We stayed in this hotel for a single night, prior to a seven day cruise and then again, for a further four nights later. We arrived by Sky Train from the airport, a great cheap method of travel and were immediately given an upgrade to a harbour view room. This was on the 14th floor and had a great view of the waterfront, with the ships coming and going and also the floatplanes. The room was excellent, with good furnishings and a very comfortable bed. We ate breakfast in the hotel the next morning and here I have the one and only criticism. In an establishment of this quality and given the cost, I do not appreciate having to queue and wait for a table! The restaurant is clearly not large enough to cope with the numbers of guests. The breakfast was very nice but as expected, rather expensive. We left the following day, the cruise terminal just being across the road from the hotel.
When we returned to Vancouver, we weren't given an upgrade, the receptionist stating that, whilst they gave us it for one night, they wouldn't give it for four! We could of course pay. We decided to look at the room allocated, which was on the 19th floor. It was absolutely fine. It was much larger than the upgrade and although the view wasn't across the harbour, it was across the Vancouver skyline. It was again, very well furnished with a large tv and coffee/tea making facilities. The bathroom was excellent. Lovely towels, toiletries and bathrobes.
This hotel appears to be regularly used by people on cruises. As such, it seems to have a rapid turnover of guests and is therefore busy. It is in a great location, right on the waterfront. It is ideal for cruisers and for anyone wishing to get transport to attractions, such as Capilano, Grouse Mountain etc., as the buses are virtually outside. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver