“Nice Package”

Atrium Inn Vancouver
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 6, 2011

While not in the heart of town , the stay provides great value. Clean and large rooms, better than average breakfast , free internet and a shuttle to airport or cruise terminal. Be sure to make reservations in advance for shuttle

Some folks may be scared away by address but location is ok. Need to take bus on Hastings to downtown but buses run frequently and you can get excat change from front desk . The bus ride does show the seamier side of Vancouver

Would certainly recoomend staying here and would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hrw1953

Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel was great for parking, free breakfast and extremely friendly staff. The housekeeping staff were very thorough. But, my room was right on East Hastings and it was very loud, so loud that my 3 year old son and I barely slept the 2 nights we were there. My friend inquired for me about having a different room, but was told that since I paid for my room on-line thru expedia (which was untrue) that I could not change rooms. Then I was told they were full, and they did seem very busy. I did not book through expedia, but through my credit card's travel website to accrue points. I paid the exactly same price as advertised on holidays inn website, no less.

Room Tip: inquire about a room in the back
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank duckie_ducks
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was good.
The only problem was that we were in a room with a skylight which made it hard to sleep with daylight so early this time of year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no skylight.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I just completed a four night stay and I think this hotel is just fine in many respects. Free parking, free breakfast, comfortable quarters, convenient to downtown Vancouver, whether by your own car, taxi or bus. I liked the fact that the stores like Shoppers Drug Mart were right there along Hastings St. Many restaurants and cafes in the area too.

My room was in an inner corridor, and not facing Hastings Street, so I had no problems with noise from the outside. I liked the fact that I could open the sliding glass door to get some fresh air. The front desk staff was always helpful too.

This is a very good deal. The location is fine. No worries.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank PGarcia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were booked to stay four nights, only stayed one. Front desk didn't seem to know what they were doing..finally got our room three keys and three rooms later. We requested roll-away bed at 3 pm and 2 times after. I finally went down to lobby at 11:00 pm and guy at front desk told me when driver got back he would take my bed up. He finally did about an hour later. Front desk not helpful. Room was out-dated, half clean, half dirty (hand and fingerprints all over sliding glass door and bed skirt had serious stains). Lobby was nice and free breakfast was ok. Hotel is not in the best part of town. Not a good idea to walk around at night. I'm glad we found another hotel...our Vancouver vacation was fabulous!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank zigblue
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The room was generally comfortable although slightly on the tired side. The carpets had visible stains and the tube based television had an analogue and fuzzy picture. The wireless internet is free but a little on the slow side.

My biggest complaint about this hotel was the paper thin walls. I could hear the neighbours in both sides of the room until late into the night. As a business traveler this made it hard for me to get that good night sleep. I believe after a renovation and a little soundproofing this could be a great hotel.... but until then I'll take a pass the next time I come to Vancouver.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank malocite
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Ok hotel however they put us in a room with a skylight directly over the beds. Sounds nice until 6:30 am when the sun comes glaring in. Not nice when your on vacation. And we knew right away why the check in person was very quick to say that the hotel was full and we could not change rooms. So sad that this could be simply solved by installing a blind made for skylights. Hunter Douglas sells them for about a hundred bucks. Neighborhood is working class no problem but you drive through a sketchy part going into city from here. But if you have a car its convenient and ok for the price. And breakfast was included and nice.

• Stayed: May 2011