“Disney Trip”

Atrium Inn Vancouver
Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have taken my grand daughter to Disney-On-Ice for the past 2 years and stayed at this hotel each time. It was a totally pleasant experience each time. Wonderful staff, great breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, and right across the road from the show. We travel by bus and ferry and the location is very convenient for that too. I am looking forward to visiting again on November 21. My 6-year-old grand daughter feels like a princess staying there!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vivian j
Sanja D, front desk at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is our absolute pleasure to read your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your time and acknowledgement of our exceptional service and hotel.

There are newer reviews for Atrium Inn Vancouver

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent two days in this clean Holiday Inn Express. Room was spacious with amenities
And staff was excellent. Had to maneuver around to make entrance if coming from the
West, but parking is secure. Breakfast choices were abundant and staff maintained
fresh supply. Free WiFi in room. Lighting was not the best in room. (A single table lamp
between two beds for reading and most of the room light.). For those in need, there is
a Starbucks at corner.

Bus service to downtown, Chinatown, Gas Light District is frequent and convenient.
Ask at desk for prices as you need correct change as you board bus. ($1.75 senior price).
Bus14, 16 and 135 serve the hotel but 135 is much quicker (less stops). Hotel
has shuttle to downtown but not return. Catch return bus on W. Hastings which is
easy to find.

I saw a sign for an exercise room but didn't check it out.

All in all a good place to stay at a good price. I wasn't bothered by traffic noises but
that might not be the case for all rooms. As a frequent traveler I always have ear plugs
(Calmor) with me just in case and room had a good blackout curtain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fireshepdancer
Sanja D, Front Desk at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express, we apprecaite your stay, I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, our breakfast is different from all the other hotels from freash egg omelets to the smell of the bacon, yougurt, milk biscuts, muffins, mmmm..... I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us
Guest Services

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was extremely convenient for attending an event at the PNE center, since it is literally across the street. My room was large and had everything I needed. There were a few snafus....the phone didn't work well, and the bathroom faucet leaked, but those were just minor inconveniences and not a big deal. The front desk staff was very helpful in every way.
Since Hastings Street is a big busy street, if you are noise sensitive, request a room that doesn't face the street.
The neighborhood doesn't have a lot of appeal, although there are a few little interesting places, like the produce stand just off one of the corners, and Skye's Nut Heaven. The restaurant options are not great in that area, especially given all the great places to eat in Vancouver. I walked down Hastings for about 8 blocks going west (same side of the street as the hotel) and finally found a small cafe run by two young men. I unfortunately don't remember the name (sorry) but I wish I did as I would love to recommend it.
The hotel breakfast in the morning is not something that appeals to me, but its pretty standard for this chain of hotels. A better option.....just a block or two away is Laughing Bean coffee shop, with much more interesting and local flavor.

Room Tip: If you care about street noise at night, request a room that doesn't face Hastings Street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write on tripadvisor we apprecaite the comments
I am so happy to hear that you enjoy your stay despite little mishaps. Our property is going through under renovation and we hope that you come back too see it soon.
Front Desk

Reviewed October 10, 2012

So...the location is on the edge of the "downtown", but bordered by some green space and a short jog to the harbour. The property is clean and well maintained, and the breakfast is standard HIE fare. But...the staff are fantastic. Like a high-end property, they go out of their way to say hello, offer assistance, smile, and engage clients. Well done management and staff! A very pleasant surprise. Good parking, good access, good night sleep.

Recommend you ask for a room at the back of the hotel....street noise at night can be a little loud.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sanja D, front desk at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express, As a front desk agent I am glad that you enjoyed our services we are always happy to provide excellent service for a guest I thank you for such a wonderful review about our property I hope to see you soon again
Jocelyn
Front desk

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived at the Holiday Inn Express and was greeted by a very pleasant front desk young woman who put me at ease immediately. She helped me with my parking questions, among other questions. She made sure my points got included with my priorioty membership. The room was very clean, pleasant, nicely appointed, and large. I was surprised at how pleased I was for the very reasonable price. The location was perfect for my reason for being in Vancouver because it was a short distance from the Birthday dinner I attend at the Portguese Club restaurant on Commerical Drive. The Portguese Club dinner was amazing! Breakfast was included and was a good hot breakfast. Eggs, sausage, cute thin pancakes, fruit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IreneSeattle_WA
Sanja D, Front Desk at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you once again for being a priority club member with us, we really apprecaite your stay,
I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that there is many more to come, Thank you once again

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We where double booked by Hotels.com, these to staff sore this and booked us into another HIE and they drove us to our concert in Down Town Vancouver.
There service was amazing even though they had no rooms for us
I would stay here, hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Great staff , great location
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words ,our front desk staff really apprecaite your comments. We were happy to see that everything worked out and we would love to see you stay at our hotel.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Urine odor in bathroom. Neighbors were smoking pot......and we were high too.
B_fast was great. Staff friendly.
Location great as we were heading to the ferry to V.island.
Free parking is great, limited spots.

• Stayed: September 2012
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for recognizing efforts of our friendly and professional staff in order to provide a great service. Good breakfast is a great start to a new day. Our hotel is conveniently located near Pacific National Coliseum which brings lots of families over the year. It is unfortunate that you experienced something else as well.
We hope that you had a safe trip to Vancouver Island.

Sanja Drazic