This hotel is perfectly located for the PNE, Pacific Coliseum, Playland and Empire Field (we were there for the Whitecaps season opener). It is literally steps from the main entrance to the PNE. It only took us about a 10 minute walk to Empire Field- even with all of the crowds. Access is easy if coming from the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal.
When I made the reservation on the internet, I requested a room in the back, in case of street noise and that is exactly what we got. The room was spacious enough for the 4 of us and the desk and free internet access were perfect since one of our daughters had to work on an essay while there. We heard no noise from any neighbours, either beside us, above us or below us. The beds were comfy and there were enough toiletries and towels. My only complaint about the room was that the heating unit was rather loud (athough it was efficient). Luckily, it was warm enough that we slept at night without it on.
The area is great for restaurants. You can eat just about anything, from fast food, to Vietnamese, Chinese or Japanese, to Italian to plain old western. We walked about a block and a half west to the second Vietnamese restaurant on the same side of Hastings. It was full of locals (usually a good sign). For the four of us to have dinner, with tip, it was only $40!! There are also a number of shops, a Shoppers and a London Drugs all within a couple of blocks. There are a few homeless people around some of the stores - especially the liquor store (surprise, surprise) and London Drugs. However, none of them were aggressive and simply stood or sat there with their hands or hats out. They did not scare us at all.
There are not alot of touristy kinds of things to do within walking distance - with the exception of the fair, sports events etc. at the earlier mentioned venues. You will likely have to drive to see other attractions. It took us 10 and 20 minutes to get to a couple of malls. If we come back to see any of the nearby events again, we will certainly stay here, without any hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'You'll Love It In Here' at our Vancouver Hotel. The Atrium Inn Vancouver is located minutes from downtown Vancouver. Our boutique-style hotel is close to everything in Vancouver. Are you searching for a pet friendly, Vancouver hotel near fun and exciting attractions? When you stay at the Atrium Inn Vancouver you can catch a game at the Pacific Coliseum, venture to PNE and Playland, or explore Stanley Park. Smart business travelers enjoy staying in our Vancouver hotel suites or executive rooms. Our location off Trans Canada Highway 1 makes it easy to get to meetings. Rogers Sugar, ECOMM, Metrotown, BCIT and other businesses are nearby. Make your event a success with our meeting rooms and A/V rental equipment. With free high-speed, wireless Internet access, you'll have a productive stay in Vancouver. You can burn calories at our fitness centre, get a good night's rest on our triple-sheeted beds, and start the morning with a buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atrium Inn Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Vancouver Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Vancouver