Fairmont Waterfront
$195
Sandman Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$288
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$225
$210
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$263
$209
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$286
$265
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
3,565 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel in Vancouver. Everything about this hotel was superior. We were upgraded to a harborview room on the nineteenth floor. Beautiful, we are from central Alberta so the water was a wonderful change from the snowdrifts in our yard at home. The staff at the hotel were terrific, very efficient and so friendly and helpful. They seemed to know what we needed before we had the chance to ask. We ate at the restaurant twice, both meals were served with style and smiles. The food was excellent. We ordered room service as well and the meal was hot, well presented and the table set up beautifully. We used the bikes one morning and enjoyed our tour around Stanley Park. I required a wheelchair during our stay and the hotel graciously found one for me. We will definitely be back to enjoy British Columbia hospitality.

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a waterfront room if it is available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lms973
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to use the complimentary hotel bikes – I truly believe that the ride around the seawall and Stanley Park is a Vancouver must. I was however very concerned to read that you required a wheelchair during your stay and I do hope that you have recovered from your injury. Thank you again for your kind words and if I can ever be of ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed with my daughter Mar 23 and 24. Upgraded to a harbourview room 16 floor. Just gorgeous. Disappointed that the health club was under a reno. We had a candlelite meal during Earth Hour and it was excellent, as were our servers. The room was very comfortable. There are bikes for the asking by the front door, although they were gone when we wanted them. Check-in/out and any needs we had were taken care of with a smile.. The service was top-notch, as it should be for a property like this. Close to all downtown attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Argofan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I travel to Vancouver once or twice a year for conferences. In the past we have always stayed at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver on West Georgia and have always been very pleased. This time, however, the conference was at the Fairmont Waterfront. This hotel is every bit as nice as the Hotel Vancouver, although for different reasons. I'll focus on the Waterfront hotel but also make some comparisons with the Hotel Vancouver.

What we enjoyed most about the Fairmont Waterfront was its location. Walk out the front door and there is easy access to the paved path that runs through to Coal Harbour and in to Stanley Park. This hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the main downtown area, yet within easy walking distance to it (about 4 blocks).

The room furnishings are rather sparse and minimalist compared to the rooms at the Hotel Vancouver. We stayed on the Gold Floor (non-smoking) at both hotels. The service at the Fairmont Waterfront is what one can expect from all Fairmont hotels and resorts--top notch and thoroughly professional. Our room at the Waterfront had a great view of the harbour. Views from the Hotel Vancouver's Gold floor rooms are of the cityscape.

We preferred the Waterfront hotel for its location. However, in my mind, nothing can beat the old-world charm and opulence of the Hotel Vancouver on West Georgia.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveller181773

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed our waterfront location and our great harbour-views. You may be interested to know that we have just completed an ambitious $2 million renovation of our Fairmont Gold floors, and I am very excited with the new modern upscale design and amenities. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront to experience our new product - I am confident that you will enjoy it. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warmest regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked a getaway for myself and my wife, and chose this hotel based solely on the location.

I was not informed prior to check in that any construction or renovations would be conducted.
Further, since we had a late night out, we asked for a delayed check out time.
This was denied. I spoke directly with the manager upon checkout to voice my concerns, and none were heard.

The rooms themselves are very dated. Water view, but not on the water.
Hotel appears as 5 star, but shows more as a 3.

Vancouver is an expensive city to visit. There are some much better hotels.
I would not stay here or recommend it.
Having stayed at several Four Seasons resorts, and the Westin Grand, Pacific Palisades, and Sutton Hotels (in Vancouver) I feel qualified to suggest that this hotel is over-charging its guests for the value they receive.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Choose another such as Pacific Rim, next door. Both have good access to Waterfront including transit to Airport, etc. Have heard the other Fairmont is more modern, quieter, and apparently where visiting hockey teams stay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FanTanAlley

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience with us at The Fairmont Waterfront. Guest feedback is very important to us as we continuously review our practices to ensure we offer our guests consistent quality services. Though we are very excited with our fantastic new product and made every effort to minimize the impact of our renovations on our guests, I understand your frustration over these circumstances; please know that I truly regret that you were inconvenienced during your stay and sincerely apologize for your disappointment. I was also very concerned to read of the difficulties that you experienced upon checkout, this is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay with you further, please contact Krista Thomas, our Front Office Manager at 604-691-1835 or by email at krista.thomas@fairmont.com at your earliest convenience. Despite your recent experience, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust in us. If ever I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hotel is techically not on the water however across the street. It is sited across from the new waterfront conference Centre and the Pan Pacific Hotel. It's views and ease of access to the core of downtown makes it an excellent choice. You can stay in the tall tower with commanding views, or stay on the lower floors closer to the outdoor patio pool. The latter looks onto the harbour wherein you can watch the seaplanes landing, cruise ships departing and general swirl of downtown Vancouver. Room service food is quite good, albeit a tad pricey but given the location a good fall back position if tired from traveling. Staff are helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you want a panoramic view ask for a top floor, otherwise lower rooms are lovely and you can take in Vancouver by being out and about. You are within walking distance of anything you may wish to see in the downtown core.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business