“Breathtaking View”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oakville, Canada
“Breathtaking View”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is my second time at this hotel. I enjoy the Fairmont Waterfront for the breathtaking view of the harbour and mountains and its floor to ceiling windows. What a beautiful view to have when having breakfast and seeing Vancouver wake up in the morning with the business people taking helicopters to get to work, etc. Both my room and bathroom were larger that usual and very clean. Furniture is up to date and on the modern side. Food within the hotel is excellent. Had great tasting pacific salmon at the hotel's Herons restaurant and a very good steak through in room dining service. I also enjoy the location of the hotel for dining, i.e. walking distance to the chic restaurants in Gastown. To me, this is an ideal hotel when coming to Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for, once again, choosing the Fairmont Waterfront as your home away from home in Vancouver. I am glad you appreciated the breathtaking harbor and mountain views and local Vancouver scenery from your guest room and the hotel. We are especially proud of our celebrated location and it was great to hear that you were able to enjoy the convenience of its proximity to local trendy neighbourhoods, such as Gastown.

I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience meals from our in-room dining menu and Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar. It will be my pleasure to share your kind remarks to our Executive Chef and restaurant team with regards to your Pacific salmon and steak dinners.

During your next stay with us, you may be interested in participating in our curbside check-in. If you are a registered Fairmont President's Club member with a valid credit card on file, we can have your room keys prepared for your arrival and ready at the front entrance.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ian Pullan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront the night before we went on the Alaskan Cruise. Because of the Hockey playoff game the night before, our rooms were not ready when we first checked in but there is no way that I can ever fault the service that we received. I feel that the staff went over and above their requirements to get us into our rooms and make sure that we were happy. The rooms were bright, large and very, very comfortable. Unfortunately, I am unable to remember the gentleman's name that was at the Desk that helped us but his friendliness and helpfulness was tremendous. He was able to direct us to a perfect causal place to have dinner that was within walking distance as I have had a recent injury to my leg and mobility is an issue at the present time.

Your breakfast in Heron's is phenomenal. My friend is still commenting on the service and quality of food that we received there.

The location to the cruise line terminal made our transition from land to ship very easy and was definitely a starring point of our visit.

I would definitely stay at the Fairmont Waterfront again and have recommended it to others that are coming out to Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
It was such a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for selecting The Fairmont Waterfront as your hotel of choice prior to you Alaskan Cruise. I am pleased that we were able to assist in starting your trip off right. I would like to offer my apologies for not having your room ready for your arrival and please know that I will share with the appropriate leaders for future improvements. However, it was great to hear that you were able to enjoy our convenient location and comfortable, bright guest rooms.

I was glad to learn that you had a great breakfast at Herons West Coast Kitchen, and I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with our Chef and restaurant team. It was great to hear that our staff were friendly, helpful, and provided you with service that exceeded your expectations.

We do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you for recommending us to others, and if I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Not only didn't the phone in my room not work for two days, the front desk staff (Jane) was very nasty and unprofessional. She cost the hotel one guest (a colleague checked out the next morning and went to another hotel). Jane needs to be seriously retrained or permanently removed from working in the hospitality industry as she has left a horrible impression on the Fairmont and City of Vancouver!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nailah28970
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and the unfortunate feeling you have about the Fairmont and City of Vancouver. Jane is a valued member of our team and I believe she has done all that she can to deliver consistent quality service to our guests. I do hope you will reconsider Fairmont Hotels & Resorts as a destination in the future.

Manitoba
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Location
There is a Sky Train Station right across the hotel. It's just one train ride from the airport. There are lots of bus stops near it as well. You have beautiful view of the water. It is just steps away from Gastown. It's in a safe and commercial are of downtown Vancouver.

Amenities
I had access to the Fairmont Gold. It is located on the 9th floor of the hotel. There is an outdoors space again with beautiful views of the harbour and downtown. The fairmont gold has one computer station but there are no line-ups or anything. The lounge is quite quiet, very neat and comfortable. I didn't have time to check out the pool of gym.

The Fairmont Gold lounge serves breakfast from 6:30 - 10 am on weekdays, hors d'ourves from 5-7pm and snacks like cookies in between. Food is served in buffet style and included in the price you pay for being in the Fairmont Gold section. Alcoholic drinks are self-served and will be charged to your room. The food was really good and satisfying especially the breakfast.

The service is excellent. Employees are helpful, informative, and friendly. They are very helpful in directing guests to tourist spots and restaurant. They'll print out the transit routes for you.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I enjoyed reading your review of your recent stay with us on the Gold Floor of The Fairmont Waterfront. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post and leave your feedback. It is so nice to hear that you appreciated the added value of staying on Gold along with our unique hotel location. Additionally, I will enjoy sharing your compliments regarding our staff being helpful, friendly and informative with my entire team here. Upon your next visit to our hotel, you may be interested in taking a tour of our rooftop herb garden or honeybee apiary. We harvest both honey and herbs to use in our restaurant, Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar.

Once again, we are glad that you had a great time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront.

Indian in london
Reviewed June 20, 2011

great hotel. for conference center or for tourism let down by very slow service at the breakfast restaurant. Choose a water facing room. The Gym is small but good selection of equipment,

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank mad.nomad
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont Waterfront. I appreciate your feedback, however, I am disappointed to hear that you received slow service in the restaurant. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate leaders to ensure future incidents do not reoccur. I do offer my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.

Overall, I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. If ever I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great staff. Excellent rooms. Harbor views. Quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The Fairmont Waterfront is perfectly located. It is close enough to downtown to be within the action and yet not so close that you feel trapped. You have a great view of the water and the hotel itself is gorgeous.

We particularly enjoyed the swimming pool which is up amongst the high rise buildings. very dramatic!

The service was fantastic and the staff are superb. Nothing is too much trouble. We also got a good price through our agent Holidaysplease.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holiday_Helper1
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent visit with us at The Fairmont Waterfront. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our rooftop pool and mountainous harbour views. It was great to learn that you found our staff superb and the service you received throughout your stay was fantastic. I will certainly share your comments with our team here. During your next visit to Vancouver, you may be interested in taking a tour of our organic herb garden and resident apiary, or perhaps even trying out our Sunrise Yoga classes.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront in the near future. If ever I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ian.pullan@fairmont.com or 604-691-1892.