“Great staff & attention to detail make all the difference”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, WA
“Great staff & attention to detail make all the difference”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay with 3 friends for a wintertime getaway. It was easy to find the hotel and the attached parking garage. On our arrival we were warmly welcomed and checked in by Cesar who was friendly and knowledgeable. This is a fairly standard large scale hotel, although the common areas have been nicely renovated and there are very nice touches such as a bowl of apples at check-in and in the workout area. We were given city view rooms on the 14th floor - large, clean, comfortable and with nice touches including Aveda bath products and newer flat-screen TVs. Renovated in the past few years and still looking sharp, although some of the lamps showed wear. All 4 of us enjoyed the hot tub, pool, and workout facility. The hotel is very close to Canada Place and the harbor and a very short walk from Robson Street shopping. On check-out, Cesar was again working and was professional, friendly, and efficient. The great staff and attention to detail were surprising for such a large corporate property, but definitely mean this Renaissance is a standout among large Vancouver hotels. Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed 6 nights for our honeymoon. Front desk, Leslie, took excellent care of us by providing us with a beautiful room with balcony, overlooking the water. We are Gold Elite Marriott members and really enjoyed the superb food & drink in the concierges' club. Sona & Vovla went beyond by having soy milk for me for breakfast. Vovla remembered that I was vegan (no animal products) and would have a few noshes for me that I could eat. Even if you don't exercise regularly, you will want to indulge in this gym atmosphere! The best exercise area this traveler has EVER experienced in a hotel!!! We were very pleased with customer service, special honeymoon service and cleanliness of this hotel. Even though Vancouver experienced record cold during our stay, that didn't stop us from walking the town and to the harbour - everything is in walking distance:)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzan S
Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is in a nice position downtown, near the harbour.

What really disappointed me was the service. They ask 8 dollars per day for the internet connection and when I asked them for an adapter for the power plug I HAD TO BUY IT (at a price 3 time higher then in a normal shop).
It's unbelievable that in 2013 you have to pay extra money for basic services like internet an electricity. I have seen cheap hostel with far better services.

Anyway, the hotel is nice and the staff is friendly.
The rooms could have been cleaner

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lhotun
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the night of our company Christmas party being held at the convention center. We booked through hotwire and were extremely impressed by the quality of the hotel for the price we paid. The check-in was smooth and friendly. We were able to check in an hour early as arranged over the phone prior to arriving. The valet held our keys while we checked in so that we could arrange self-parking rather than valet as we were in a 'drop off only' area and he would make sure we were ok while checking in. Our room was a little small but in very nice condition with a very modern bathroom. The patio door was very hard to slide open and closed and I was never 100% sure the door was fully closed but that was the only issue we had. We made use of the pool and hot tub which were indoors and clean but definitely showing their age somewhat. The gym was well stocked with equipment. The location was great as it's very close to the convention center and Coal Harbor. Having a room on the lower price of what they offer, I was still very impressed. I did sneak a few peeks of the rooms across the hall while housekeeping had the door wide open and the views were amazing. I would definitely consider asking about the price for a room with a view next time. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff is very helpful and friendly. However, the elevators were in very poor working order(railing falling off in elevators, buttons were not working and one stopped working altogether), parking is very scary if you own a vehicle over 5.5' (very low clearance), I got a rash from the hot tub (it was extremely dirty) and it is very noisy throughout the night with another building being built nearby. The shower in the room was also very touchy for hot and cold. The hotel is in dire need of updating as there is a lot of cosmetic damage throughout the building. Given the state of the hotel I would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VicTraveller2013
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Perfectly located in the very center of Vancouver: a few blocks from Waterfront terminal station of metro Canada Line, city buses are on the next street going south, a couple blocks away from cruise terminal, and just a block away from waterfront with nice walking area - great for jogging. Stanley Park is within walking distance. Urban Fare shop 3 min. away.

The hotel was clean and well maintained, both hotel interior and the rooms. Bathroom was spotless. Room facilities are also very good. Besides bed, there is also a small sofa with night table, and great desk for work, with both wired and wireless interned connection (not included in room price). There is also an espresso machine and a small selection of coffee and tea, refilled every day.
I took a room overlooking the harbor (~20CAD more per day), but it was worth the view, which was spectacular. The room was also very quiet, ideal for business trip, when I had to work a bit more in the afternoons / evenings.

Can't tell much about hotel restaurant, as I was dining outside. I had breakfast in at the Club level, the selection of food was very good.

Staff was friendly and very helpful. Any requests / questions I had were addressed immendiately.

One thing that bothered me a bit was WiFi . In the room, once connected and authorised, it worked quite fast , but once an hour or two I had to re-login again with my password. This was a bit annoying at times.
WiFI was also available outside rooms, with different password. Also, the WiFi costs 15 CAD / day extra to the room price. I came from Europe, and I am normally used to hotels providing WiFi free of chargé for such room price.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel - both the hotel itself and its location are perfrct for business stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: I recommend taking room with view on the harbor. Slightly more expensive (~20CAD), but the view fro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BoguslawC
Central NJ
Reviewed November 14, 2013

During a recent work trip to Vancouver, I decided to try this Renaissance. While the front desk staff and bell hops were extremely courteous and eager to provide good service, I was disappointed in my room and overall cleanliness and upkeep of the areas outside of the lobby. One of my 'gold standards' of a hotel is how quiet the rooms are, and how much or little you can hear from your neighbor(s). The room I had failed this miserably. Not only did the hallway noise seem to reverberate, but I could hear everything from my neighbor's TV to their business in the bathroom. Ugh.
I also did not like my 'harbor' view, as the hotel is set back and between two other buildings, which does not offer much of a panoramic vista. My room also had what seemed to be a former balcony, where the inside sliding doors were permanently locked off from a concrete enclosure with another set of glass doors/windows on the outside. It was an odd look.
The offering in the Concierge lounge in the evening was average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business