“Decent”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Marriott properties are great because of their consistency across the brand and around the world. If you like Renaissance properties, then you will like this hotel. Pros: close to the harbor/walkway, convention center, Olympic torch and many restaurants/bars. The conceirge lounge was superb....good selection of healthy and creative bites plus very friendly and gregarious staff. Cons: the front desk staff was absent....I only had a couple of dealings with them but wow, what a miss. Aloof, un-attentive, did not smile or offer a kind or supportive word and had to stalk them to get them to look up to answer a question. A notable fail. Also, the self parking (add 10 minutes to your coming/going to get to parking garage) was a bit atrocious unless you pay to valet (which still looked like a long wait). Overall, clean hotel, comfortable rooms and mostly consistent Marriott quality. I will likely look elsewhere on a future trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank miraval1
RSGgmRVHH, General Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear miraval1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your January stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that you have a GREAT stay rather than simply a "decent" stay as you've noted.

My apologies for the conduct of the folks at the Front Desk. We have recently focused on this particular area and are confident that we have overcome these challenges.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Dear Here-today-gone...,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us in February.

Very sorry to hear about your stay - my apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

I'd like to learn more about the room in which you stayed and would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss further.

I have sent a message directly to your account with my contact information. Please feel free to contact me directly when it is convenient to do so.

I look forward to chatting with you and hopefully having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The pictures and lobby are completely misleading. I chose a different hotel but my host directed me here because the Marriott was sold out. My room is below ground level, tiny and noisy. This place is seriously a dump. Maybe there are nicer rooms? Who knows, but I'm not coming back to find out. The folks at the counter were very polite. The room isn't so polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Here-today-gone-soon

Dear Here-today-gone...,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

From the doorman's welcome, valet service, and front desk clerk (Cesar!) we felt like royalty walking in. We were upgraded to a harbour view for free, which was a nice surprise. Breakfast room service was fast and yummy. Again customer service was spectacular. Housekeeping was perfect and attentive. The windows actually opened, so we were able to take great photos of our view and enjoy fresh air. The room was spacious, bed comfortable, water pressure reliable, and the valet parking was less expensive than most anywhere I have stayed in an urban setting (23$ Canadian/night). I have already recommended it to multiple people.

Room Tip: Harbour view is spectacular but only worth the extra expense if you plan on relaxing for some hours...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear pinkessa,

Thank you for providing us with comments and feedback regarding your stay with us and for recommending us to multiple people.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate your comments regarding the service provided by our team. They work very hard each and every day to provide top knotch service and your comments certainly validate their hard work.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Really appreciate this hotel... Extremely clean! Get a room with a view on the Harbor and open your curtains to a beautiful peaceful view... Go for a nice run behind the hotel along the harbor or use there 24hr gym!
You have to walk at least 10 min to get to affordable restaurant located on Robson street! But all worth it!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cyndae2003,

Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear you had a great stay with us in January.

Robson Street does have some GREAT restaurants and fantastic shopping but make sure you also give our p2b bistro+bar a try when you're here next. I know you'll be impressed!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an older hotel, however it has had recent renovations to make it quite lovely & current. It was good, clean & the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Perfect location if you're taking a cruise. Stay high and have the harbour view. Loved the walks on the harbour, watching the seaplanes take off and land and the mountain views. Beds are super comfortable. The hotel is centrally located in downtown so you can do some serious "tourist-type" activities. Can't wait to go back - just so much more to see and do there!

Room Tip: If you want to be entertained while in the room, get a room high and faces the harbour. We loved th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Bobbye M,

We really appreciate your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us in September.

You can't wait to come back and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel and the service, view, and value remains exceptional. I am a Marriott Platinum member and was upgraded to a harbor view room on a the 16th floor and provided with coupons for breakfast and appetizers (lounge was closed over New Year's).

I had a room with a king size bed which was comfortable and provided the expected quality - nice TV with a good selection of HD channels. The bathroom is a little small, but provided the usual amenities. Housekeeping responded well to my requests. The gym was convenient and well equipped. The pool looked nice, but I didn't use it. The food and the service in the restaurant and the bar are excellent. The panoramic windows provide a nice (although partially obstructed) view of the harbor.

As others have said, the view of the harbor is nothing short of awesome. There is a 6-inch balcony which does allow you to stand outside to get a better view - it is not a sitting down balcony.

Location is extremely convenient and the hotel is easily reached from the airport by using the Canada Line.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 48traveler

Dear 48traveler,

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us in Janaury.

And a BIG thanks for highly recommending our property.

You're right - the trip along the Canada Line from the aiport to the station closest to us - the Burrard Station - is a quick and easy trip.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on December 31st, 2012 for New Years Eve. This hotel is a very good average hotel. I would give this a strong 3 almost 3 1/2 stars but nothing more. If you are looking for a decent stay with great views (harbour side rooms) this is a great hotel. For what you pay, you get your monies worth. I wouldn't say anything stood out as spectacular or great by any means other then the view but hey, it's a decent hotel.

The Good:
Comfortable beds, clean room, view was spectacular, staff were friendly, room was ready early. I really liked the pool flooring as well (bottom of the pool felt nice on the feet).

The Bad:
Small hottub, small rooms, small bathroom, balconies are tiny!! The heater makes a lot of noise and is extremely annoying to listen to while trying to sleep. Front desk didn't have change for a 20.00 either. Not only did they not have change for a 20.00, (which is weird), they didn't even give me a suggestion to try the bar or restaurant. Guess I had to figure this out for myself and just ask everyone.

Recommended price point to spend: $100.00 - 130.00 per night is a good price.
Recommended star rating: 3 - 3 1/2 but 3 1/2 is pushing it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S

Dear Jeff S,

Thank you for providing comments and feedback regarding your stay with us this past New Years Eve.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, for the most part.

You shouldn't have to figure out how to get change for a $20 bill. I do apologize for that and assure you that this won't happen again.

We do have different sized rooms in the hotel with balconies of varying sizes so hope that you're able to secure something that suits your needs in the future.

We look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again.