“Staff & Service Top Notch !!!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Staff & Service Top Notch !!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the moment you arrive the service starts, valet / check-in and up to your room quick and effeciant. Our room was unbelievale, we were upgraded to a suite ( big thanks to Ian & Robert ) we were hosting my wife birthday and they had everything set up with plenty of glasses, champagne, ice, etc. Many of our friends and family members were staying at the hotel and were blown away by the service, if you need something you just ask and they will do there best to get it for you. Location is great, and what great views from your rooms how do you beat looking at the water and mountains spectacular.
You won't be disapointed staying at this hotel, we know we'll keep going back

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stay at the Fairmont Waterfront at 4 - 5 times a year - it is definitely my preferred hotel in Vancouver. The service from the staff is unparalleled; I have never had a bad experience in the hotel. The food at Heron's is great - I host many meetings there. The location of the hotel is excellent, I can walk to virtually all of my meetings and it's central for shopping as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for Trip Advisor, I was thrilled to read that we are your preferred hotel in Vancouver. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had two stays within a couple of weeks. The first was on the 14th floor, and was very disappointing, especially since I had paid extra for an "upgrade"... for a small room with an outdated bathroom and a view of the street. Not sure what I paid extra for and when I commented on it at check-out I received no response. Would have given it 3 stars based on that visit.
But things were much improved on the second visit. This time my room was on the 23rd floor with a spectacular view. The layout of the room was much better, with a larger bathroom. I am surprised though that they still don't have soaker tubs.
Compared to all the other Fairmonts I have stayed at, the service is lukewarm at best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for completing a review of your recent stays with us on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to read that you were disappointed with your guestroom during your first stay, you may be interested to know that we are currently undergoing exciting renovations of several floors of the hotel that will in fact include revamped bathrooms. I would like to apologize that you did not get an adequate response to your question upon checkout, please know this is not the level of service we strive to provide and I will be following up with the front desk team directly. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont Waterfront, I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com and I will take care of the details personally and ensure you experience the memorable stay that we are known for. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
White Rock
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We decided to be tourists in our own town and to stay at the Fairmont Waterfront. We liked its ambience over its newer sister, the Pacific Rim. A little homier and less minimalist. Everything was great: location, service, friendly staff. For example, we needed some extra cutlery and it arrived within 10 minutes. Beds are great. And even on New Year's Eve, there was additional staff and our floor was quiet.

The one suggestion we have is that the room could use an additional comfortable chair or settee especially if you want to watch a movie. Also, we thought that $16.49 for a recent movie, in the room, was excessive.

We would stay there again and it's great to see Gastown coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would like to thank your recent Trip Advisor review and for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont Waterfront during your recent ‘staycation’ - I too am excited by the revitalized Gastown scene. I truly appreciate your comments with regards to movie rentals and guestroom seating and will be sure to share your feedback with the team at our next operations meeting. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, I hope to welcome you back on your next weekend get away! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our room at the Fairmont Waterfront was fantastic- we stayed over New Years so it was the perfect location for restaurants and sightseeing around Gastown. The hotel was very clean and well maintained, housekeeping was excellent and room service attentive, the concierges were great, particularly Brent . Our breakfasts were fine and thankfully included in our package. I certainly wouldn't pay $20 for their continental breakfast if it wasn't included. We weren't allowed to choose our own bakery assortment and were strictly told by the staff we were to tell them what we wanted and they would get it for us rather than us selecting ourselves, it seemed a little ridiculous.... Like they thought we were going to steal an extra piece of toast!
When we checked out, we were charged for every breakfast and were charged $6 for 2 champagne glasses delivered to us on New Year's Eve. The charges were reversed when we queried them but not without arguing our case with the woman on reception who you would have thought was personally compensating the charges from her own salary. It was unnecessary and left a bad taste in our mouth. Not sure we would stay at the Fairmont again because of the front desk staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am disappointed to read your review and learn of the issues experienced while staying with us. This is certainly not the service or lastly impression we wish to provide our guests and I apologize profusely for your experience. We would love to speak with you further regarding your stay and I will review your comments with our team here as your comments certainly identify the need for improvement. Please contact Robert Sedore, our Director of Operations at 604-691-1819 or by email at robert.sedore@fairmont.com or do not hesitate to contact me directly at ian.pullan@fairmont.com as your feedback is greatly appreciated. Given the circumstances, I am very pleased to hear that you found your guest room to be lovely and clean. As well, it is nice to see you truly appreciated our treasured hotel location. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Room on the 21st floor -- high up, quiet, and out of the way exactly as requested. Well appointed, nice view, spacious. Concierge, desk, and bar service were all great. My only complaint is that the business center (like other Fairmonts) requires you to swipe a credit card in a reader to use a computer. Don't mind being charged a few bucks, but feel like I'm signing up for theft swiping my card at a semi-public terminal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room was nice, updated. The floor to ceiling windows provide a gorgeous night time view of the downtown area. Great shopping nearby. A bit strange that wifi is not included at that price when most holiday inn, ramada etc provides wifi for free.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront, I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. You may be interested to know that among other benefits, high-speed internet is complimentary for all members of the Fairmont President’s Club and that membership in FPC is also complimentary. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Vancouver, I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future! Kind regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager