This is a budget hotel.. a definate 2 star.. decor is circa 1970s motel. but, it was clean, and our room was a very good size . We booked directly with hotel, a one bedroom suite for two adults and one child. The rate was 119 a night. A very good rate for location!
Our room was on the 10th floor and had amazing view to water .. the balcony however is basically nothing more then a ledge with a banister. There were however the large floor to ceiling windows and sliding door,, so a very bright living room and kitchen. This unit did include a small but good enough kitchenette. Apartment size fridge( about 4 1/2 feet tall) small full stove and oven. Microwave and two cup coffee machine. There were dishes, BUT not forks or knives a bit odd. There was coffee, sugar and whitner provided, but no tea.
Bathroom was small, but shower worked well. Bed in room was fine, but sofa bed in the living room was ,,well a sofa bed, fine for kids only .
This hotel is for budget travellers,do not go expecting much, we didn't and were quite happy with what we got. The rate was much lower then most hotels in the area, and the location is absolutely great ,, you can walk and shop along Robson which is lined with shops and places to eat.
We had no noise issues at all( but our room was on the 10th and did face the ocean, not Robson)
I thought staying there for one night was fine, I wouldn't stretch it too long, but honestly, if looking for a cheap clean safe stay, then this place is ok, if you can get over the rather worn shabbiness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Suite Hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver and in the middle of the lively Robson Street shopping and entertainment district within walking distance of all Downtown shopping, theatres, many excellent restaurants, cafes, English Bay and Stanley Park. All guest suites are one bedroom units featuring a living room with a sofa bed and kitchenette. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated pool, sauna, laundry facilities and limited complimentary guest parking.• View the majestic North Shore mountains• Ideally located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and the West End• 74 spacious one bedroom suites accommodating up to four adults• Easy walking distance of virtually everything• Heated indoor pool and sauna• Restaurants, shopping, theatres and parks just blocks away from hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tropicana Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Motor Hotel Vancouver
- Tropicana Hotel Vancouver
- Tropicana Motel Vancouver