“Solid option”

Ranked #57 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Texas
“Solid option”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would suggest not riding the city bus along Hastings back from Downtown at night, if you are uncomfortable with the grittier side of cities. While safe, the bus ride is not on the pleasant side. Corridors could use some updating. Breakfast room was tight on space. However, the breakfast staff was very pleasant and regularly replenished the food. Eggs and bacon were a little subpar, but the muffins, pancakes, and bananas were good. Parking was limited, but free. A whole floor plus part of another was closed off due to construction, but with some help from the great staff in the garage, we were able to find a space each night. Asked for a microwave, but was told it would be $15 extra. It seems this should be part of the amenities offered. Given the rate and proximity to downtown, I would recommend this hotel and give it 3.5 stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are located in a family oriented area very close to PNE . Every big city has that "not so nice area" and Vancouver is no different than other cities.
Our breakfast has a variety of fruit, sausages, bacon and pastries every day. Having a good breakfast is an excellent start to an interesting day in our beautiful city.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this HIE with our family of 4 a few weeks ago for 3 nights and were very happy with our choice. Right from check in, the staff was exceptionally courteous and efficient. The room was basic, but clean and big enough for the 4 of us. Breakfast was quite busy, but we always found a seat and the buffet was better than average.
This hotel is some miles away from the city center, but the bus stops right at the corner and you're in downtown Vancouver in less than 30 minutes. The only negative I can say is that while driving downtown, there are some very shabby neighbourhoods to pass. The number of homeless, drunks and addicts I saw was just shocking and unacceptable for a prosperous city
like Vancouver. However, I didn't feel unsafe in the direct neighbourhood of the hotel. So all in all, we can definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vancouver.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a very busy street, so rooms at the back of the hotel are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We are very pleased that you have a lovely stay with us. We are looking forward to see you in a near future.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I came to the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver expecting a four star hotel but soon realized there was a fifth star behind the service desk. Anca worked tirelessly to ensure that every aspect of my hotel experience was enjoyable. She promptly handled all my requests and concerns, was very informative when it came to local entertainment and attractions, and did it all with a friendly smile and a positive attitude. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family for future visits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ollie363
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your sincere comments. Anca is a great asset to our team of exceptional hotel employees. Her professionalism and friendliness truly deserves a recognition. Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with other travelers.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just want to share few words about the extremely delighted service of Holiday Inn Express-East Hastings Vancouver

I was on business trip to Vancouver and stayed at this hotel for 35 days .It was really an outstanding service that I received from the hotel staff, front desk
and from Manager too.
I really loved and enjoyed the free the breakfast and especially the pan cake machine.
They serve different delicious varieties with a perfect juice to have in the morning .They always keep the room clean and tidy. The staff is really friendly.
What else you need from a hotel by the way this hotel is not really far from downtown and you can get a free shuttle so distance should not be a problem.
You also have a shoppers drug mart and a liquor store near by and a good pub attached...

The front Desk staff are really good and friendly to help me out specially Jocelyn,Jui and Anca were extremely helpful.
Manager Sanja was really nice I really liked the way she interacts with customers ,There was no fridge and microwave however as it was along stay ,she arranged a fridge and microwave free of cost for me and this was really a big help to me .She also gave me a free shuttle service.

I want to thank Joce,Anca,jui,Ryan,Reniel,Carlos,Emilio and Sanja for making my hotel stay comfortable and memorable.
For all my future visits Holiday Inn Express-East Hastings Vancouver will be my destination and I will 100% recommend this.

Room Tip: Rooms on the HILL View side are perfect
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate that you kept your promise and share this experience with other travelers. It was our absolute pleasure to provide a great service. We sincerely hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Bottrop, Germany
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver and I would stay there again!
The hotel is walking distance from the PNE, which is a fun amusement park and is a great place to go especially if you have kids or enjoy going on rides and playing games. The two most important things for me in a hotel is that it is clean and I can get a goodnight sleep, thankfully this hotel was very clean as was our room. the bed was really comfortable and I was able to get the goodnight sleep I was looking for. The hotel offered free WI-fi which was great so I could answer to my emails while I was away. The staff couldn't have been nicer, they really all were amazing and helpful when something was needed. Overall I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver again during my future staying in Vancouver!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with other travelers. It is very important to find a right place to stay and enjoy while away from home. We take a great pride in providing an exceptional service. We will be more than happy to see you stay with us in a near future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would strongly recommend the Holiday Inn Express at this location. It is close to the PNE, a fun park both for children and adults. The hotel has friendly staff that are always wearing a smile and are genuinely approachable, as well have proven they are willing to go above and beyond their call of duty in order to satisfy our needs and requests. They were very helpful and a great resource to our family in their suggestions, directions and knowledge of the area. Everything one would need is within walking distance, rooms are clean and the price is great!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience with other travelers. We take a great pride in providing an exceptional guest service to all our guests. Your review portraits a great picture of our hotel and dedicated employees. We are looking forward to see you in a near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I must say that this Holiday Inn was one of my BEST experiences by far.

It is not new, it is clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It is the standard fare for breakfast as is all Holiday Inn Express - they keep it coming though, no waiting for things.

My room was comfortable and when I needed an extra blanket they came right up with it - no waiting!

I have stayed in MANY hotels around the world and this little gem is by far one of the best for customer service!

Room Tip: I would not want to be facing East Hastings and it is loud with the traffic (if you want your window...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your amazing experience with other travelers. Having the best experience ever, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast, says everything about your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

Best Regards,