“Great hotel.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Halifax, Canada
“Great hotel.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great location just across from the Convention Centre and very comfortable with a great restaurant. Lives up to the standards set by the Fairmont Hotel Chain. Pricey - but, well, someone else was paying... what can I say? :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Fairmont Waterfront was very inviting and modern. We were upgraded to a great room with the best view of the harbour. Friendly staff. Had a mix up with mini bar charges and staff took care of it right away. It is also in a great location if your are a tourist to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Fairmont President's Club for free on Fairmont's website. You will have a go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kelowna
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to the Fairmont Waterfront in January and this was much more than I expected. From the moment I arrived, it was a pleasure to stay at the hotel. The doormen were courteous, the front desk staff were delightful and my room was large with a beautiful view of the harbour area.

The beds were comfortable and although the weather outside was damp, it was still a fabulous view.

I went downstairs to the bar. I am sorry I did not get the waiters name but he was extremely attentive but not annoying... very good service and a nice smile.

I went to the pool as friends told me it was a nice area. The pool was not huge but adequate. The whirlpool, in a separate room was large and a good temperature. All very clean.

Unfortunately, I didn't sample the food as I ate at the Trade & Convention Centre.. which had some of the best prime rib I have ever tasted.

As a business trip, this hotel excels. It is expensive but worth the money.

I decided to do a little walk about and take some photographs. During the week I strongly recommend going to the Marine Building close by and checking out the foyer. There is a gentleman there who will even give you a guided tour of the lobby area because it is visited often. It is a building from the early 30's and was once the tallest in the British Empire. The woodwork and lobby was breathtaking and if you go up one floor in the inlaid elevators, you get to a viewing area of the ceiling... spectacular and unique.

In addition, I walked along the Hastings and looked up... great older rooflines to photograph. Then if you go in the train station and look up, there are lovely paintings around the upper walls. This is a free way of exploring Vancouver and extremely interesting to see the old buildings with the new. Something that Vancouver pulls off very well. If you have time, keep walking to Gas Town... always a favourite with tourists but I believe taking about an hour at the Marine Building is a highlight.

I would say this hotel was the finest I have stayed at across Canada so far.

Room Tip: Phone and ask for a room high up and with a view of the harbour, on the right side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind and very informative review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you had a great stay with us and I truly enjoyed your images of the city. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to beautiful Vancouver and if ever I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hotel ticks all of the boxes - clean, modern, well located and not too expensive. Very comfortable bedrooms with all of the facilities that you will need. Good bar and a very good breakfast. Certainly the best hotel I have stayed at in Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront, your kind words are very much appreciated. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently went downtown for a night out with friends but didn't want to drive home - we live 50 minutes away- decided to check the fairmont and it was just as expensive as a taxi home - we stayed in a beautiful room - had a great night out- slept in -got a late check out and watched movies all the next day - I love Vanvouver thank you Fairmont !!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest, Thank for your TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us – sounds like a perfect end of a weekend! It is always great to hear from our ‘local’ guests and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back on your next mini-getaway. Warmest regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We always stay here when we come to Vancouver, We love it. The service is great, the rooms are beautiful, the location is great so close to everything. The Fairmont Waterfront is close to historic Gas Town and beautiful Stanley Park and also within walking distance of Robson and Granville Street, where you can do all your shopping. If you have a lot of energy you can start your day with a walk along the sea wall or cut thru half way, and then take a water taxi to Granville Island. Anyway its a great place to stay when your in Vancouver oh also you get great views of the city from the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Vancouver and I do agree that it is hard to beat our location! Do let me know when you are next with us as I regularly take guests for a morning run along the seawall and would love if you could join me. If you are not a runner, another great way to get around is to borrow the complimentary hotel bikes, they are great for the seawall and Stanley Park. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Toronto
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront while in Vancouver for business. I usually stay at the Pacific Rim next door but it was full that time. I was worried that this hotel would be older and less comfortable but I was wrong. The Waterfront is as good. The room was very comfortable, fantastic bed and linens, great service, windows open. Lobby area is also very good and the restaurant has a great lunch buffet. Staff and service was outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bellamuffin
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very committed to offering a fresh product to our guests and you may be interested to know that we are currently undergoing renovations (completed in April) that will see an exciting modern upscale look to several floors of our guest rooms. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we are able to entice you back again on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager