I am also happy to let you know that we have completed renovations on the majority of our guest rooms with the remaining rooms being completed at the end of the year. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when you return to ensure your guest room is suitable to your needs.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Fairmont Waterfront, Vancouver. The new "Gold Level" floors have renovated rooms (well appointed) and a fantastic concierge lounge. They have access to a private deck overlooking the harbor with great views. The personal service was excellent. Special thanks to Cathol for taking care of our reservations and suggestions for restaurants. Everything was perfect. Nice job!

Room Tip: The gold level rooms are excellent - great view, quiet, comfy beds, iPod docks, nice bath.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I can't wait to tell Cathal how appreciated his service was! We're so happy to be able to offer our Fairmont Gold guests a private lounge and patio; it's an amazing retreat with fantastic views. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!
Sydney
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The beautiful Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver offers value for money comfort and a cloud to sleep on each night. Very fresh and clean, great laid back Canadian service - efficient, helpful but non intrusive. The free bikes were a highlight for me, so comfortable and so easy to ride.

Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to be able to offer our signature "Fairmont bed" whichI'm sure is a big part of why you slept so well! We're also happy to provide complimentary bikes for our Fairmont President's Club and Fairmont Gold guests; the ride along the Seawall is something everyone should have a chance to experience. Thank you so much for your review; I hope we can welcome you again!
Travellee3
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had booked my father and I in a gold suite for one night after leaving a cruise. The location is excellent and they had our keys waiting for us when we arrived. I had paid for the early arrival feature and it was worth it. We enjoyed that suite for the day. Unfortunately it was located next to a larger suite that was obviously being used for a party. It started around 4:30pm and by 9:00pm it was worse and more people were arriving. They had already been asked to quiet down by the person in the other room bordering theirs but to no avail. I called the concierge who was amazing. She not only came up and asked them to be quiet but moved us. And as they didn't have another suite like ours, we were moved to a double room on the Gold floor and she changed the rate to that lesser room. It didn't have the view but by then, all we wanted was quiet and it was perfect. We also enjoyed the Gold Lounge immensely and the food and service there was stellar. My dad likes to chat and every person there was so kind to him and patient. It was a perfect ending of our great trip and while there was that hiccup, it was handled so nicely and efficiently that it wasn't a hiccup at all but just a change. I tell you this is the place to stay. I have stayed at the Pan Pacific and it wasn't nearly as nice as the Fairmont Waterfront.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are amazing but if you can't afford that, get a higher level room to see the c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting your wonderful review. I can't wait to share your comments with our Fairmont Gold and Concierge teams. While I'm sorry that there was any frustration during your stay, I'm very pleased that it was handled quickly and efficiently. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Central, Comfortable, Convenience, Service -- what more could you want from a hotel?

I was born and raised in Vancouver and live but a short ferry ride away. I use that 'distant proximity' as an excuse to enjoy the Waterfront as often as I can.

Vancouver offers many excellent hotels, but few offer as many conveniences as the Waterfront. Close to the ocean, a view of the mountains and a few minutes walk or bike ride to the forests of Stanley Park.

The newly renovated restaurant belies the myth that hotel restaurants are the place of last resort. I have never had less than a superb meal. And the breakfast buffet is wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm absolutely thrilled that ARC, our newly renovated restuarant, made such a positive impression. Our Food & Beverage team has worked incredibly hard to provide a world-class experience for our guests and they will be so pleased to hear they've succeeded. I look forward to sharing all of your positive comments with my team and welcoming you again soon!