“Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed there for my birthday and when we returned from dinner there was a nice dessert plate in our room with a birthday card. The hotel drove us in their comfortable BMW to the restaurant which was not just around the corner. Very nice room, I enjoy staying at Fairmont hotels because of the service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berit K
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I am so glad we were able to be a small part of what I hope was a very joyous birthday celebration. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights at the end of Nov. 2012.
I did not use the reception staff as I had pre checked in and when my taxi pulls up, the Bellman has my key ready for me and greets me by name. That was a first for me. Amazing. The bellman staff and concierge were friendly and courteous.
The room was 4.5 star, spacious, tidy and modern with all the comforts of a 5 star hotel. Floor to ceiling window. I had paid slightly extra for a Deluxe room with harbor view but got an obstructed view of the harbor and mountains due to the skyscraper of the pan pacific hotel in front of my room. Apparently I needed to ask for a Stanley park views at no extra cost. I was not told that at reservation.
Bathroom was 4 star as it lacked a separate shower which I prefer however it was clean and functional with 5 star LE LABO bathroom amenities.
The hotel has a lovely outdoor heated 3rd floor roof pool(there are 23 floors). Very airy GYM and indoor hot tub.
I did not use the restaurant but it looked modern and bright. The breakfast was $27 and brunch $44. Too much food for me, however my meals were included at the conference that I attended.
Below the hotel and connected through an escalator is a food court with 12 eateries open till 9pm. Including Tim Horton/McDonalds/Subway/Starbucks etc.
The Location is excellent in downtown at the waterfront. In front of Canada place (where the Alaska cruise ships dock) and convention centre. It is connected to the waterfront airport sky train station and Seabus station. Only 3 blocks from the charming Gastown neighborhood. It is an easy 4 blocks walking to a large mall. 8 blocks to a large cinema. 8 blocks to Chinatown. About 12 blocks from BC place and GM place for sporting events.
The hotel is surrounded by excellent restaurants within walking distance.
The taxi ride from the airport YVR cost $40 including tip despite numerous green traffic lights and sparse traffic. If you have manageable luggage then take the Canada line train/subway to waterfront station 2 blocks away and connected to the hotel with a walkway.
The bus&trolley hop on hop off tours leave from in front of the hotel. All the other tour companies will pick up from the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Stanley park view for unobstructed views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you taking the time to complete such a thorough review of The Fairmont Waterfront, I am so glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. I agree that Vancouver is such a walk-able city - we like to think of our location as the best address in the city, so it was great to hear your feedback confirm this. Our colleagues strive to provide outstanding service and I will take great pleasure is sharing your kind words with the bellmen and the entire Fairmont Waterfront team. You may be interested to know that we will be undergoing renovations of several floors of the hotel shortly, which will include remodeling our bathrooms with separate glassed-in showers as you suggested. Thank you again for selecting The Fairmont Waterfront, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city, and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Amazing. I checked in and my room wasn't quite ready, so the very pleasant staff told me that she was putting me in a room that would "make my eyes pop". I was given the Royal Suite ... 2000 sq. feet of .... wow! From double door entry into a foyer to a full kitchen, full dining room with table for eight and a living room with a 50" LCD TV. Upstairs, up a stair case with brass railings had two full bedrooms.
Ok, this was way more than I needed for a one night business stay but I was impressed by the setting and the pleasantness of the staff.
The President's Club membership, free if you sign up, is worth doing to give you access to free internet and an option of having gym clothing and gym shoes (? how do they do this? ...) provided for your use in the gym should you need them.
I didn't use the restaurant but it looked impressive. The location is beautiful and my room(s) had views of North Vancouver and the water. The hotel is across the street from the Vancouver Convention Centre.

Congradulations Fairmont, you went above and beyond and made a great impression!

Room Tip: :) Ask to be upgraded to the Royal Suite!! (I think that I just got lucky!)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I was thrilled to read that you had the opportunity to experience our Royal Suite, it truly is the best room in the house. We understand that our guests’ travel plans don’t always align with hotel check-in times so we are committed to ensuring guests get access to their guest room as quickly as possible. As for the gym attire, it is part of our Fairmont Fit program where we have a large selection of Reebok gear in all sizes to provide our Fairmont President’s Club members who would prefer to travel without their runners. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city, so that we can show you that our ‘royal treatment’ is not reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I spent a terrific Thanksgiving Day weekend in Vancouver at this hotel. Upon check in the staff was friendly and professional. Employees had crisp, classic hotel uniforms which we liked and added an old school feel to this modern hotel. We reserved a corner room on the 14th floor. The views of the harbor were INCREDIBLE. We could see across the bay to the northern mountains and Stanley Park. We spent time watching the boats, seaplanes, and pedestrians do their thing. It was really cool. The hotel is in a great location, only a few blocks from many restaurants and pubs. The room was clean and well attended. The bell staff were helpful and friendly. We checked out using a few gift cards obtained through a credit card company. We had no issue with using the cards as was the case with some other reviews. We had a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location and view
  • Disliked — A bit pricey
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Dear Guest, Thank you for letting The Fairmont Waterfront be part of your Thanksgiving weekend; I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope you had the opportunity to go out and explore our beautiful city - you may be interested to know that the hotel has complimentary bikes available which are fantastic for exploring Stanley Park and the Seawall. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront, please know our colleagues take pride in providing outstanding service and I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind comments with the entire team. Warmest regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Halifax
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stay at this hotel in early November for a conference. I was 'lucky' to have Air Canada lose my luggage for 24 plus hours. The reception team was very receptive to my needs and loaned me some reebok gym gear so I could take advantage of a nice day (without luggage) to run in Stanley Park. This was very unexpected; but greatly appreciated.

I would also like to comment that as a road warrior (around 100 nights a year in hotels) that the breakfast buffet in Heron's was also a highlight. I craved it daily and skipped lunch as I ate so much. This is included smoothies and waffles made to order, attentive service, a view of the water. I also highly recommend this meal.

Room Tip: This is my second time in this hotel and both rooms I received met my expectations.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I can only imagine how stressful it must be to be travelling and to have your luggage lost - I am so glad that we were able to help with the Reebok attire. You may be interested to know that the Reebok gear is part of our Fairmont Fit program and is available in all sizes for guests who prefer to not carry their workout gear while travelling. Please do let me know the next time you stay with us as I am a runner myself and host guided runs around Stanley Park twice a week for our guests and would love to have you join us. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I appreciated the service I received on the gold floor, I don't think I'll go back to "regular floors" at the Fairmont. The breakfast and late afternoon appetizers were amazing. Take the sky train from Yvr.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Fairmont Gold experience. We are currently renovating our Fairmont Gold floor - I am very excited to launch the new Fairmont Gold in late February and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to experience it firsthand. Thank you again for staying with us, please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to make your next stay even better. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Waterfront Fairmont November 2011 and loved everything about the property! We took the upgrade to the Gold Floor and we were happy with the extra's it came with. We recieved very good service at the private check-in and appreciated the tour of the facilities as it was our first time at the hotel. The private appies and drinks were nice, and a high light was the smaller venue private buffet breakfast. Rooms were great- a lot of thoughtful extra's and a lot of space also the room comes with a housecoat and slippers! I love the location, so close to my favorite sps and within walking distance to good food and great shopping!I didn't have any meals in the retaurant however one morning during our stay the Gold Floor breakfast buffet was full and so were able to take our breakfast there and it was great! A beautiful restaurant, looked really clean and food and service were both good! Lucky us! I like to stay in different 4-5 stars when I travel to Vancouver but I will come back to this one forsure! Not only for the special treatment but for the rooftop garden full of items that will be used in the meals they prepare and bees that make honey used for the desserts and truffels they make on site. How cool is that??

Room Tip: Take the upgrade to the Gold Floor!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I truly appreciate you taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was thrilled to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent time on our Fairmont Gold floor, we like to think of Fairmont Gold as our boutique ‘hotel within a hotel’ – you may be interested to know that we are currently renovating the entire Fairmont Gold product including guest rooms and the lounge and I am really excited about the new look. Please let me know when you are next in Vancouver as I would be happy to arrange a private tour of the rooftop garden and apiary for you. We are always looking for new ways to use our amazing garden in our culinary endeavours and we have just launched our very own lager, in partnership with local Whistler Brewing Company, made with the honey collected from our rooftop bees. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager