“Love the location!”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've stayed here a few times and the location is great. It's right by the water, walking distance to Stanley Park, Pacific Centre, and there's plenty of restaurants and other shopping nearby.
I really like making use of the gym. It's pretty big with lots of equipment and a big enough area to do yoga. The treadmill and elliptical machines are equipped with individual TV screens and they have a pool and hot tub.
The bell boys are great. Always smiling and very quick to open the doors for you when coming in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,916)

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The location and accessibility was great. the hotel housekeeping team and restaurant staff were friendly and professional. Great eating places in close proximity to the hotel which is also situated close to the convention center - making it a convenient option for any business traveller. Rooms are compact and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for a week, and found the room to be very quiet. Nice big king sized bed, with a comfortable couch. It is clean and even has a small fridge. We got to overlook the street and the everyday life of living downtown. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your stay, from the door man, to the cleaners I don't have anything negative to report. It is really great to be on the 18th floor, as you get incentives. There is a free breakfast and snack before dinner, little eating area, with staff that are very personable. The pool is warm and clean, with a hot tub. The fitness center has everything you want and may need. All this is very clean and it doesn't smell like a gym. I would tell others to stay here when you come to Vancouver for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a gold status, then ask for the 18 floor.
Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Loved this Place! Alex the concierge was fabulous! Made our second honeymoon fantastic! Great Bell Boys! Just real cool. Right by the bay and the Olympic torch is just a block away. They even had umbrellas for one of the days it was raining!

2  Thank GrandStaircaseFan
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked my stay the week before I left, and I was not too sure what to expect as there were mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised, everything was great!! I would definitely recommend the renaissance to anyone, I had exceptional service!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed March 8, 2014

OK, i will give the team hear TOP MARKS.... The staff really are 4plus star worthy!!!!! Hotel looks nice, good location but just feels like it is under 4 stars.... I travel alot and book here because they went out of their way to help me with a booking for my daughter - so i booked my business trip here as an appreciation for their efforts... TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS and you will win me over. I can stay at any hotel and will likely return here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the bay/water! Beds are a little FIRM.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel itself is good. The rooms are a little dated. Was staying. club floor level. The front desk was very warm and welcoming. However when coming back from a stroll around the city, the bell boys(door service whatever you want to call them) would generalize someone by what they're wearing or their age. I'm a young lady and was wearing casual clothing, no one would open the door for me and greet me but as soon as a business man came around in a suit they were greeted wth respect. I travel around the world for work and stay in many hotels and I am always greeted with a warm hello. I would say this hotel is full of "snobs". The best part is these men who come by the hotel do not even stay at the hotel. If I were the staff I would be treating my paying customer with respect and not someone who is swinging by for a meeting. Would not recommend this hotel for the simple fact of the customer service. And the rooms all also not sound proof therefore you hear the cleaning crew, was woken up at 7:30am by a loud bang.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Travellercw
Kevin M, Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Travellercw,

Thank you for the feedback. While we appreciate all feedback I was disappointed to see your review, in particular that of our bellmen and I know they will be disappointed too. I am sorry to see this was the service you received and can assure in no way do any of our team actively profile our guests. As you can imagine in a large hotel with a busy restaurant our bell team see plenty of people coming and going all day and do their best to give every guest the attention and service they have come to expect. Again, I do apologize on behalf of our team that this was not the service you received and should you wish to discuss further I can be reached at kevin.miller2@renaissancehotels.com.

Regards,