“Definitely a nice overnight stay!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, BC
“Definitely a nice overnight stay!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend. We're both local but needed to stay downtown for a concert. Was a beautiful hotel, with spacious rooms, huge floor to ceiling windows, (the only downside was a small bathtub) and we had a 15th floor corner suite which was amazing for harbour AND city views. An outdoor pool with cool views of building and mountains all around, an indoor hot tub, and steam rooms in the change rooms (unfortunately NOT shared saunas so I couldnt go in with my boyfriend), a very pretty outdoor herb garden to wander through, and daily (3pm) tours of the bee garden! The breakfast buffet was very nice and had everything you'd want. The hotel is a bit pricey but it's definitely worth it if you can afford it.

Room Tip: ask for a south/east corner unit for great views of the harbour (for the cheaper city view price)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit with us here. I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your boyfriend with accommodation for your concert downtown.

It was great to read that you were able to use some of our hotel amenities and learn about our herb garden and honeybee apiary tours. I do hope that you were able to take a tour! Upon your next visit with us, if you are interested in the tours, please contact our Concierge desk as we would love to book one for you and your guests.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront and look forward to doing so in the near future.

Ian Pullan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I had to go to Vancouver for a conference, and my husband and I decided to bring our 18 month old along. We were worried about staying a week in a hotel with him, but the staff at the Fairmont were SO helpful! They brought us a crib, microwave, high chair, even a diaper pail -- all the baby comforts of home! The location is great; the rooms are nice and clean, and the beds are super comfortable. We will definitely being going back to Vancouver (a beautiful, fun city) and we will definitely be staying at the Fairmont when we do!!

Room Tip: Join the President's club before you come -- great perks on the concierge floor!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JodiRussAJ
Thank you for selecting The Fairmont Waterfront to be part of your travel plans in Vancouver. I am pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your time with us here.

It is so nice to learn that you were able to take advantage of some of our family offerings. You may be interested in learning that we do have numerous other family friendly offerings which could be useful if you stay with us again in the future, and they can be found on our website.

Also, I am thrilled to read that you joined our Fairmont President’s club. You are now able to access complimentary wifi internet at all of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, as well, you can personalize your profile to ensure a more individualized travel experience with us.

All of us at the Fairmont Waterfront look forward to welcoming you back here. If ever I can be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

New Jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We are an extended family of 7 who stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront in late June prior to an Alaska cruise. We were so impressed with our one-night stay that we booked the hotel for a one-night stay after the cruise, even though we had already booked a different hotel. The service was excellent, the location was perfect, and the rooms were modern, spacious, and clean. Overall, we believe that we received great value for the money we paid. I would highly recommend this property. BTW - we also stayed at the Fairmont Empress in Victoria for one night (also post-cruise). That was also a good - but very different - experience.

Tip - internet access is free if you join Fairmont's loyalty program (President's Club). Membership is free.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ted_NJ

I appreciate your comments regarding your satisfaction with your guest room, the excellent service, and location being perfect. I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with my team here.

I am delighted to learn that you had such a great stay with us prior to your cruise that you returned post cruise as well. You may be interested in knowing that you are able to personalize your Fairmont President’s Club Membership to grant a more individualized travel experience with us.

Fredericton
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I was here for a week while my husband attended a meeting that was held in the hotel. If one wanted to use the Internet in your room one had to pay. In my husband's case it was free in the meeting room. For the price the hotel charges for the rooms one would expect Internet connection be inclusive.
If you need the Internet go down to the shopping mall below the hotel and go to the photographic shop - they charge you $2.00 for 15 mins and are very pleasant.
Our room. that overlooked the cruise ship dock, was always looked after well by housekeeping. However, one day, as I was paddling my toes in the bath, I noticed that there was a tide marke around it!!! A previous occupant of the room must have had a bath and it had not been cleaned.
Overall I would say the hotel was fine but very over priced for what one got. I realise this is Vancouver but I am sure there are other hotels which offer the same kind of room, in a good location, but at a more reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is my second time at this hotel. I enjoy the Fairmont Waterfront for the breathtaking view of the harbour and mountains and its floor to ceiling windows. What a beautiful view to have when having breakfast and seeing Vancouver wake up in the morning with the business people taking helicopters to get to work, etc. Both my room and bathroom were larger that usual and very clean. Furniture is up to date and on the modern side. Food within the hotel is excellent. Had great tasting pacific salmon at the hotel's Herons restaurant and a very good steak through in room dining service. I also enjoy the location of the hotel for dining, i.e. walking distance to the chic restaurants in Gastown. To me, this is an ideal hotel when coming to Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for, once again, choosing the Fairmont Waterfront as your home away from home in Vancouver. I am glad you appreciated the breathtaking harbor and mountain views and local Vancouver scenery from your guest room and the hotel. We are especially proud of our celebrated location and it was great to hear that you were able to enjoy the convenience of its proximity to local trendy neighbourhoods, such as Gastown.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience meals from our in-room dining menu and Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar. It will be my pleasure to share your kind remarks to our Executive Chef and restaurant team with regards to your Pacific salmon and steak dinners.

During your next stay with us, you may be interested in participating in our curbside check-in. If you are a registered Fairmont President's Club member with a valid credit card on file, we can have your room keys prepared for your arrival and ready at the front entrance.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront the night before we went on the Alaskan Cruise. Because of the Hockey playoff game the night before, our rooms were not ready when we first checked in but there is no way that I can ever fault the service that we received. I feel that the staff went over and above their requirements to get us into our rooms and make sure that we were happy. The rooms were bright, large and very, very comfortable. Unfortunately, I am unable to remember the gentleman's name that was at the Desk that helped us but his friendliness and helpfulness was tremendous. He was able to direct us to a perfect causal place to have dinner that was within walking distance as I have had a recent injury to my leg and mobility is an issue at the present time.

Your breakfast in Heron's is phenomenal. My friend is still commenting on the service and quality of food that we received there.

The location to the cruise line terminal made our transition from land to ship very easy and was definitely a starring point of our visit.

I would definitely stay at the Fairmont Waterfront again and have recommended it to others that are coming out to Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
It was such a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for selecting The Fairmont Waterfront as your hotel of choice prior to you Alaskan Cruise. I am pleased that we were able to assist in starting your trip off right. I would like to offer my apologies for not having your room ready for your arrival and please know that I will share with the appropriate leaders for future improvements. However, it was great to hear that you were able to enjoy our convenient location and comfortable, bright guest rooms.

I was glad to learn that you had a great breakfast at Herons West Coast Kitchen, and I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with our Chef and restaurant team. It was great to hear that our staff were friendly, helpful, and provided you with service that exceeded your expectations.

We do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you for recommending us to others, and if I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Not only didn't the phone in my room not work for two days, the front desk staff (Jane) was very nasty and unprofessional. She cost the hotel one guest (a colleague checked out the next morning and went to another hotel). Jane needs to be seriously retrained or permanently removed from working in the hospitality industry as she has left a horrible impression on the Fairmont and City of Vancouver!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nailah28970
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and the unfortunate feeling you have about the Fairmont and City of Vancouver. Jane is a valued member of our team and I believe she has done all that she can to deliver consistent quality service to our guests. I do hope you will reconsider Fairmont Hotels & Resorts as a destination in the future.