I have visited Vancouver once every year for the last 20 years and stayed at numerous hotels.
In fact the first time I was in Vancouver was in 1963 at a time when Vancouver was vastly different from today.
Anyway this time I decided to stay at the Fairmont Waterfront, which is a hotel which is very well located if you wish to browse around Gas Town. However if you wish to go to the other end like Granville Island ist is quite a walk and short but nice ferry ride.
I was pleasantly surprised abot the quality and my harbour view. The reception was upstair for gold guests and the staff was extremely friendly. A great lounge and a very nice outdoor swimmingpool added to the comfort of the hotel. It was a place where I did feel at home.
With so many restaurants in Vancouver with food from all parts of the world dinner at the hotel does not seem the right thing to do if your tastebuds crave something different.
All in all a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver