Just spent four nights at this hotel. We were upgraded to a Gold room which was very nice. The weather was not so good so we ended up spending much more time in the hotel than we are used to.
The service was very good. There was always someone to look after our needs. I would particularly mention the young man working in the pool area over the weekend.
The lounge and dining room opened the day we arrived. It is obviously still not finished. We were not wowed by the decor, but the drinks were nice as was the service. We did not eat there so I cannot comment on that.
Because we were in a gold room we had access to the gold lounge which was very nice. We had breakfast there each morning and even stopped by for some appetizers before we went out to the wine festival at the conference centre. Again, service was top notch.
The room was large and comfortable. We got turn down service every night, bath robes and slippers were supplied as well as nice toiletries. The bathroom had a large glass shower and a TV in the mirror, which I enjoyed. If I could change anything it would be to pipe the sound of the TV into the shower so I could listen as well as watch.
The hotel is in a nice location with good access to the park, Gastown and the convention centre. This was our first visit as a couple since 2002. Last year we were at the Pacific Rim, which is also a beautiful hotel and I would have no hesitation recommending either of them. In fact we had a discussion about which one we preferred and did not come to a resolution.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver