“nice hotel”

Ranked #39 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of an organised tour. At our tour 'welcome' I remember the lady that looked after us (drinks, food etc) was very friendly and attentive... she really enjoyed her job and it showed. The dry-cleaning service was very good.
We found a great place nearby (takeaway/foodmarket) that did proper meals in big takeaway boxes (out the door, turn right, about a block away on the corner).
Very close to the walkways around the water.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed two nights there before joining a Trafalgar tour and after the tour finished we had another 5 nights there. The hotel is a good location because you can walk from there to most things and there always taxis there as well. Being from Australia I am used to every motel, caravan park or units these all have a fridge or bar fridge. There was a not a lot of fridges and because I am a diabetic and I have to keep my medication cool I found that was a bit of a problem but apart from that I could find any fault with the Renaissance Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking that water the view was very lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Only had the pleasure of staying here for one night. The room was spacious and spotless and the bed was the most comfy hotel bed I have ever slept in. Unfortunately we arrived late and left early the next morning but still talking about the great bed.
The hotel was a great choice as it was near Canada Place and the cruise ship.

Room Tip: If cruising this is the hotel for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great location, clean, spacious rooms and super comfortable beds. I would definitely stay here again for a personal trip. But I was here for a work conference for 4 days and the wifi did not work for a majority of the time. As a frequent business traveler that is a serious problem, I couldn't check email for a full day and while they were super nice and compensated our group its still problem. You can't be a full service conference and business hotel without wifi capacity for almost 200 people plus your guests.

Other than that the hotel was great, the food was tasty and the gym was clean and spacious and well lit! Many hotel gyms are in basements or in un-motivating places so it was a nice change.

Room Tip: My room was 840 and it was huge and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel in Vancouver is clearly attractive and well run by friendly people.
It is well situated close to Canada Place and within all the downtown activity. Getting a taxi takes seconds. In particular, I'd like to point out
the 24/7 indoor pool and gym. Great during the cool rainy season. I'll be there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently spent 5 nights at the Renaissance for a conference. As a frequent visitor to Vancouver, I have stayed at many different hotels. While the cost is a bit higher than average, it is a good choice, mainly because of its location. While it is a bit of an older property, it seems to have been renovated not that long ago. The rooms' interiors are fresh and larger than average. Mine had a king bed, desk and a chaise lounger. Small extras like small bar fridge, daily newspaper, Aveda toiletries and a safe are an added touch.

The hotel's location allows for views of Coal Harbour from the north facing guest rooms, restaurant and gym. It is close to Robson Street, Coal Harbour, Stanley Park and the SkyTrain.Everything is ready to get to and there are 2 coffee shops around the corner.

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here for a conference which seemed to be plagued by infrastructure/service problems. There were constant internet/wifi issues, and one day we were without internet access all day, a real issue for the business people attending; and some of the conference sessions depended on that access. We also needed different PINS for wifi, depending on where we were in the building--a huge nuisance.

More troublesome for me was the fact that one night at 2:30 am, I was awakened by what seemed to be a fire alarm. As I dressed and rushed out to the hallway, I realized that the noise was coming only from my room. It turned out to be a malfunctioning heater/AC unit. Someone came to the room to check it out, but reported that the engineer wouldn't arrive until 9 am, so I was moved (but not my belongings) to another room... on another floor... to try and sleep the rest of the night.

When I went back to my original room after breakfast outside the hotel, the noise had stopped, and I could tell someone had taken the cover off of the AC/heating unit. Problem solved, I thought... until 1 am that night when the whole thing started up again. I had an early morning flight home, so I simply went without sleep, but when I reported the issue at the front desk upon checking out at 4:00 am, the only response I got was, "Oh, that's too bad."

You can see that the hotel is showing its age, and I surmise that it is not up-to-date to handle internet and other issues related to its infrastructure. Two out of four nights there with little sleep because of the hotel, and I can't believe I wasn't offered some sort of compensation or refund... or at least an apology.

Staff were otherwise friendly, but that can't compensate for the lack of services that business people need today... and the ability to get a good night's sleep... or two.

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business