3,743 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalconvention centerpresidents cluboutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffgas townalaskan cruisegrouse mountain
Reviewed December 2, 2013

An excellent, prestige hotel on the Vancouver waterfront. Even if your business takes you a ten or twenty minute walk away from the waterfront, stay here. It's in a walkable area and is close to the Waterfront Skytrain station. Excellent staff and very good food and beverage.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are incredibly lucky to be so close to so much of Downtown Vancouver, including historic Gastown and Stanley Park. And with the Waterfront Skytrain right below the hotel, getting around the rest of Vancouver is easy! Please let me know when you return. You are welcome to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com. Warm Regards, Indu Brar, General Manager.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am a Fairmont President's Club member and belong to several other chain loyalty programs as well. I have logged more nights in hotels than I care to remember and it takes a lot to impress me... but impress me they did! In this case I was travelling with 2 girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. We chose the Waterfront for the stunning location. Our room was lovely- newly decorated and every luxurious amenity provided for 3 women. We had a stunning view of the water and mountains. Sumptuous beds and pillows. Fabulous shower! From the minute of our arrival, the bell staff were caring, helpful with directions, valet parking, suggestions and ferrying us in the hotel's BMW to restaurants and shops. The food was to die for... had lovely breakfasts in Heron's and was served WARM toast with the perfectly poached eggs. A rarity in my experience. One friend had their blueberry pancakes and swears they are the best she's ever eaten. In the lounge, we thoroughly enjoyed an amazing dungeoness crab BLT on focaccia ... fresh crab was definitely the star not a footnote. Three women, all fabulous cooks and well travelled, all loved every bite of food we experienced. I could go on about the staff, the food, the service but the entire experience of 3 days and 2 nights was topped off when less than 5 or 6 minutes after I called the concierge to ask a question, there was a knock at the door of our room. Delivered to me, a pot of piping hot tea with lemon and the chefs homegrown Waterfront Hotel honey. I had laryngitis and could barely whisper, so the concierge took it upon herself to have it sent up to me ... I was blown away. All around a truly lovely place to stay with staff who genuinely treat you like you are the only visitor they have . Quite a rarity.

Room Tip: Book a water view room... stunning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest, While I am so pleased your enjoyed your guest room and amenities, what makes me truly proud is the spectacular service you received, most notably from our Bellmen, the Kitchen, and our Concierge. We do our utmost to turn even the smallest moments into lasting memories and it sounds as though our team accomplished that. I hope we can welcome you again!
Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed for two nights! Felt at home as soon as we arrived. We had upgraded, which if you have chance, just do it - it is well worth it! We had our own check-in, our names were used even down to the housekeep staff. the room was fabulous, the TV in the bathroom mirror was quite the hit! All and all I cannot talk enough about the property. Thank you to you and the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, It sounds as though you had a chance to experience Fairmont Gold! It is truly a hotel within a hotel and I'm so glad the service and extra amenities you received made your stay truly spectacular. I look forward to welcome you again!
Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Hotel is located next to the Gastown area and is well sited for the Waterfront Skytrain/Seabus station.

The staff are courteous and polite, the room was clean and comfortable. The best mattress we've ever experienced in a hotel.

Only bad point is that standard rooms have to pay for wifi. When trying to research attractions and events, free wifi would be very useful.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to read your review. We are very lucky to be able to offer so many activities and sites right outside our doors. I'm also absolutely thrilled to read that the service our colleagues offered was so excellent. Please also note that we offer complimentary Internet to our Fairmont President's Club guests, a loyalty program that is free to join on our website or at any Fairmont Hotel or Resort. If you visit Vancouver again, please feel free to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights. The service from this hotel was exceptional. The staff was very nice. The view from the room was amazing and, as the name suggests, I had a beautiful view of the water and mountains. The room was updated and modern. The living room/bedroom area was combined. The furniture was comfortable and the bed was pretty good. The heating worked well. This was one of the few times I stayed at a hotel and actually needed the heat, but that's November in Vancouver for you. The bathroom was also updated and I liked that shower. I didn't watch much TV but it seemed like they had a good selection of channels and the Wi-Fi speed was decent. The location is amazing. Walking distance to Stanley Park and various restaurants and shops. My biggest complaint was the sound. There was a family checking out from the room across from mine on the morning after my first night and the kids were going in and out of that room. Didn't complain, but I could hear them pretty well. On the morning I was checking out an alarm was going off. I got out of the shower and started getting dressed until someone came on and said that the alarm was being investigated and to stay in the hotel. The alarm continued for a while. This probably wasn't the hotel's fault but it was still annoying nevertheless. Overall it's a very nice hotel. I really like the connecting restaurants that you can access from the hotel. It has a great location downtown and great views. The rooms are modern and they have a great, friendly staff. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Josh B
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm very glad you enjoued your stay, especially the service our Colleagues offered. It sounds as though you experienced one of our newly renovated Deluxe Harbour View Rooms, as well! I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced with the fire alarm - while there was no emergency, we investigate all alarms thoroughly to ensure the safety and security of our guests. Thank you again for your review; I hope we can see you again soon! Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager.