“Great hotel and location”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here for 4 days on the Gold floor and it was a wonderful experience. The food offerings and the kind personnel were a great addition to our trip. The location is right next to the convention center and it also is very close to the light rail and walkable restaurants nearby. The room was very quiet and we had a harbour view as well. The only downside, was that the bathroom could have been larger in size. It had a full rain shower which was wonderful but the counter space was tight for 2 people. A good choice for Vancouver. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Our team on Fairmont Gold will be so pleased to know what an amazing experience you had. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them and welcoming you again soon!
Indu Brar

Write a ReviewReviews (3,528)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed at Fairmont Waterfront for an annual conference numerous times now, & have found the stay wonderful each time. The views of the harbour front at night are gorgeous (glimmer of lights across the water so beautiful) and some of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in ! Terrific service, great hotel, beautiful location.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially our amazing Fairmont mattresses. I look forward to welcoming you again!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times just because it's conveniently located across from the convention centre.
The updated rooms are nice but nothing special and very expensive. And the quilt looked lumpy like it hadn't dried properly.

We had only been in our room a few hours when a staff member entered without knocking.
She wanted to do an inventory of the mini-bar and asked us when we were checking out.
Very unprofessional.

That evening when taking a shower, the shower handle fell off. Not what I expect for the price I paid. This issue was resolved the same day.

One more thing, the maid did not replace our tea which we used up. When we asked her for some more she behaved as if she was paying for the tea personally.

On a positive note, the reception staff & the concierges were excellent.

Dear Guest,
While I am pleased the you experienced our usual high level of service from our Front Desk and Concierge teams, I was incredibly disappointed to read of the deficiencies you encountered during the course of your visit. I will follow up with my team to ensure these are rectified. I invite you to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Make no mistake this is a luxury hotel experience. The sleeping rooms - especially the renovated rooms - are gorgeous. The bathrooms are an experience in and of themselves. I was lucky enough to have a corner king that provided lush views of the waterfront and city. Admittedly the locations provides no bad views of Vancouver.

But what sets this hotel apart is the level of service. Simply indescribable. From room amenities, housekeeping, room service, front desk, concierge and especially the convention/meeting staff, this property excels at service orientation. I was attending a meeting where all of the attendees gushed about the food. They had so many options - vegan, gluten-free - for every palate and the selections were so delicious. The hotel has a rooftop garden that provides honey, herbs and other ingredients that demonstrates the level of sophistication and investment that the staff must put into the menu. Room service food options were tasty but pricey. I had a chicken wrap and treated myself with raspberry cheesecake that was dynamite.

This is a busy "convention" hotel so prepare yourself for disruptions. The small bank of elevators is a big problem if you're running up to your room. We were in town at the same time as a cheerleading event and it was torture waiting in a long line to get to the elevator. Many folks waited a half hour for an elevator up and another half hour for an elevator down. The lobby is always busy with lots of action at all hours. My room overlooked the pool which was busy until midnight but room service was quick to offer ear plugs when I called to inquire.

Overall a lovely experience but don't expect a quiet boutique getaway.

Room Tip: Request any of the corner kings

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to read that the amenities we offer are to your liking; however, I was thrilled to know that it's the service we offer that truly made your experience so exceptional. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Harbour views were awesome. Excellent downtown location and close to Gastown and many other shopping venues. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest, I really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was thrilled to read your comments and that you enjoyed your stay - I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with the entire team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Staff Great! Room Big Beautiful & Clean. Highly recommend the Gold Floor. Food was amazing....I come from years and years of hotel employment and schooling and I cannot wait to go back - great location for downtown events and shopping too! Thanks staff! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review. It isn’t everyday that someone calls you ‘amazing’ and I'm so pleased the service you received, especially from our Fairmont Gold team, was so exceptional. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon! Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great location in the city centre. Fabulous view across the water towards the industrial waterfront, lots going on in the view: helicopter's taking off, sea planes, ferries, with snow capped mountains in the distance. Perfect. Huge contemporary rooms, well furnished, plenty of storage, gorgeous bathroom, clean, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront – it is very much appreciated. There is always so much going on in the harbour and I was thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy our views. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager