“Amazing!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Waterfront for 3 nights and it was amazing. The complimentary upgrade (thank you!) was a wonderful suprise after a 10 hour drive, and the room was ready early too. I've stayed at a few fairmonts and it's probably because of the upgrade but the bathroom was huge! Room was very clean, great amenites, beautiful view of the harbour and we could watch cruise ships come and go. I would reccomend valet parking your car (its the same price as self parking in a parkade). Our room service order was a little messed up - quick call down to royal service and it was fixed within minutes. Great location, great staff once again Fairmont never dissapoints!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

WOW. More than I could have ever expected! I thought I was just there for the great location. I was wrong. From the moment I arrived until the time I left (3 days later) we received 5 star service. From the guys at the door to the registration staff we were treated great. I thought customer service was a "lost art". Fairmont Waterfront found it. Rooms were great and the beds......I tried to get one in my luggage! Fairmont will be my new hotel of choice as I travel. Thanks to the entire staff for this great experience.

Room Tip: get the Virtuoso package. The upgrade at check-in, internet, and breakfast is well worth it. We had...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Fairmont Waterfront is a gorgeous hotel. The staff are all friendly, and the rooms are great. We had a view of a bit of the water and could see the cruise ships coming in and out, which was cool. Our room was really nice and spacious, and I loved being on the same floor as the gym and pool. Gym is a bit small, but the equipment is great (and they have a rowing machine!), and the pool is really nice. I loved being on the water, and so close to places like the bike rental for Stanley Park. I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A four night stay was great. We had a standard, harbour-facing room that was spacious and very comfortable with free wifi (as a Fairmont loyalty card holder), good in-room coffee and excellent beds, bathroom and house-keeping. The room had fascinating, always changing views of the cruise liners pulling in and out, sea-planes coming and going and ferries plying back and forward. The location is quiet though, with little passing traffic. Friends staying in the Shangri-la paid $200 per night more, had a slightly smaller room and significant noise so we were very happy with this choice. Easy walking to gastown, China town, the harbour and good shops and restaurants. We'd return next time for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wonderful location and great service levels! Gotta try Heron's Restaurant just off the Lobby. Ask for Emilee Candy or Darren as your servers....they are both incredible, friendly, funny and very skilled. We asked for Darren in the mornings for breakfast and Emilee at night for dinner. Two of the best we've ever had! Thank you both for your help, friendliness and great personalities! We'll be back! Your friends from Texas...Bobby and Cherie.

Room Tip: The higher, the better. Ask for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texasbobby1950
Reviewed September 7, 2012

You'll sleep like a baby in the beds in this hotel, soft and plush. Love the pillows which is not always the case. I would definitely stay here again AND the hotel lobby bar's food was better than a nearby fancy restaurant. Stay there, sleep there, eat there.....

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wow, Gold level. It is WELL worth paying extra for the Gold level room . I think we were in room 905. I knew this hotel was right across the street from our Holland Cruise ship and this was the primary reason I booked it. WE could take a taxi just once from the airport and WALK to our ship. No having to take taxis or hassle with any form of transportation once we got to the hotel. I asked before I booked what was included with the "Gold Level" room. I was told some snack food. UNDERSTATED. First you have your own personal concierge to help you navigate the city and sites. Brittany helped us and did a TERRIFIC job! Cold snacks are an understatement. I was told the Gold room had cold snack food. We thoroughly enjoyed scones upon our arrival. We arrived at 11:30 and I think our room was ready around 1:45 or so. So we sat on the GOLD balcony. WHAT A VIEW of the harbor and the city!! We drank tea (what an assortment) and were treated like royalty by Justin, Brittany and Kathryn. Honestly we felt like we were celebrities. On the premises they have their own beehives. As a treat for our anniversary the hotel delivered to our room a two tier chocolate bee hive with a jar of honey made from the hotel bees inside. I will attach a picture. EVERYTHING about this hotel is classy. In the late afternoon/early evening they have an honor bar with all sorts of liquors, wines and beers. And a refrigerator stocked with soft drinks, bottled water and juices. The BEST part of the food here though is the morning breakfast buffet. I LOVE Eggs Benedict. Oh yes, they had Egg's Benedict, cold cuts, sausage and bacon, assorted cheeses, fruits, yogurts and the list goes on and on. I can't say enough positive things about the people, location, ambiance, food and atmosphere at this hotel. Oh and there is a pool and a hot tub as well. It's the best of the best.

Room Tip: Gold level with the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Perdido
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for submitting a review of The Fairmont Waterfront, your kind words are very much appreciated and I will take great pleasure in sharing them with Justin, Brittany, Kathryn and the entire team. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay on our ‘hotel within a hotel’ concierge floor, the complimentary breakfast and evening canapés are certainly a great feature of our Gold Floor! I do hope you enjoyed a fantastic cruise and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back with us on your next visit to our beautiful city. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager