“Easy access location, good value.”

Atrium Inn Vancouver
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a large room, clean, semi-updated. Could the room use a facelift? Sure, but we were happy enough with it for the price we paid. Appreciated the free parking and wi-fi. Staff was courteous. Happy to have use of a bell cart even though there wasn't a bellman. This is a Holiday Inn Express, not a full service hotel. And I'm writing this from my next stop, the Grand Hyatt Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for your comments on our courteous staff.

We will be addressing the condition to our rooms in the upcoming renovations

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

So my mother, my 6yr old daughter and my 9 month old daughter plus myself stayed here. So we pull in and my mother goes in to check in, then comes back to the car to load up the luggage cart. Normally at this point someone is pushing it for you. My mother struggles up the uneven sidewalk and a passer by has to help her while the staff inside just watch from behind the counter. So now we are all inside and she goes to park the car, now I am struggling to get the cart in the elevator while holding my baby and trying to keep the 6 year old close. No help was offered so I muttered a comment about how I had never been to a hotel were this wasn't brought up for me and I couldn't believe no one would offer help to a mother with 2 small children. I had two hotel guests that helped me to my room. At this point I'm now in my room and unloaded the luggage turned the cart around, there is a 1 foot if not longer tear in the carpet which I did not see I tripped my foot got stuck in it!!!! Luckily I was not holding my baby my face met the side of the luggage cart and i had a bloody nose and smashed my chin and bruised my face. So you can imagine how upset I am at this point I call to the lobby and the lady who answered was rude. I will never stay here again!!! I ended up going to my fathers who lives in town with my oldest while my mother stayed with my youngest!!! I am disgusted by the expierience and my mother is checking out today we will have to see what is done but overall this is a dirty messy disgusting hotel with well below mediocre staff who need lessons in customer service service!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Catherine P

Dear Catherine P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience during your stay. I am sorry to hear about your fall and I regret that the staff on duty did not live up to the standards of service that is expected in the industry.
I have followed through with verbal agreement that we had made on the day of the accident and left a written letter for your mother so that she was aware that I did follow up.
Thank you again for your helpful suggestions on ways to improve our record and areas that I will be focusing on in my new position.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

So here I am just came back from my trip in Vancouver.

Still very satisfied because my 2 babies(chihuahuas)were very welcomed! Same as our 1st trip.

Enjoyed our free hot breakfast and of course our free very secured parking.

Will definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank bujer

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us, and I am happy to hear that your 2 babies(chihuahuas) we very welcome.

We will be starting renovations soon and hope that we are have completed them when you stay again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Not a great experience - realy old dated room - we booked two rooms they only had one room ready - still sent us to the wrong room had to rearrange all over again with our luggage- (even though we checked in after 3 pm they still didnt have our other room reday till well after 4. Our room didnt even have a mini fridge, no glasses, room stank of smoke (even though its non smoking) terrible old decor and bathroom - they claim none of their rooms have a mini fridge except the suites - but then my friends room later had one!

Breakfast - was motel style served on paper plates and plastic knives - I would have borne it all if it wasnt the fact that we were paying hotel prices for a average motel experience.

the only positive things I can say - location was handy, staff tried to do their best, room size was large , had free parking & wifi, but the experince wouldnt have been so bad if it was at a $100 charge but the price charged was $150-165 for a old stale room without basic amenities.

Room Tip: ask for a executive room or updated room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michaelms

Dear Michael,

I am sorry to hear that you encountered several poor experience during your stay. I have just started with this hotel and know that most of the issues that you have stated will be addressed in the upcoming renovation plans.

I hope that your next trip to Vancouver we will be able to present to you a new look with better quality food and more amenities in our guest rooms.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Service is good with decent room but without fridge. Walking distance to Playland park and not too far from downtown with car.
Breakfast restaurant only but there are some low priced restaurants in walking distance. WiFi is free and working good and they have one electric outlet on the lamp on the desk. Very useful but today i have up to 3 devices which need charging, so still have to get behind furniture.
Overall a good hotel with good friendly service so can recommend for people who want a place to sleep without all the amenities from a full scale hotel.

1  Thank Jens B

Thank you for taking time to communicate to us, I do understand the need of more accessible plugs for several devices and have every desire to address this need in the upcoming renovation plans.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I Stayed 4 nights for work. Walking distance or short cab ride to good areas for dinner etc. Nice area to walk around. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. PNE is also a short walk down the street.

1  Thank lissa_mk
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I am happy to hear your comments on our friendly staff.

Thank you for using the Holiday Inn chain during your travels and we hope to see you on your future trips to Vancouver.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here Sept. 18-22. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette that backed onto an ally. Our view was of the North Shore mountains and it was a quiet room, which we appreciated -- we would not have wanted to be facing Hastings St. The layout was a bit quirky because the first night we had an extra guest with us who slept on the sofa bed. No curtains between the "living area" where the sofa bed was and the bedroom. The bathroom could only be accessed by entering the bedroom area, or by going into the hallway and entering the other -- yes, second doorway. Oh well, it didn't bother us too much but for families booking this room just be aware of these issues.
In terms of cleanliness: overall, the room was VERY clean. Toiletries are supplied in the bathroom. The housekeeping staff are very hard workers here and each morning they were near our room waiting to clean it. However, our first morning at this property we were a little taken aback when the housekeeper entered our room without knocking (we even had the Do Not Disturb sign on our door) to take out a roll-away-cot that we no longer required. This was a clear breach of privacy. The only other complaint we had was the carpets in the room looked as though they could have used a thorough shampoo. Other than that we were quite pleased with the room. The bed was very comfortable and we had great sleeps!
Location: This was the first time I have stayed in this area of Vancouver. Our cost was 169.00 for a AAA rate, the best rate we could get at the time for the one bedroom, which I felt was as high as some downtown Vancouver hotel rooms (but granted, it was a one bedroom). But we required this location. What we really liked was the proximity to restaurants in the area -- all within walking distance so we did not need to drive anywhere to eat. Across the street are several choices for dining, including a Tom and Jerry's -- everything under $10.00. Surprisingly, the food was quite decent -- had a turkey dinner and it was delicious. Up the street further, past Starbucks, was Le Petit Saigon, a Vietnamese restaurant that also had very good food (better than the food at the Vietnamese directly across the street).
As well, this HI serves a complimentary breakfast, but I must admit, other than the yogurt and bananas, the eggs were gross (in my opinion), but there were also things like cereal and pastries. The breakfast area was cozy and pleasant, and there was also another sitting area that was quite nice looking that housed there buisness centre -- a computer available to guests.
The staff at the front desk were fine, but not extraordinary.
Parking was good - underground and safe. No pool or Jacuzzi here, apparently there was a sauna but we did not use it.
Overall, this was a decent experience, and yes, I would stay here again, but for the price range I can think of hotels downtown that I would rather stay at. At all times we felt comfortable and safe, and I would recommend this property for any type of traveller.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that faces the North Shore mountains -- these are the quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I apologize for the inconveniences that your encountered with staffing issues during your stay.

I myself have just recently joint the Holiday Inn team and do understand the importance of a smile from a desk clerk or a little extra effort from any staff member can go a long way in the stay of a guest. This is the area I will be focusing on and hopefully improving.

With upcoming renovation plans, we hope to solve some of the layout of the guest rooms and suggestion such as your are a great help in bringing to light the challenges that we face.